PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Chronicle's sounds

stranger1992
07-05-07, 13:35
hi.

Can anyoen point me in the right direction of a working sound se from TRC. i mean all of lara's grunts and other sounds.

Thankyou in advance :):)

Stranger1992

dreamsoflara
07-05-07, 14:45
hi.

Can anyoen point me in the right direction of a working sound se from TRC. i mean all of lara's grunts and other sounds.

Thankyou in advance :):)

Stranger1992

Im pretty sure that teh TrC sounds are just the same as the tr4 ones,

considering that they use the same engine,

stranger1992
07-05-07, 15:03
not quite. the footsteps are heavier; her scream is differeent as well as her sounds when she climbs up on things ect :)

tweetygwee
07-05-07, 15:39
They're really easy to get off the chronicles disk if you've got it. Otherwise I don't know.

stranger1992
07-05-07, 15:41
i have got the TRC but i need the sounds; not the audio tracks. I've tried to rip them with Soundjack but it was long and hard to do...

thanks anyway.:)

stranger1992
07-05-07, 16:34
I decided to as a test extract one WAV using soundjack from Andrea.trc.

I found the 'roll' sound from trc and renamed it "rolling" as it's the same name from tr4.

i outputed and then no sound effects could be heard; just music tracks.

Fluen
12-05-07, 10:38
Working with sounds can be tricky. Titak has made a page with the sound format for the sound effects. Be sure that your sound has the correct format.

If you just want to replace a sound you name your new sound the same as the one you want to replace. Then you overwrite the original sound. I recommend a backup of the original samples folder first to be certain you can restore it in case anything goes wrong.

Lara's personal sounds (grunts) from TR5 are different that the TR4 ones. But the footstep sound files are the same. So if they sound different in TR5 it must be caused by the information in the sounds.txt where you can adjust pitch, volume and sound range.

This leads to a question of my own: does anyone know a way to rip the sounds.txt off a level like it can be done with scripts? I would really like to see the TR5 sound data.