PDA

View Full Version : Musicians and Music Lovers!

PirateFromPeru
13-04-07, 06:33
Greetings everyone! Since I couldn't find any general threads about music, I decided to make one. If there are any other fellow musicians out there as well, feel free to join. We can talk about anything from guitar equipment to styles of music to artists and bands to how much music plays an important role in our lives. So let's start! :D

How important is music to you? Does it give you a sense of escape to a new world and create an atmosphere or does it move you in an emotional way? I'm curious to see what kind of answers will show up. ;)

DREWY
13-04-07, 06:38
Don't let this thread drop back one word answers of what you are listening to at the moment, as we already have a thread for that.

Ikas90
13-04-07, 06:46
How important is music to you? Does it give you a sense of escape to a new world and create an atmosphere or does it move you in an emotional way? I'm curious to see what kind of answers will show up. ;)

Music is very important to me. I prefer to play it myself rather than listen, though. I'm a piano player, and I've been inspired by many different piano pieces. One of these pieces is "To Zanarkand", from Final Fantasy X. It was an emotional piece for me, and I had the urge to learn it. So I did :)

I'm learning more songs on the Piano at the moment. I'm learning Linkin Park - Numb :)

PirateFromPeru
13-04-07, 06:48
I'll try not to, ecspecially since this is my first thread. I did see that other thread but I wanted to start something that required a little more thought (if that makes sense). If it starts going down hill though, feel free to close it.

Piano is great. I used to have one. The music in Final Fantasy has some great piano works too.

CuteKittenlol
13-04-07, 06:55
Meh, I don't know what I would do without music. XD

I used to play the Clarinet and zee Violin, but I hated both of them. I doubt I'll play another instrument, but it'd be cool to play the guitar or something. :D

PirateFromPeru
13-04-07, 07:04
Meh, I don't know what I would do without music. XD

I used to play the Clarinet and zee Violin, but I hated both of them. I doubt I'll play another instrument, but it'd be cool to play the guitar or something. :D

Guitar is actually quite easy. I've been playing now for almost nine years. It takes time getting your fingers used to moving on the fretboard but I'd say after a month of practice, you'll be good. :tmb:

Also, I wouldn't know what to do without music. It's a huge part of my life. It helped me get through some tough moments in the past and now it brings me joy. I've been in two bands in the past and that's actually helped me improve my social skills. Being forced to interact and play in front of huge crowds of people. ;)

Kamrusepas
13-04-07, 07:06
How important is music to you?

Very. I regret giving up playing the guitar.

PirateFromPeru
13-04-07, 07:45
Very. I regret giving up playing the guitar.

What kind of guitar did you play, if you can remember?

Kamrusepas
13-04-07, 08:40
I have a Yamaha C-40 in my closet. I'd need to get it strummed so I could try playing again.

Ampersand
13-04-07, 08:52
Does it give you a sense of escape to a new world and create an atmosphere or does it move you in an emotional way?

Yeah, sure does. :) I love music, but I'm not a musician. I'd like to be, but don't really have the patience/discipline/money. I compensate by spending almost all of my day listening to music. Even when I'm not, I leave my earphones in anyway because they're comforting. :D

Tomb Raider Master
13-04-07, 09:50
Although I don't play any instrument, I love listening to music every single day.

Joe_16
13-04-07, 10:05
Love music. Don't think I could get through the day without listening to some of my favourite stuff.

Always wanted to learn guitar. Think i'm going to buy an acoustic soon.

Andromeda66
13-04-07, 11:32
Viva la musica :D Life itself's a melody.

I play the piano and the guitar and its one those things I derive maximum pleasure from. :)

jjbennett
13-04-07, 11:39
I love listening to acoustic and blues music, it really does relax me, but i also love to play it on my guitar, i really dont know what i would do without it.

J.

Punaxe
13-04-07, 13:12
Music is very important to me. I use it both to work and to relax or to relieve stress or just to be amused. One of the first things I'd need in any place I would be new to, is a way to listen to music. :)

Fish.
13-04-07, 13:25
To me, music is probably the most important source of entertainment I can find. I love most rock, and alternative, metal.. You name it. So long as it isn't pop music, pop sucks.

Geck-o-Lizard
13-04-07, 13:40
I can play the saxophone... not brilliantly, but I can get a tune out of it, and it's fun to jam and just improvise to other music. I used to play in the school's concert band which was absolutely loads of fun and really rewarding, but I had to give it up in my last year at school when my part time college course interfered with the time band practise was at. :( I want to pick it up again sometime.

