PDA

View Full Version : Is TRLE same thing as TR?

ashot
04-05-07, 14:06
Hey every1!

Just wondering is Tomb Raider 1 Revised the same game as Tomb Raider 1?
I mean obviously it is :D but ama just wondering does TR revised has all the same levels & same FMV's from original TR, so I'll b able 2 c storyline unveilin' and stuff like that?

Thx in advance!

LuigiEspadachin
04-05-07, 14:25
Hey every1!

Just wondering is Tomb Raider 1 Revised the same game as Tomb Raider 1?
I mean obviously it is :D but ama just wondering does TR revised has all the same levels & same FMV's from original TR, so I'll b able 2 c storyline unveilin' and stuff like that?

Thx in advance!

Same levels and plot in the sense, but some of the layout of the levels and what's in them has been radically changed. For example City of Vilacambia is alot longer with extra parts.

ace_85
04-05-07, 14:34
About 85% of the game is the same as TR1. As mentioned, a few levels have additional sections to them, and the graphics/lighting are slightly better than TR1 too (because it's actually using the TR4 engine). If you can't get hold of TR1 and are wanting to play it before TRA, you could certainly do worse than downloading the revised edition. For my money, it lacks some of the charm of the original and some of the 'expanded' sections of the levels are a little messy, and don't fit with the feel of the game as a whole. Generally though, it's faithful to TR1 and well worth checking out :)

MillenniumMan12
04-05-07, 14:36
Are you wondering becuase TR Revised is free :mis:

Just kidding :D! What Luigi said. Except, if you've never played the original, I highly reccomend buying it instead of TR1R....

;)

ace_85
04-05-07, 14:42
One thing I forgot to mention - If you want to follow the storyline properly, you'll probably have to download the TR1 FMVs from tombraiderchronicles.com. Although the revised edition has all the cutscenes that use the in-game graphics, there are a few (such as the start and ending FMVs) that were rendered separately in the original, and therefore aren't included in the revised files. It's not massively important, but some people have said that TR1's plot is difficult to follow anyway, so having those extra cutscenes might help you to make a bit more sense of what's going on.

ashot
04-05-07, 14:49
Are you wondering becuase TR Revised is free :mis:

Just kidding :D! What Luigi said. Except, if you've never played the original, I highly reccomend buying it instead of TR1R....

;)

Yer I got the original, xept i turned my world upside down, tryna make it work even with TRAI it gives me errors, well error nywa... mebe cuz I got Core 2 Duo dunno. Oh well and I really wanna play TR1 b4 TR:A 4 comparison and also cuz I never played the original in my life... err... how in the world did I manage 2 do that I've no idea :D
Anyway guys u told me TR revised like 80%-85% same as TR, but does revised have any FMV's in it? And if so r they same vids as in original?

Thnx! :)

trfan518
04-05-07, 14:52
About 85% of the game is the same as TR1. As mentioned, a few levels have additional sections to them, and the graphics/lighting are slightly better than TR1 too (because it's actually using the TR4 engine). If you can't get hold of TR1 and are wanting to play it before TRA, you could certainly do worse than downloading the revised edition. For my money, it lacks some of the charm of the original and some of the 'expanded' sections of the levels are a little messy, and don't fit with the feel of the game as a whole. Generally though, it's faithful to TR1 and well worth checking out :)

no....it uses a modified version of the legend engine...why would they use TR 4 engine! it is outdated and old by now! :hea: :hea: :hea:

ace_85
04-05-07, 15:00
no....it uses a modified version of the legend engine...why would they use TR 4 engine! it is outdated and old by now! :hea: :hea: :hea:

Please check your facts before sounding off; I'm not talking about Tomb Raider Anniversary, I'm referring to the revised edition of the original TR1 game that has been created using the Level Editor.

Anyway, to answer your question ashot, there were 2 types of cutscene in TR1 - one type uses the actual in-game graphics, and these have all been included in the revised edition more or less exactly the same as they were in TR1. The second type, however, were videos rendered with a seperate programme which the Level Editor does not support - therefore they cannot be included in the download. In order to view these particular cutscenes, you will need to download them from TRchronicles.com

ashot
04-05-07, 15:06

Oh what the !@#$? It uses legend engine? But legend engine was bad as... Well ppl just sucked out the fun outta that one huh.
Oh well but does it uses original FMV's from TR, i mean is FMV's in TR revised are the same old animated vids like in original, or they've been remade like vids in legend?

Hope that makes sense! ;)

ace_85
04-05-07, 15:14
No, the cutscenes haven't been remade - they're all pretty much identical to the animated vids from the original, except for one new cutscene which has been created to 'replace' the rendered FMV that usually plays just before Natla's Mines :)

ashot
04-05-07, 15:19
Please check your facts before sounding off; I'm not talking about Tomb Raider Anniversary, I'm referring to the revised edition of the original TR1 game that has been created using the Level Editor.

Anyway, to answer your question ashot, there were 2 types of cutscene in TR1 - one type uses the actual in-game graphics, and these have all been included in the revised edition more or less exactly the same as they were in TR1. The second type, however, were videos rendered with a seperate programme which the Level Editor does not support - therefore they cannot be included in the download. In order to view these particular cutscenes, you will need to download them from TRchronicles.com

Ah k, well thanks 4 clarifying that 4 me ace! :D

Ama gonna dl TRR now, and if IT's not gonna work ama gonna bang mt head against the wall! :hea:

But let's hope it'll works!

Nywa... Cheers! :D

ace_85
04-05-07, 15:21
I hope everything goes well, and that you enjoy the game :tmb:

Ward Dragon
04-05-07, 16:19
Oh what the !@#$? It uses legend engine? But legend engine was bad as... Well ppl just sucked out the fun outta that one huh.

Just to clarify, TR1 revised uses the TR4 engine. TRA uses a slightly improved Legend engine. :)

Anubis_AF
04-05-07, 19:06
Moved, to LE section.