PDA

View Full Version : Monster/Animal enemies vs Human enemies

RachaelH
12-05-07, 00:13
What do you prefere?

I like the Monster/Animal encounters - makes you feel like your in an area that not many have explored before!

"Due to the amount of animal and monster enemies we´re getting in Anniversary; I´d like you to discuss which kind of enemy you prefer.

Do you prefer fighting the T-Rex or a human like Pierre or larson?" - Yuna's Wish Topic Contributor :)

Yuna´s Wish
12-05-07, 00:15
Animals and Mosters, obviously. They add atmosphere, isolation, danger and, probably, fear :)
I don´t know if this is ok in the Anniversary thread...maybe yes, maybe no :p

verena xeventus
12-05-07, 00:15
My girlfriend and I both agree that the animals/monsters are the better enemy. 3 reasons for this.

1. they can't shoot back
2. they dont look like card board cut outs
3. its more authentic to the game

RachaelH
12-05-07, 00:17
Animals and Mosters, obviously. They add atmosphere, isolation, danger and, probably, fear :)
I don´t know if this is ok in the Anniversary thread...maybe yes, maybe no :p

Yea was thinking the same - put it in here due to the prominent Monster/Animal encounters that TRA will offer :)

Betal
12-05-07, 00:18
Animals and Mosters are better. Do I need to say more?:p

Fraaadrik
12-05-07, 00:19
For me it depends on the environment. If it's tombs or exotic locations I want animals/monsters, when I play urban levels I want human enemies.

Yuna´s Wish
12-05-07, 00:19
Maybe if you modify it in your original post...something like: "due to the amount of animal and monster enemies we´re getting in Anniversary :p I´d like you to discuss which kind of enemy you prefer; do you prefer fighting the T-Rex or a human like Pierre or larson?" Lol, this is not my thread, I´ll shut up! :D

AnthonyShock1515
12-05-07, 00:21
What would what you be more scared of meeting in a poorly lit cavern underground.

a)A grizzly bear
b)A dozy hillbilly

I think I's got with a) ;)

MoonSword
12-05-07, 00:25
Yay! Animals stress the feeling of isolation and contributes to the atmosphere. We must have the feeling that Lara steps into areas that have not been visited for a looooong time.

RachaelH
12-05-07, 00:25
Maybe if you modify it in your original post...something like: "due to the amount of animal and monster enemies we´re getting in Anniversary :p I´d like you to discuss which kind of enemy you prefer; do you prefer fighting the T-Rex or a human like Pierre or larson?" Lol, this is not my thread, I´ll shut up! :D

Topic updated :D

Yuna´s Wish
12-05-07, 00:26
- Yuna's Wish Topic Contributor :)

:vlol: I liked that!

Ward Dragon
12-05-07, 00:27
Animals and monsters :jmp: I hate human enemies. Human enemies get boring and tedious. Too many animals would, too, but at least with animals there are many different types with different attack styles (wolves vs. bears vs. raptors etc.)

RachaelH
12-05-07, 00:29
Allthough human enemies were really fun to kill when the one-shot kill cheat was unlocked in TRL :D

JFBrittes
12-05-07, 01:07
Well I really like both of them. Especially in TR1 where each human enemy is a different character (not a bunch of mercenaries using the same uniform). So I like to fight wolves, bats, bears, dinosaurs and Natla's hunchman. :jmp:

verena xeventus
12-05-07, 01:30
Well I really like both of them. Especially in TR1 where each human enemy is a different character (not a bunch of mercenaries using the same uniform). So I like to fight wolves, bats, bears, dinosaurs and Natla's hunchman. :jmp:

well variety IS the spice of life! although i dont condone the killing of endangered species its actually fun in Tomb Raider!:D

LostRaider
12-05-07, 01:53
I don't like killing animals either, but trying to flip over them is alot harder! In Napal i TRL I flipped over a snowleopard and he swiped at me kncking me to the ground! Would have been easier to shoot him but no! I respect his right to live!

Dinos and monsters on the other hand...........I think I'll go with one pistol and one uzi just to mix things up! What do you think Lara?

ben croft
12-05-07, 01:58
Animals and monster for TR games. :tmb: Enough said.

:wve:

Ward Dragon
12-05-07, 02:43

Well, yeah. That's different :D A few human bosses is fine. I just don't like wave after wave of human enemies like in TR2 or Legend.