PDA

View Full Version : What are your color settings?

ForeverMyPain
06-05-07, 11:39
I've been working on a level nearly finished...and I've noticed my monitor is a little older so it's a little darker.But I can set up the brightness,contrast and gamma for my normal display screen and a different setting for launching games.As the lighting is very important to me...I need to know what kind of setting do you have so things won't get to bright or dark.so....

what brightness,contrast and gamma settings do you have when tr custom level playing?

SSJ6Wolf
06-05-07, 14:46
Contrast = doesn't exist, as I have an LCD display
Brightness = around 1/3 or so, unless the sun is really bright, in which case I make it as bright as possible.
Gamma = I have no "gamma" setting for my monitor, but I have one for the TR Level Player. I have this set all the way down so I can see all the lighting. (turning it up makes everything look like 128-128-128 ambient lighting. Ew!)

Betal
06-05-07, 14:50
Contrast = 100
Brightness = 70
Gamma= No idea lol

tizerist
06-05-07, 16:06
i use my TV mostly, and my monitor has now been reduced to being a mere back-up, however i can use them at the same time, which is good.

TV
contrast 18%
brightness 59%

monitor
brightness 100%
contrast 50%

it works for me anyway...

ForeverMyPain
06-05-07, 16:50
thnx people...:)
I made a lvl..it's just been released...
If you want you can try it...it's rather small...but..you can tell how the lightning works for you...:)

Through the temple we go:
http://www.laraslevelbase.org/box_story.asp?Id=1751

Stranger110
06-05-07, 18:27
I played it.
I have to say it is much too dark. And not because of my monitor settings (brightness 90, contrast 70)

The other members on LLB say the same, it is too dark.
A tip, you should never use shadows.
Lower the whole ambient room lighting and then set some lights but no shadows. ;)

ForeverMyPain
06-05-07, 19:01
Ok.:)
I will learn from my mistakes...
i've set up my monitor setting like yours...so i should be seeing things the same as you...:)
Well,i'll make my next level better...and longer..XD
thnx guyz...:)

stranger1992
07-05-07, 00:57
I played it.
I have to say it is much too dark. And not because of my monitor settings (brightness 90, contrast 70)

The other members on LLB say the same, it is too dark.
A tip, you should never use shadows.
Lower the whole ambient room lighting and then set some lights but no shadows. ;)

Never use shadows? Okay...now i've heard everything. Yes...do not not use shadow so it's intrusive and too dark but use it you must.

aktrekker
07-05-07, 03:51
brightness and contrast are pretty much a personal preference (or personal requirement depending on your eyesight).
Gamma adjustment will be different for every monitor.

Making your monitor settings like someone elses does not mean you will see what they see. Unless you have the same make and model.