PDA

View Full Version : Lara as static object ?

badboy70
12-05-07, 19:43
Where can I download Lara as a static object ? I'd like to make a cutscene, but I can't find lara as a static object. If you tell me to make a new animation and then trigger it, I don't know how to trigger it :p So i need it as a static object XD

Izzie404
12-05-07, 19:47
I think you would need it as an animating object, because static objects just stay that....static...[immobile]...

badboy70
12-05-07, 19:49
I think you would need it as an animating object, because static objects just stay that....static...[immobile]...
Or as that :p Or if someone could tell me how to trigger an animation it would be much easier :p

kill bill
12-05-07, 19:51
You will need a TR2 or TR3 Lara. (From game not fan made one)

Move her into animation slot. TADA BTW she dosent have any hair either.
Its called Laras true apparcance the skin is.:)

badboy70
12-05-07, 19:55
You will need a TR2 or TR3 Lara. (From game not fan made one)

Move her into animation slot. TADA BTW she dosent have any hair either.
Its called Laras true apparcance the skin is.:)
Do i have to overwrite the original lara ? because if i do that, I still won't be able to trigger an animition :p

kill bill
12-05-07, 20:18
No:) you put her in animation slot. Next you trigger off a flyby or whatever once Lara isn't seen (Real one) So when she steps on trigger of flyby,trigger the animation slot Lara:)

badboy70
12-05-07, 20:25
No:) you put her in animation slot. Next you trigger off a flyby or whatever once Lara isn't seen (Real one) So when she steps on trigger of flyby,trigger the animation slot Lara:)I try to put lara in the animation slot, but the animation slot disappears, or lara isn't in the slot but the original is in the slot :confused:

SSJ6Wolf
12-05-07, 22:30
Make sure it's the Lara_skin object, that has lara's meshes (unless you're copying her from a TR1 or TR2 data file, the LARA object has the meshes). On that note, if you're using a Lara that uses skin joints, you cannot have those in the animating slot, so she will have holes instead of joints. Either edit the meshes to cover the joints, or put in a different Lara that does NOT use skin joints.

On the contrary Kill Bill, you CAN use fan made Laras in the animating slot; as long as that Lara does not use skin joints (which I guess is rare for custom outfits) it is fine. But you are right in that TR2 and TR3 Laras will work, and TR1 Lara should work as well.

Oh yeah, the ponytail is not going to be on that Lara either.

badboy70
13-05-07, 12:42
Make sure it's the Lara_skin object, that has lara's meshes (unless you're copying her from a TR1 or TR2 data file, the LARA object has the meshes). On that note, if you're using a Lara that uses skin joints, you cannot have those in the animating slot, so she will have holes instead of joints. Either edit the meshes to cover the joints, or put in a different Lara that does NOT use skin joints.

On the contrary Kill Bill, you CAN use fan made Laras in the animating slot; as long as that Lara does not use skin joints (which I guess is rare for custom outfits) it is fine. But you are right in that TR2 and TR3 Laras will work, and TR1 Lara should work as well.

Oh yeah, the ponytail is not going to be on that Lara either.
Do you know how i can trigger an animation in NGLE ?

SSJ6Wolf
13-05-07, 13:45
I don't use NGLE, but I don't see how that is possible unless you're using the flipeffect editor in TREP. Either you must move LARA to an animating slot (then you just trigger the animating object and it starts animation 0) or make a seperate level just for the cutscene (Lara starts at animation 11, so start your cutscene animating there.)

badboy70
13-05-07, 13:46
I don't use NGLE, but I don't see how that is possible unless you're using the flipeffect editor in TREP. Either you must move LARA to an animating slot (then you just trigger the animating object and it starts animation 0) or make a seperate level just for the cutscene (Lara starts at animation 11, so start your cutscene animating there.)Ah, thanks. Will try :)