PDA

View Full Version : Roller skates?

Geck-o-Lizard
14-04-07, 11:34
Silly thread time. :D

It takes me 10 minutes to walk to the bus stop near my house, and another 15 - 20 minutes to get to college from the bus that stops nearest it. I can't take a bike on the bus to make the walking part quicker, and I can't use a skateboard without falling on my face... so I figure maybe inline skates would help speed me up a bit? Are they actually any good for everyday use or are they just a novelty?

tr_mitch
14-04-07, 11:44
I can't remember the last time i saw someone go by on roller skates, i thought they went out with the 90's.

Titanium
14-04-07, 11:47
If your good using them then yes they can be a good way of transport. Although I dont think it would do your street cred any good. :p

Geck-o-Lizard
14-04-07, 11:51
I know. :vlol: But I don't have any street cred to lose. I just want to find some way to stop being late for everything I need to walk to. :p

tlr online
14-04-07, 11:52
Get anything by Bauer. They make good quality skates. No point learning on a crap pair of skates, because it will impede the enjoyment.

Your journey to cyber-goth side is almost complete. ;)

Lew
14-04-07, 11:56
Haha this reminds me this time last year I was skating around town with Amy and Alice then we saw this scary woman and ran.... it was dark haha. I like skates, people should use them more.

How about getting them shoes with them built in?

Geck-o-Lizard
14-04-07, 12:01
How about getting them shoes with them built in?

They're even slower than walking. :tea: Plus the "heelies" look like they're awful for causing ankle strains. :s

Get anything by Bauer. They make good quality skates. No point learning on a crap pair of skates, because it will impede the enjoyment.

Your journey to cyber-goth side is almost complete.

What I really need is a pair of New Rocks with UV-reactive wheels... muhahaha.

Bauer, gotcha. What type of price would I be looking at, and what shops sell them? (Or are they cheaper online?)

Andromeda66
14-04-07, 12:07
Hmmm if its speed you want, inlines do help. Though I personally preferred the standard ones. Felt I could go faster without feeling bow-legged.

Neteru
14-04-07, 12:08
Your journey to cyber-goth side is almost complete. ;)I don't know. With the piercings, various attachments and the avatar, I'm becoming ever more convinced that she is Borg and that resistance is futile.

xMiSsCrOfTx
14-04-07, 13:03
Get those sneakers with wheels on the bottom that you can pull out/push back in. :p I always see little kids with those at the mall and I'm just waiting for the day when one of them seriously wipes out. :D

Punaxe
14-04-07, 15:25
Heh I've bought skates last year but I don't dare to practice on them because I'll look like a fool XD

Lavinder
14-04-07, 16:23
Your journey to cyber-goth side is almost complete. ;)

Anarki anyone ? :D

http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetquake.gamespy.com/images/oldsite/clusterimages/anarki.jpg

I think it would be faster than walking, as long as you can skate..

jackles
14-04-07, 16:26
One of those scooters can be nifty and folded up and taken on a bus...if your not a super skater...I mean if I was trying to skate I would spend 25 mins clinging to a wall...

laralauraxxx
14-04-07, 16:29
don't get heelies!!! whatever you do ... coz they're really dangerous. Yeah go for skates-personally i would speedwalk but hey-:tmb:

Mr.Burns
14-04-07, 16:36
I don't know. With the piercings, various attachments and the avatar, I'm becoming ever more convinced that she is Borg and that resistance is futile.

We will add your distinctiveness to our own. Surrender or you will be destroyed.:D

@Grace: Well, if my sister were here, she' d tell you to go for it. She's a hardcore inline skater. Screw street cred. If it gets you where you need to faster and it helps keep you in shape, then I say go for it.

Geck-o-Lizard
14-04-07, 17:25
One of those scooters can be nifty and folded up and taken on a bus...if your not a super skater...I mean if I was trying to skate I would spend 25 mins clinging to a wall...

I've got one of those scooters - it's surprisingly awkward and flimsy though, and refuses to fold up properly. >_> Otherwise I'd probably use it.

resistance is futile.

The man speaks truth. http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6783/wink2xg1.gif