PDA

View Full Version : Trigger timer

talion
10-05-07, 18:32
Hi,
I was just wondering how this 'timer' value on the trigger options window works, because the other day I was messing around with a spike trap where I was trying to get the spikes to go off 5 seconds after lara stepped on them. All the values I entered either made the spikes trigger immediately or not at all. The only value I could get to work was 500, which still made the spikes trigger way too late. I know this is a newbie question, but i cannot seem to find an answer anywhere :) Thankyou!

stranger1992
10-05-07, 19:08
Hi,
I was just wondering how this 'timer' value on the trigger options window works, because the other day I was messing around with a spike trap where I was trying to get the spikes to go off 5 seconds after lara stepped on them. All the values I entered either made the spikes trigger immediately or not at all. The only value I could get to work was 500, which still made the spikes trigger way too late. I know this is a newbie question, but i cannot seem to find an answer anywhere :) Thankyou!

as far as i know; the timer value works for doors. it is in seconds; so if oyu want a door to open after 30 seconds; put 30 in the timer box and press enter.

QRS
10-05-07, 19:14
How long did it take for the spikes to trigger when you used 500 in the ocb? Sounds interesting. I have tried maybe 20 different numbers and I came to the conclusion that it doesn't work with spikes. You can however, use the rolling ball trick to set the spikes to be delayed. It might takes some trial and error though.

talion
10-05-07, 19:27
i counted how many seconds and the spikes started triggering after 7 seconds, which is ok but way too long since lara is long gone by this time. Thanks for the tip, i'll try that out :)

thankyou also stranger for the help ;)

PS when i went to play my level and find the amount of seconds, I found that 450 works too, but im not sure how long. Id guess about 15-20 secs, since the game pauses when i change windows :)

QRS
10-05-07, 20:49
Thanks for the info! It might come in handy when you want the spike to trigger later etc!

aktrekker
11-05-07, 08:43
It's about 30 per second for the timer.

Uvavoo
11-05-07, 11:40
I thought it was a minus number for a delay before triggering.
Try -4 for example.

talion
11-05-07, 15:21
Thanks Uvavoo, it works perfectly :)

Titak
11-05-07, 16:49
Welcome to this forum, talion! :tmb: