PDA

View Full Version : The light editor in StrPix

Fluen
02-05-07, 15:52
Does anyone know a manual for the light editor in StrPix? The help file doesn't tell how this feature works.

Piega
02-05-07, 16:55
Press CTRL + L to enable the light editor panel. When you slide to the left faces will turn more light. When you slide to the right faces turn more dark. Select a value you want and click the faces you want adjusted. When you have imported a static the value is always 16.

Now you also have number 1,2,3, and 4. This represents each of one of the 4 corners of a face. This is very tricky cause you dont know what number belongs to wich corner. Anyway a value always effects the face next to it.

Remember that this only works on statics imported as static. That's it :)

tweetygwee
02-05-07, 17:03
Sorry to hijack the topic somewhat, but what does the "flags" feature in Strpix do? Some objects have 2 and some have 3 in the flags, but what's the difference?

aktrekker
03-05-07, 08:26
If I remember right, 2 is for transparency, 1 is for no collision (like plants Lara can run through).

Fluen
05-05-07, 11:42
Thank you for both answers. :)
I also needed that piece of information on the flags.

tweetygwee
05-05-07, 11:53
Thank you for both answers. :)
I also needed that piece of information on the flags.

So I didn't really hijack it after all! :D

Thanks attrekker. I always set no collision by just putting "0" in all the dimensions boxes.

Michiel
05-05-07, 12:06
Some objects have 2 and some have 3 in the flags, but what's the difference?

Flag 2 means collision has been enabled, 3 stands for no collision. If the flag is 2 the collision box must be set as well in order to have working collision. When the flag is 3, the collision box gets ignored.