PDA

View Full Version : Help guys! TR Revised won't run!! :(

ashot
05-05-07, 05:47
I kinda dl TR revised, and unzipped it, but there is no setup.exe file or any other executable file, except 4 tomb4.exe & tom2pc.exe so I tried 2 run tomb4.exe and somewhat started the game, but after I hear about couple of seconds of music on teh black screen, as if game loaded, it kicks me out and gives me an error: tomb4.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close ( i am on XP btw), anywho ama just wondering can some out gimme any pointers of what am I doin' wrong. And oh do u need to have TRLE installed in order 2 play TR revised? Cuz I was readin' put some files into a root folder, but kinda confused root folder of what TR1 or TR4? :confused:

Thanks! :)

Active Man
05-05-07, 06:43
As far as I know, TR1 Revised comes with a tomb4.exe file and with already compiled levels (in .tr4 format). You only have to start the tomb4.exe file ;) No placing in TRLE root directory was needed in the version I downloaded (from trle.net).

ashot
05-05-07, 07:43
As far as I know, TR1 Revised comes with a tomb4.exe file and with already compiled levels (in .tr4 format). You only have to start the tomb4.exe file ;) No placing in TRLE root directory was needed in the version I downloaded (from trle.net).

Hi Active!

Well yer I didnt quite put files in2 any root folder, cuz I ain't got any! :D
I just unzipped'em in2 D:\DownloadZ\TRLE and that's it, tried 2 the game, and it goes in but then kicks me out with that tomb4.exe error. Also I hear that reminiscent tomb raider 4 music... ahhhh... so many memories. :p
but i can only hear in 4 a few seconds during black screen, then it kicks me out.
Have U ever bumped in2 this kinda problem b4? :)

Btw i forgot 2 ask ya, u sed "No placing in TRLE root directory was needed in the version I downloaded" - how big was your zip/rar file?
Cuz mine was about 55 mbs, might b a lil' small?

Thnxz!

badboy70
05-05-07, 09:45
Maybe you could try running an other TRLE games and see if that works. Did also install your latest video card drivers ?

ashot
05-05-07, 10:22
Maybe you could try running an other TRLE games and see if that works. Did also install your latest video card drivers ?

Hey badboy!

Yeah I have installed'em couple of days ago! :)

Yer I dunno I guess I should try dl one of those bulky 230 MBs versions huh!

But teh strange thing is, is loads game, i hear music 4 a few seconds then it drops me back out 2 desktop, and I've an inkling i have nuff files, just 4 some apparent reason it won't budge! AHHHHHH!!! :hea:

chrimajon
05-05-07, 10:45
TR1 Revised works best installed in TRLE..also make sure the Title.tr4 file is present in the trle/data folder..

ashot
05-05-07, 11:02
TR1 Revised works best installed in TRLE..also make sure the Title.tr4 file is present in the trle/data folder..

Ey chrimajon!

I don't have TR4 or TRLE CD with me (left it @ my folks place), in other state! :)

But ppl tell me ur don't need TR4 &/or TRLE, 2 play TR revised, many say u can just dl TR revised zip/rar and it contains all the files required 2 play this game!

BTW what's Title.tr4? Is that tomb4.exe or sumthin'?

Thanx! :)

badboy70
05-05-07, 11:30
Ey chrimajon!

I don't have TR4 or TRLE CD with me (left it @ my folks place), in other state! :)

But ppl tell me ur don't need TR4 &/or TRLE, 2 play TR revised, many say u can just dl TR revised zip/rar and it contains all the files required 2 play this game!

BTW what's Title.tr4? Is that tomb4.exe or sumthin'?

Thanx! :)Title.tr4 is the background you see when uou start Tomb4.exe
Try setting your compability (sp?) mode to Windows 2000 or Windows 98
:)

ace_85
05-05-07, 11:42
Additionally, (though I'm not sure how relevant this is) I think TR1 Revised will only run if you have the latest patch for the tomb4.exe applied. Maybe you haven't installed it? I was having the same issues with another levelset until I downloaded the patch. I use the Level Manager though so, as I said, I'm not 100% sure whether this applies to your problem as well :)

ashot
05-05-07, 11:51
Additionally, (though I'm not sure how relevant this is) I think TR1 Revised will only run if you have the latest patch for the tomb4.exe applied. Maybe you haven't installed it? I was having the same issues with another levelset until I downloaded the patch. I use the Level Manager though so, as I said, I'm not 100% sure whether this applies to your problem as well :)

Ah k ace!

U wouldn't kno is it possible 2 dl title.tr4 anywhere?

And about those patches should I just use the latest TR4 patch?

Thanks man! :)

chrimajon
05-05-07, 12:44
You can use the title.tr4 file that's included in the original data folder of TRLE...DL my uploaded one here:

http://savefile.com/projects/808486474

Active Man
05-05-07, 13:27
Btw i forgot 2 ask ya, u sed "No placing in TRLE root directory was needed in the version I downloaded" - how big was your zip/rar file?
Cuz mine was about 55 mbs, might b a lil' small?

Thnxz!

Mine was about 119 MB big ;)

chrimajon
05-05-07, 13:40
My version is also 119mb,and requires TRLE - you can see from the author's readme,even though it's in German,that TRLE is required..and note also the separate instructions in the AUDIO folder!

ashot
05-05-07, 14:04
My version is also 119mb,and requires TRLE - you can see from the author's readme,even though it's in German,that TRLE is required..and note also the separate instructions in the AUDIO folder!

Whoo-hooooooo! :yah:

I finally got it 2 run! :D

Thanks Chrimajon, that file title.tr4 was all it needed! :p

Ur a life saver! Thanks 4 your help!

I got it runnin' yeah baby YEAHHHHHH! :jmp:

BTW your's 119 MBs, u didn't dl from trle.net did ya?

chrimajon
05-05-07, 14:13
Glad you're up and running..Enjoy!

..and yes,mine came from trle.net..

ashot
05-05-07, 14:28
Glad you're up and running..Enjoy!

..and yes,mine came from trle.net..

Ah ROFL! I dl it from there too, prob the same file, except I couldn't find it anywhere in my zip/rar file!

Nywa... 'preciate it dude!

Good on ya! :tmb:

chrimajon
05-05-07, 14:37
Mine was the same as yours! The reason the download zip doesn't contain a title file is because when the level installs in TRLE,it uses the original trle title file - all custom levels must have a title.tr4 file in order to run,but if the author doesnt make one,as in this case,the original file supplied with TRLE is used..this is why TR Revised is meant to be run via the level editor! :)

TR FAN 18
05-05-07, 16:22
Hey, I tried running TR1 Revised again today and still no luck. I downloaded the "title.tr4" file but it didn't help. I get the loading screen but then it just crashes back to Windows. :hea:
Also, I can't convert the MP3s to .wav as I get an error saying "No Codec Found." If anyone knows what this Codec is, would it be possible to send it to me?
I used the TR Level Manager to install it.

chrimajon
05-05-07, 16:33
Have you tried the latest update from the levelmanager site first?
Go here,then to 'download programs' and DL the 'revision C update'.
Make sure LM isn't running when you install the update..

http://www.trlevelmanager.it/index_eng.htm

TR FAN 18
05-05-07, 16:57
Thanks, chrimajon. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Typed this using the Wii Remote.

EDIT - Still not working.