PDA

View Full Version : "Failed to setup directx"

redface
11-04-07, 12:48
hi there

I have directx 9 installed and now for some reason tomb4.exe pops up and says "Failed to setup directx". also winroomedit errors and not load... anyone got any ideas.

my directx9 appears to be fine..

redface

tomblover
11-04-07, 12:53
Hi Redface and welcome to the forums. :wve:

I've encountered this and as far as I remember, I solved the problem by reinstalling TRLE, but when I installed it, I pressed the custom installation button instead of just clicking next all the time. Custom installation lets you check and uncheck what you'd like to be installed, now that you have that all checked list up, scroll down to the bottom and uncheck DirectX 7. That should solve it.

Hope you understood what I meant, my english sucks when it comes to explaining things. :p

redface
11-04-07, 12:58
Hi

thanks for your reply..i am using the trle_uk automatic extraction which does not give me the option to custom.....any other ideas?

redface

tomblover
11-04-07, 13:01
In that case, I sadly don't know. I have the CD wich comes with TRC for the PC. Good luck on fixing the problem. :)

redface
11-04-07, 13:39
Downloaded iso version but still no good..oh well

anyhow..thanks

chrimajon
11-04-07, 14:26
I had this happen recently,for no apparent reason..

go here and update your DirectX run-time - solved the problem for me!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a9b6820-bfbb-4799-9908-d418cdeac197&displaylang=en

Stranger110
11-04-07, 14:34
If this window appear, just start TR via tomb4setup.exe. Then it should work. :)

redface
13-04-07, 16:59
Thank you all for trying to help me solve the DirectX problem i had..

I discovered that the graphics setting had been lowered in the property settings..I returned to full and the problem vanished..

System-Perfromance-Graphics

phewwwwwww

redface