PDA

View Full Version : Lara's Wall Run Move

LostRaider
11-05-07, 19:51
Did anyone else say? IS LARA PRINCE OF PERSIA'S GREAT,GREAT,GREAT,GREAT,GREAT,GREAT,GRATE,GREAT,GR EAT,GREAT,GREAT,GREAT,CRATE,GREAT,GREAT,GREAT,GREA T,GREAT grand daughter? I sure did

Tomb Raider Master
11-05-07, 19:58
Comparison to POP crossed my head already in Legend. It was the same with Anniversary, especially with that wall run move.

krycekuva
11-05-07, 20:01
i was already long discussed,.. but, as a matter of fact you may think that prince of persia is the GREAT,GREAT,GREAT,GREAT,GREAT; GREAT; GREAT; GREAT; GREAT,.................. GREAT grand father of NEO from the matrix,... some how neo is the one who started walking on the wall,... not to mention morfeo who teach him,.. but once again.... we see ourselves in front of a nice add,.... why wont we accept the movement if its nice,.. its something else lara can do... she was intended to have a rope in tr1, and in the movie she actually performs that movement,... why not now...?

seth777
11-05-07, 22:02
If well implemented, i guess the new movement can be a good thing... I mean, everyone with a grapple and the skills of miss croft would do that... i guess...

]{eith
11-05-07, 22:08
It certainly looks cool. If we are given enough control over it and it proves to be something that's challenging yet not frustrating, it'll be a lovely addition.

Official Croft
11-05-07, 22:27
Lara better though:jmp: :yah: :hug: !!!!!!!!!

YvesSL
11-05-07, 22:57
I don't really care, it's not like she's doing it without any tools, she's using the grapple.. I think it's really cool. Who cares if it's inspired from POP, game developers do it all the time.

aussie500
11-05-07, 23:00
Lara is using a grapple that is firmly fixed to the wall, so why with today's game technology would she not be able to do a wall run? A real person in that situation could do it, so I think it is a great addition to Lara's moves and absolutely nothing to do with the unrealistic move from the Prince of Persia games

RachaelH
11-05-07, 23:22
Lara is using a grapple that is firmly fixed to the wall, so why with today's game technology would she not be able to do a wall run? A real person in that situation could do it, so I think it is a great addition to Lara's moves and absolutely nothing to do with the unrealistic move from the Prince of Persia games

It's a nice twist her using the grapple to make it more feasible for the TR series

dragoness_crysta
11-05-07, 23:26
Prince of Persia has many similariteis with Tomb Raider...thats why I like both...
But hen i saw that wall run move in Anniversary I said, hoh they copied a move from POP...that is not very good but since its part of the gamplay and it makes it good it is allright....

mister_croft
11-05-07, 23:57
Funny, this wallrun thing has been discussed before and it had so much coplaining, i guess that with all the media and all the features that Anniversary presents now people are less annoying. Thank God, i love wall running though, POP stole a lot of stuff from tomb raider in the first place didnt it?

AnthonyShock1515
12-05-07, 00:13
The wall run is actually a very realistic move. POP uses his powers to defy gravity. Lara uses a rope.

Using a rope to run laterally across a wall is an actual climbing technique used by professionals.

And Lara is cool

POP is a dork

RachaelH
12-05-07, 00:14
The wall run is actually a very realistic move. POP uses his powers to defy gravity. Lara uses a rope.

Using a rope to run laterally across a wall is an actual climbing technique used by professionals.

Will have to try it! (allthough I have trouble walking down steep slopes let alone doing that hehe)

LostRaider
12-05-07, 01:48
Don't get me wrong I think the Move looks PHENOMANAL! It could add alot of suspense in a interactive cutscene. The First Time she tries it and she almost falls but then again it's Lara croft so she could swing across all Tomb Raider like! that would be very cool! I wonder if she can shoot while doing it? that could be nifty in a boss fight huh?

trfan518
12-05-07, 02:25
Lara better though:jmp: :yah: :hug: !!!!!!!!!

very true...i agree with you there :tmb:

dream raider
12-05-07, 05:08
Lara Croft shouldn't be compared with Prince of Persia... I played the PoP demo and it was just terrible, it didn't remind me of Tomb Raider at all. Lara has the grapple to swing, ascend, descend now why can't she swing on walls to get to the other side? It's totally natural and it adds variety to the use of the grapple.

oocladableeblah
12-05-07, 05:31
Could the prince wallrun in the classic 2d games?

NightWish
12-05-07, 05:39
Yeah the wall run is a bit too much in the POP rip-off direction :rolleyes: