PDA

View Full Version : Custom Audio Files Use

Izzie404
23-04-07, 01:07
I would like to use one of my own audio files for the background music during my level, but I'm not sure what I should do to use the custom audio files. :o I was trying to use WinAmp, but I don't know how to use it. Any Help?

Titak
23-04-07, 07:42
THIS THREAD (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=79194) might help. ;)
The first post is about the audio files.
It also has the formatvalues the wav should be saved in. These values are very important. If your custom background music file isn't saved in that format it won't work ingame.

Windows Sound Recorder can save wav files in the correct format.
If your audio file is in MP3 format you'll need another program to convert it to wav first. Then you can use Windows Sound Recorder to save it in the correct wav format. :D

Izzie404
23-04-07, 21:32
WAV Format:
Microsoft ADPCM
44,100 kHz
4 Bit
StereoI can't set it to 4 bit, only 8 and 16. Will 8 Bit work?

Nevermind! I had it set to PCM format instead of Microsoft ADPCM, Thanks though! I might have some other problems later, but...We'll see!

Gravastars
23-04-07, 21:49
You can convert audio files perfectly with the TR Level Manager.

Izzie404
24-04-07, 01:33
Oh My Gosh, No! I never use Level Manager anymore, because it replaces all your original files with new files, and I never know what it is going to do. :mad: But thanks anyway; if I feel up to it, I may re-try LM.

I got an mp3 to work! All I did was use Acez Mp3 to Wav Convertor and Converted a song to that format, then I opened the .wav file using Microsoft Sound Recorder to convert it all the way into the correct format, since Acez Convertor does not allow to change it into 4 Bit, but you can using the Microsoft Sound Recorder.
Now I can have real music while playing my levels! :yah:

tweetygwee
24-04-07, 15:37
Great! At first I confused the PCM/ADPCM as well. :o

Gravastars
24-04-07, 16:33
Oh My Gosh, No! I never use Level Manager anymore, because it replaces all your original files with new files, and I never know what it is going to do. :mad: But thanks anyway; if I feel up to it, I may re-try LM.

I never actually use the Level manager for anything else other than converting audio files. It shouldn't be a problem.

tweetygwee
24-04-07, 16:35
For mp3 files you can also use the madplay and start me that comes with most custom levels. That's part of the level manager, I know, but those two files are all you need. If you want to keep the mp3 files, back them up first though.

Izzie404
24-04-07, 19:10
I always back up my files when doing anything involving TRLE :p