Ada the Mental
13-04-07, 13:58
I took up electric guitar last year but I gave it up.Not enough time to practice between all the stuff I do everyday.
Of course I have regretted it.I guess I'll start playing again sometrime.

Anyway,I love music.I generally listen to rock and metal.I can't say I have a favourite band,at the moment,though.Still searching for it.

xMiSsCrOfTx
13-04-07, 14:00
I can play the violin, piano and electric guitar. Quite a variety, I know. :rolleyes: I played the violin for nearly 6 years, but I quit a longgg time ago... Piano for like, 2 and electric guitar for 1.

Music is my life, seriously. I don't know what I'd do without music. Probably go crazy (crazier than I already am)...

Lew
13-04-07, 14:17
Although I don't play any instrument, I love listening to music every single day.

Same, I can't go anywhere without my iPod, if the batterys gone I get ****ed off and listen to it on my phone XD

Fish.
13-04-07, 14:19
I do have a guitar, which I'm getting pretty good at. I mastered the opening guitar solo for Breaking Benjamin's Skin. Finally mastered it!! :yah:

Can also play the opening solo for Nightwish's Deep Silent Complete. Woot!

PirateFromPeru
13-04-07, 18:21
Think i'm going to buy an acoustic soon.
Go for it man! :D Acoustic may be a slight more difficult, but if you can master that, then electric should be a piece of cake. :tmb:

So long as it isn't pop music, pop sucks.
LOL I would actually agree.

Anyway,I love music.I generally listen to rock and metal.I can't say I have a favourite band,at the moment,though.Still searching for it.
I don't have a favorite band either. It's hard since I try to listen to different stuff all the time.

Wow, lots of variety in instruments here. Violin and saxophone are two of the hardest to learn (in my opinion). To be honest, I'm not a super-talented guitar player. :o I can play some thrash and metal, but my talents are limited. I'm still trying to learn scales better so that maybe I can actually learn how to play good guitar solos. I'm more of a bass player actually. I like it better than guitar. I own a Fender p-bass special and I must say it is the greatest bass I've ever played. I wish I could get as good as Les Claypool from Primus. :D

rika2
13-04-07, 20:52
I play guitar for 3 ****in years... I play mostly metal, and probably will be able to play any metal song you ask me too (except some solos and progressive stuff)

Izzie404
13-04-07, 20:57
I play Piano [like lots] but I also play Organ (fav. song=Prelude and Fugue in C Major by Bach ), Flute (Song=Sicilienne), Violin (Venice Violins from TR2), Saxophone (no real song I like), Ocarina (Zelda Music :p), Irish Whistle (Irish Music :p)...I [B]LOVE Music...tho, I think I love Classical music the best

AODdigger
13-04-07, 21:51
I can play a guitar and piano, but haven't played in a few mounths :D I love music and it inspires me to do just about everything! It depends on the style and how much I want it... also. Amd If I don't have music, it's like I don't have air, or water. Anyway, I've cycled through almost all types of music. I change my point of view and taste of music, clothes and stuff for ahem.. obvious reasons :D But I change my taste for music most :D Now I like gothic rock/metal (opinional) and well, a little pop, but most of it is either really lyrical, or really dark and insane! And yeah, I'm a daredevil and I need music to inspire myself for doing just about anything! I'm a mysterious person :D

EDIT: I also do the most oposite of climbing and stuff - meditation and writing books :D What did I tell you?! :D

PirateFromPeru
14-04-07, 04:54
Sweetness! :D I would love to hear a real violin orchestra do the Venice music from TR2.

When I was 14 or 15 I first got into alternative and then shortly progressed to various metal music (mostly nu-metal like Korn, Limp Bizkit). I don't listen to any of that stuff anymore. In the past 3 or 4 years, my music taste evolved into thrash/death metal stuff and trip-hop. Some real good trip-hop artists are Portishead, Massive Attack, Tricky, Sneaker Pimps, and Morcheeba (I think all are from the U.K.). If you want to experiment with some new music, try some Massive Attack (my favorite). Their music will take you to a whole new world of atmospheric dreams. :D

edit: For anyone who likes metal, I uploaded a couple of mp3's into my fanography album. Check it out and tell me what you think or let me know if there are any problems. :tmb: