PDA

View Full Version : Collision on pushables.

stranger1992
10-05-07, 06:28
Hi; i've made an object and it is the right shape; size and orientations blah blah b blah lol. But it does not push/pull when I added collision to i inWADmerger's animation suite.

Here's some screens:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/stranger1992/wadmergecoll.jpg

This is the collision on the object. Yes it looks ugly but whats the point of texturng something which is causinng me problems. I will texture as soon as i sort this problem out :)

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/stranger1992/bookingame.jpg And yes; this is tut1 for now. It's not going there in the level; in fact; it's not even going to be egyptian themed ;)

Can you help?

Active Man
10-05-07, 06:37
This problem might be related to TREPs Pushable collision patch. Try turning it off to see if it changes something in-game ;)
Oh, BTW, is your object in the PUSHABLE_OBJECT x slot?
It HAS TO BE :D

stranger1992
10-05-07, 06:42
This problem might be related to TREPs Pushable collision patch. Try turning it off to see if it changes something in-game ;)
Oh, BTW, is your object in the PUSHABLE_OBJECT x slot?
It HAS TO BE :D

oh yeah; and it's pushable_object 5 ;)

stranger1992
10-05-07, 06:46
sorry; nothing. I tried the patch on becuase it was actually off. I put 1024 in the OCB to make a 4 block pushable but the collision was wrong and it would'nt push anyway

Active Man
10-05-07, 07:17
Very strange :confused:
In the picture you posted the collision looks adjusted fine.
I have no idea what is causing this problem, sorry :(

aktrekker
10-05-07, 07:17
I would try it with an unpatched tomb4 first.

pedro
10-05-07, 07:23
Well if this tut.1 screen is your only trie, it's quit simple as in this set up there is no space for Lara to push or pull :D Try putting the pushable somewhere on the ground were there is more space ;)

edit:If she does take the push/pull start position and then stops, this will be the case!

Titak
10-05-07, 12:08
I always use Fexanim to adjust collision on animating objects. ;)
You first need to convert your .tom file into a playable .tr4, then you can open it in FexAnim.
After the collison has been set you can use TRUpdate to transfer the new collision data to the wad again. ;)

I've adjusted the collision of some of my own custom pushables and it works.
But... I once wanted to create an object a block wide and half a block thin. Lara wouldn't push or pull the block on the thin side.
No idea why that didn't work... :confused:

stranger1992
10-05-07, 14:58
i've never used them 2 programs before so i am very unclear on what to do i'm afraid. COuld you explain to me?

thanksyou :)

BTW; this object and more to come will be going in my tenderfoot level and will be avaliable to others on the project

pedro
10-05-07, 18:32
Is it working now then? otherwise it will be of no use this way in the tenderfoot levels:confused:

stranger1992
10-05-07, 18:44
Is it working now then? otherwise it will be of no use this way in the tenderfoot levels:confused:

i've made this into a static now; here's a screen of the finalbookcase and some books i've made. They final ones are the darker ones but shout if you like them and i'll keep them

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/stranger1992/book.jpg

enjoy ;)

They are tenderfoot ready lol

I want your honest opnion on them :);)

pedro
10-05-07, 19:03
It are the strangest bookcases I ever seen!:) They resemble more to chinese puzzles to me ;)
Don't know about their usability in a level. But as I know how difficult object building is ( I am struggling too!), I think it's a very good attempt to understand META. Keep or use them so once you can look back with a smile ;)

stranger1992
10-05-07, 19:05
ha ha ha thankyou...i will. but i guess they are my first. What do oyu think to the books on the floor (in my opinion; they are much better ;))

thankyou.

oh; and i'm not struggling; just practicing ;)

pedro
10-05-07, 19:35
The books look much better! You may be practicing, but I am still struggling:D
By the way, good luck with level to be ( The others too!) .Hope to see some screen shots soon!