PDA

View Full Version : My Level Doesn't Show on the New Game List

mattlsu
30-04-07, 12:22
I built my level and converted it to a .tr4 file and saved it to the data folder, then when I load the game and go to "New Game" it doesn't show up on the list. :confused: Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Kamrusepas
30-04-07, 12:35
Did you change the script?

Welcome to the forums, btw :wve:

Zig
30-04-07, 12:36
Hi there mattlsu

Are you using a custom wad?

Active Man
30-04-07, 12:37
Welcome to the forums, Mattlsu :wve: I wish you good luck in building levels and playing them.
Your problem is easy to resolve :)
Did you add a new [Level] block in the SCRIPT.TXT in the Scripts folder? If you did not, you can copy the entire block from any other level section. For example, copy the whole first [Level] block and paste it to the end of the file. Then just rename the TUT1 line to your .tr4 file (level) name ;) For more advanced scripting, check the original SCRIPT.TXT and post questions here if you need help. Or, the EASIER WAY: Just rename the DATA/TUT1 line to DATA/*your .tr4 file name*/ ;) To change your level name, find the Level= Playable Tutorial... line and change the Playable Tutorial Level to the name you want to appear in the New Game screen. Then, overwrite the SAME NAME over Playable Tutorial Level line in ENGLISH.TXT

Titak
30-04-07, 13:44
Welcome to this forum, mattlsu! :wve:

mattlsu
30-04-07, 19:41
Did you add a new [Level] block in the SCRIPT.TXT in the Scripts folder? If you did not, you can copy the entire block from any other level section. For example, copy the whole first [Level] block and paste it to the end of the file. Then just rename the TUT1 line to your .tr4 file (level) name ;) For more advanced scripting, check the original SCRIPT.TXT and post questions here if you need help. Or, the EASIER WAY: Just rename the DATA/TUT1 line to DATA/*your .tr4 file name*/ ;) To change your level name, find the Level= Playable Tutorial... line and change the Playable Tutorial Level to the name you want to appear in the New Game screen. Then, overwrite the SAME NAME over Playable Tutorial Level line in ENGLISH.TXT

I originally hadn't done that, and I just went through and added the new [Level] block and changed the TUT1 line, and saved it. It still doesn't show on the New Game list. I also tried the "Easier Way" where I rename the DATA/TUT1 line, and when I loaded it, it played the tutorial instead of my level

Active Man
30-04-07, 19:49
Are you sure that the compiled level is yours, not the Tutorial?
I suggest you to compile it again and try the Easier way again.
Did you compile the scripts?
If you didnt, go to the Scripts folder and click on English.bat and copy the new SCRIPT.DAT and ENGLISH.DAT files to your ROOT TRLE folder, and OVERWRITE THE OLD ONES ;)

mattlsu
30-04-07, 22:14
Wow I'm so lost, and I messed up my files. :( Soo...

I just uninstalled everything, and completely started over. I remade the level and saved the .tr4 file to the data folder in the directory, and that is all.

Now what?

Zig
30-04-07, 22:44
So,1. you've designed your level in the editor 2.output the wad to compile a TOM file 3.run tomb2pc(converter) thus creating a tr4 file?

If you have not used a custom wad for your level and have not made changes to the script, just run tomb4.exe( trle root folder). No need for saving the tomb4 file manually, because that's done when you run tomb2pc.

mattlsu
01-05-07, 00:43
tomb2pc automatically saves it to the data folder. i just dont know what to do next because it wont show in the new game list :\

Izzie404
01-05-07, 00:57
Is the file name in your script file?

Zig
01-05-07, 01:01
I can only remember my level not showing in the list after I play some custom games using TRLevel Manager, as it changes stuff in the TRLE folder.To solve the problem(in my case) all that I did was to 'double-click' my script.Dat file( the one with a COG ) again.I use Windows XP,I don't know if this works in other OSs.

mattlsu
01-05-07, 11:00
I built my own custom level with the Room editor and saved it to the data file. That's all I've done. I've even tried adding the [Level] block to the script like another user has instructed, but it still doesn't work.:confused:

Zig
01-05-07, 11:19
You don't need to add anything to the script unless you intend to change its name,or let's say, enable horizon, distant fog,etc.If you are using a default wad, no need to touch the script.

Uvavoo
01-05-07, 15:18
Which Wad (objects) did you use?
If it was Tut1 then simply choose 'Playable tutrial level' from the ingame menu. If you used settomb for example, choose Tomb of Seth from the ingame menu. Cleopal = Cleopatra's Palace etc.

mattlsu
01-05-07, 20:33
k... I made my level in the room editor from scratch. Then I hit output wad and then converted it with tomb2pc. The .tr4 file is in the data folder, and that's all I've done so far. :hea:

I don't know what to do next because everything I read when I googled this says that the level should show up on the new game list by putting the .tr4 file in the data folder, which I did. But it's not showing.

Izzie404
02-05-07, 00:24
You would have to add a [level] block for that level for it to show up on the list...

aktrekker
02-05-07, 07:24
What name did you give your level?
Which WAD did you use?