PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 Problems

nicola1986
11-05-07, 11:39
Hey guys, we just bought our 360 last week and last night my boyfriend phoned me and told me we had the red rings flashing and it wasn't working properly so he restarted it and the Rings of Death had gone back to green but the TV screen was pitch black, there is still sound in the background but no picture.

I'd assumed it was the AV cable not in properly so I told him to take out the cables and put them back and make sure it's in properly and he's tried it on another TV but still no better.

We're going to phone Microsoft tomorrow but I thought I'd see if anyone else has had similar problems first because it just seems ridiculous that it has broken already after one week, we don't play it for a long period and it's well ventilated so I can't believe it's happened already, what a piece of junk :(

I was scared these things might happen if I bought an XBOX but didn't expect it this soon.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide :)

Tomb-Raider
11-05-07, 12:49
I had the same problems.
I tried called microsoft but they just waisted my time,
go to the place you bought it from, and replace it for free.

Make sure EVERYTHING it came with is in the box when it is replaces.
Even 1 missing booklet, they wont let you replace it. Well. Okay. :)

interstellardave
11-05-07, 17:34
Yeah take it back to the store they should certainly be able to give you another... it's good it happened so fast, in a way! The 360 is well worth having though, but it is a shame that it has had more than it's share of faulty units.

Noodleboy
11-05-07, 18:18
I called the Microsoft center. They told me the xbox could be picked up the exact same day that we phoned them. It was send to the Xbox repair center in Germany. I got it back in less than 2 weeks.

nicola1986
11-05-07, 19:57
Unfortunatley we bought it from Argos who don't do returns on consoles and games etc. I thought we'd be okay with just the Microsoft guarantee (stupid I know lol) but I didn't expect probs this soon.

Have you guys had problems with the XBOXs you got back? Even if I have problems again I'm gonna have to keep sending it back because I can't get a refund.

Gonna phone tomorrow and see what they say, hopefully the next one will work better :(

Was really looking forward to playing it, there are some good games for 360 :)

Betal
11-05-07, 20:02
Where you buyed it doesn't matter. Just call Microsoft.

but I didn't expect probs this soon.

Most of the problems with xbox360 shows up when the xbox360 is pretty new. (When you haven't played on it much)

interstellardave
11-05-07, 21:45
Unfortunatley we bought it from Argos who don't do returns on consoles and games etc. I thought we'd be okay with just the Microsoft guarantee (stupid I know lol) but I didn't expect probs this soon.

Have you guys had problems with the XBOXs you got back? Even if I have problems again I'm gonna have to keep sending it back because I can't get a refund.

Gonna phone tomorrow and see what they say, hopefully the next one will work better :(

Was really looking forward to playing it, there are some good games for 360 :)

I had a problem with my first 360 and the new one they sent my has been working flawlessly through some pretty heavy gaming. I couldn't have had a better experience dealing with them either... called them up, they told me what to do, I shipped mine off and I literally got a replacement in 1 week I think it was. I was shocked how fast I was "back in the game"!

Noodleboy
12-05-07, 09:08
2 of my xboxes broke down.. The first one got the three rings of doom. The 2nd one just didn't read any of my games or DVDs anymore.. I think the eye in the drive just wasn't working properly anymore. I'm watching a concert on my 3rd xbox already at this moment. How time flies :D

kryptonite23
13-05-07, 10:39
Somebody told me about the stats of it and both of us dont like it.:(