PDA

View Full Version : Bring back TREP

dox online
11-04-07, 16:20
I was a big fan of TREP. I want to get TREP back. I would like to try and get trep back in the making. I might need a team to help. It was stopped becose of disslike. If we show that the people who like trep is more then the people who hate trep, It may come back into making. Please be with me to get trep back.
Please make this sticky becose I feel that this thread should be able to have replys all the time. I realy am going to try to bring it back not just dreeming

kill bill
11-04-07, 16:22
Well I like trep and all but sometimes good things dont last. But Hay.

BRING TREP BACK

Betal
11-04-07, 16:25
It didn't stop because of disslike. almost all who use TRLE have TREP. It got stopped because of the new engine I think.

Dead_spiriT
11-04-07, 16:25
This is petition, right? Well, if it is, I support it!

I don't know anybody who hates TREP.

I also want trep back. I want it so much!!!

kill bill
11-04-07, 16:27
If they dont bring it back im still happy at least my computer dosent need to be rebooted.:jmp: wasnt the latest 76 or something like it.:D

nowid50
11-04-07, 16:35
SUPPORTING THE PETITION !!!:mad:

dox online
11-04-07, 16:42
Who made TREP?

tweetygwee
11-04-07, 16:54
What do you mean by "bring back TREP"? It hasn't gone anywhere, we can still use it.
And what's wrong with Fexengine? If you don't like it you can still use TREP and tomb4, it's not illegal now or anything. :rolleyes:

dox online
11-04-07, 17:12
Tomb raider isnt the same without trep
Right at the time I heard that trep was no longer being built I was shocked
Every TRLE game was a lot better with the TREP paches
Please bring back TREP!

tweetygwee
11-04-07, 17:14
Tomb raider isnt the same without trep
Right at the time I heard that trep was no longer being built I was shocked
Every TRLE game was a lot better with the TREP paches
Please bring back TREP!

But you can still use it! :hea:

adngel
11-04-07, 20:00
Sorry, I think the same than tweetygwee... ¿whats the matter exactly? @.@

Nowadays, There are nothing what banned use TREP O.o, everybody can download it and use in theirs levels.

There are not gonna be "more updates", right, but is not fough of the author (Pyaomiauch or something like that >.<) the author is not a genious (or that is what he say...) and is very difficult make all by he alone, before, at the begin, a lot of people were working in the TR4 engine, but months later a lot of them, were working in their own projects and abandon the TREP project. At the end, TREP has grown a lot, and now if it grown more, is for have more patches. But for that patches is necesary more people whoe build them...

However, I think that if there would be people who were building patches, in a future thoose patches could be atached to the TREP (Although the project is close, speaking with the author, there wouldn&#180;t be any problem.). But that.... there are not a lot of people making patches so &#191;what will have the next version of TREP O.o? -> no more versions -.-

I don&#180;t think exactly that he stoped the uploadings for the fexengine or for be lazy.

tweetygwee
11-04-07, 20:16
Someone's on my side!

I think it's very greedy to ask for more TREP features, there's so much already and Pyuamuch has done loads for us already. Give him a break! And you can still download it, it's not illegal!

Izzie404
11-04-07, 20:54
Are they making a different "trep" for The new engine?

Titak
12-04-07, 08:51
There's no real need for this petition.
TREP is still available for download from the TREP homepage. ;)

Ensi just stopped developing it any further.

I would have liked TREP to have been developed further but I'm also very happy with what we've got now.
TREP has really given the custom level community a boost! :tmb:

I agree with adngel on this.
One can make ones own patches and add them to TREP.
I'm pretty sure Ensi would help in telling how a new patch can be added to TREP. ;)

aktrekker
12-04-07, 08:54
Are they making a different "trep" for The new engine?

Last I heard, the new engine will support TREP. So you can still make patches and the new engine will handle it correctly.

ggctuk
12-04-07, 09:19
TREP never went. It just means they will not be updating it anymore.

That is a shame, there are some things I would have liked for TRUB remake. Oh well, but everything is still there.

dox online
12-04-07, 09:23
Ive now got a version that doesnt work.

Izzie404
12-04-07, 12:52
A version of TREP?

that doesn't work :yik: that's impossible :p ...
What's happening?

Betal
12-04-07, 13:13
Ive now got a version that doesnt work.

You need to download the first version because it have some needed files

dox online
14-04-07, 09:51
I think trep is continuing again now! 13 Apr 2007: Considering latest news from Paolone (http://www.trlevelmanager.net/trng_engine.htm), TREP and add-on module support will continue at least until first NG Tomb4 version release.
Also thanks to all support and good words. Please forgive me for hastiness. Rock on!
http://trep.croftmanor.de/images/gigi.gif

Titak
14-04-07, 10:53
I think trep is continuing again now!
You think so? :rolleyes:

Ensi has already reported yesterday (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=84374&page=34#339) that he will, for now, keep developing TREP. ;)