PDA

View Full Version : Waterfalls in the Lara_Double_Mip Slot?

LaraCablara
15-04-07, 17:21
I downloaded a wad from Tomb Raider Chronicles, and there was a Waterfall in the Lara_Double_Mip Slot (or something like that), but it doesn't animate even when I trigger it, how do I make it so it animates?

Active Man
15-04-07, 17:24
Can you tell us the precise name of that waterfall object, please. If it is Lara Double MIP, then it cannot animate, cause MIP objects do not animate.

Izzie404
15-04-07, 17:30
I have an extra question: How do you tell which slot an object is in? Do you just have to know by how it animates? Or do all objects that are in that slot retain the original name? [Hard to explain]....

Active Man
15-04-07, 17:48
I do not quite understand your question, Izzie, but I think you asked how do you know the objects name. Simply, if you are using LE or NGLE, objects name is going to appear above the 3D preview window. If you were thinking about finding the diffrence between static and animating objects, it is simple to. In Wad Merger, you will be able to animate animating objects, but not statics. In StrPix, statics have the "collision box" applied to them, and animatings do not have nothing special. In LE (in game), animatings will "catch" room ambient lighting and statics wont. Static objects are also titled "EXTRAx", "PLANTx", "FURNITUREx", "ROCKx" or "DEBRISx" (and "SHATTERx").
Animatings are titled ANIMATINGx (and other enemie, Lara and additional smash objects).

Izzie404
15-04-07, 18:17
I just meant how do you tell, for example, if an object is in the Von Croy slot, or the Baddy slot? Does any other object that gets put into those slots still say "Von Croy" or "Baddy"?

LaraCablara
15-04-07, 18:35
Can you tell us the precise name of that waterfall object, please. If it is Lara Double MIP, then it cannot animate, cause MIP objects do not animate.

The precise name is Lara_Double_Mip, I just checked it again. Is there any way to put it in the first waterfall slot?

Betal
15-04-07, 19:07
I just meant how do you tell, for example, if an object is in the Von Croy slot, or the Baddy slot? Does any other object that gets put into those slots still say "Von Croy" or "Baddy"?

you can't have 2 of the same slot in a wad.

nowid50
15-04-07, 19:29
I downloaded a wad from Tomb Raider Chronicles, and there was a Waterfall in the Lara_Double_Mip Slot (or something like that), but it doesn't animate even when I trigger it, how do I make it so it animates?Why didn't you put in WATERFALL Slot ?:confused:

LaraCablara
15-04-07, 19:32
Why didn't you put in WATERFALL Slot ?:confused:

Its not that simple, how do I do it?

nowid50
15-04-07, 19:43
Easy ! :D In WadMerger use the "<< Rename" button after you selected the desired slot :)

LaraCablara
15-04-07, 20:05
That was easier than I thought :) Thank you!

Active Man
16-04-07, 12:04

No, any other object put in the wad will not get the same name as some other object. And there are not "groups" of animating objects like you said for Baddy and Von Croy. If you will put another enemy in the wad, you can name it SAS, BADDY_1, BADDY_2, SKELETON etc. But you cannot use the same object name multiple times in a wad.

aktrekker
17-04-07, 08:52
Any object you put in the voc_croy slot will be called von_croy. Any object you put in the baddy_1 slot will be called baddy_1. Only the slots have names, trle doesn't care about any other name your object might have.

Izzie404
17-04-07, 12:49
^^ Thank you. That's what I was trying to ask, but it was hard for me to figure out how to ask :o ...
Thanks to everyone, tho...