PDA

View Full Version : Mip?

gogreen
24-04-07, 19:28
I'm just curious- what is the dog-/sas-/baddy-mip?

Los Angeles
24-04-07, 19:33
And what is the Animating_mip?

Zelda master
24-04-07, 20:07
A mip object is the same as an normal object that supports a MIPslot, only when its far away its very lowpoly and lowdetailed;)

Titak
24-04-07, 20:18
To make it work that way you also need to add a command for it in the script of the level. You can check the original TR4 script to see how it is used.

But for LE you can also put regular objects in the animating-MIP slots.
Don't know if they can animate though.
I have only used those slots for non-moving objects when I ran out of regular animating slots. ;)

Izzie404
24-04-07, 23:20
Don't know if they can animate though.

I would doubt it since, like Zelda Master said, it is low-polygon and low-detail, seems there wouldn't be much use for it, since it wouldn't be good quality.

aktrekker
25-04-07, 07:20
You can only turn on animating mips in the script. The others were meant to be automatic, but as far as I know, they were never used. And only one animating mip was used in the original tr:lr game.

Titak
25-04-07, 08:54
I would doubt it since, like Zelda Master said, it is low-polygon and low-detail, seems there wouldn't be much use for it, since it wouldn't be good quality.
The original MIPs might be low quality but more detailed objects can be placed in the animating_MIP slots, no problem. That's what I have done. And they just stand there looking pretty. :D

http://titak.tombraiderforums.com/tutorials/animatingmip.jpg

Enemie MIPs are pretty worthless for use in custom levels I think.

Fluen
02-05-07, 16:49
Joseph Borrut made the formiddable "A Witch Shall Be Born" stuffed with new creative objects. I noticed that he had put a lot of things (possibly also traps) into the mip-slots.

Piega
02-05-07, 17:14
I also dont know if an MIP object animates but I do know that they wont be recognized in the savegame. I set once invisible. Triggered it, it appeared, saved, reloaded and it was invisible again.