PDA

View Full Version : E4 Censorship

TombRaiderLover
12-04-07, 20:06
I was watching a Scrubs double bill today - the two episodes with Ben Fraser. (My Occurrence, My Hero) Although E4 has always been censoring their shows, never have they been this ridiculous with their decisions. :rolleyes: Some cuts are typical E4 behaviour, but some are a new low.

List of cuts, as far as I am able to remember:

*Shots of Jordan's brother Ben's bloody hand are cut

*The following lines have been cut:

Female surgeon: Wait . . . Mr [insert name here] is Jewish, right?
Turk: Yeah, so?
Female surgeon: Why isn't he circumcised?

*Ben referring to it being so cold, that he could hang a coat off his left nipple is cut.

*One line from Todd's singing narration is cut. "Dum, dee dee dum, shiny scalpel," remains, but, "Dum, dee dee dum, gonna slice him up," has been removed.

*The line, 'Kiss my ass,' is cut.

*A shot of Doug (Nervous Guy) placing his arm on the very bloody glass of a door and saying, "I'll come back later then," in JD's fantasy has been completely removed.

*After Turk tells the group that that JD is able to say what movie any actress appeared nude in, Elliot tests JD and he answers correctly. This scene has been removed.

*Carla flirting with JD, testing whether or not he'll flirt back or reject her, is removed.

*The word 'crotch' is removed from Jordan's line, "I'll show you what I learned in my crotch-punching class."

*Jordan setting Ben's arm on fire in one of JD's fantasies is cut.

Greenkey2
12-04-07, 20:08
I haven't watched the show, but these examples sound pretty pathetic to me :rolleyes:

ace_85
12-04-07, 20:21
I think it's only when the episodes are aired pre-watershed (at 6pm). They're repeated again later on in the evening (usually about midnight) and then it's uncensored :)

Mad Tony
12-04-07, 20:29
Absolutely pathetic.

the hooliganz
12-04-07, 20:31
boring, and pathetic

Real Life Lara
12-04-07, 20:50
Oh god yeah, Id noticed that, but didnt know if it was just me being pedantic or not :p But now I know others have noticed it too, yeah, its pretty sad... scrubs rocks aswell, but the jokes just make no sense whatsoever when they cut the mildly suggestive etc parts out. Urgh.

tlr online
12-04-07, 20:51
Look at how much they cut Big Brother? I had the live stream, and I lost count how many times I heard birds chirping rather than juicy gossip. :(

Real Life Lara
12-04-07, 20:54
Look at how much they cut Big Brother? I had the live stream, and I lost count how many times I heard birds chirping rather than juicy gossip. :(

I always wondered how they anticipate which bits to cut out of programs like that since theyre live streamed? I mean I can understand how they'd have to be a bit more strict with live programs during the day etc, but come on, a tv program like Scrubs? Thats just too far.. o_O

Bonez
12-04-07, 21:35

The BB House always seems to be on a major airline route aswell :p

Though cuts are stupid. I don't like the Friends cuts either.

Titanium
12-04-07, 21:37

Either that or Big Brother decided to try to attract a new audience of birds.

But by the sound of the Scrubs quotes, sounds like they have removed quite a few vital lines of the show.

Angelus
12-04-07, 22:05
Friends gets cut a lot, too. :mad:

Bonez
12-04-07, 22:10
Friends gets cut a lot, too. :mad:

Yeah... I hate it. Its not even that bad..

Draco
12-04-07, 22:29
WTF is E4?

ace_85
12-04-07, 22:31
WTF is E4?

British TV channel, an offshoot of one off the main terrestrial channels here (Channel 4, unsurprisingly enough ;))