PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of starting using the official!!!!

mobian.fox
10-05-07, 21:58
Hi,
Since the beginning of my Tomb Raider Editing "career" I have been using Dxtre3d. The games I've played using that editor are, in my opinion, no comparison to TRLE (winroomeditor). So I am thinking of changing and therefore need someone's help to tell me where I can find a manual-like thing for this LE. I would very much apretiate someone to help me out so that I can too level-build at the same rate as the other builders.

Thanks in advance

Titak
10-05-07, 22:28
The LE comes with a manual which has a tutorial which leads you through the basics of Winroomedit step by step. ;)

Uvavoo has also started a tutorial for the beginner (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=78913).
It is not finished yet, but some of the basics are already in there. :D

Uvavoo
11-05-07, 11:49
There is absolutely no reason why levels created with Dxtre3d cannot be as stunning as levels created with TRLE. There are no limitations in Dxtre3d over the LE, in fact there are more features, such as diagonal walls for example, and it has had the facility to use hi res textures up to 256x256 for a while.
Having said that there is no reason why you shouldn't also learn the official LE. (I recommend Paolones improved NGLE version though).

mobian.fox
11-05-07, 22:34
LE. (I recommend Paolones improved NGLE version though).

Will this new version of LE get rid of the bug that make the room spin round and round non-end???

IceDragon
12-05-07, 04:46
Will this new version of LE get rid of the bug that make the room spin round and round non-end???

NGLE provides a fix for this. Holding down shift makes the camera move more slowly.

Izzie404
12-05-07, 05:23
Why do people seem to find that bug so infuriating? I haven't been that bothered by it...

Kamrusepas
12-05-07, 05:32
Why do people seem to find that bug so infuriating? I haven't been that bothered by it...

I thought I was the only one who simply learned to live with it.

QRS
12-05-07, 05:57

Because it is very different from one pc to another one. I have 5 machines and on my main tr machine (hehe) I have never had any problems. It is a p4 1.4 ghz. On one of my faster machines the room spins so it is not possible to build. On my fastest though, it is no problem....so it all comes down to if you are "lucky" or not hehe.

mobian.fox
12-05-07, 10:52

Because that bug is very annoying, I already suck at building Lara Croft games, imagine with the room spinning non-stop!!!

Betal
12-05-07, 10:55
If you click on the white around the room while rotating the room won't spin like that.

Fluen
12-05-07, 11:35
And for some of us the spinning always lead to the editor chrashing. Now that's annoying.

Betal
12-05-07, 11:39
And for some of us the spinning always lead to the editor chrashing. Now that's annoying.

Oh please.....:rolleyes:

I remember when I built a level in like 12 hours. I was out with my friends sometimes between that time. I never saved I let the roomeditor be on all the time. Then on the evning I wanted to build more. I wanted to rotade the room so that I could texture the ceiling. So it started to spin as hell. Then it crashed. I opened the roomeditor again and tadaa. The level was gone.:hea: