PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to volunteer cleaning up my level?

Chocolate
12-05-07, 20:38
Alright, I managed to finally finish my Home Sweet Home TR3 Edition level! :jmp: After hours of cleaning up bugs and putting in triggers, cameras etc, the level is finally playable.

Though it is playable, it's a bit...well, untidy. :-/ I don't mean there's lots of funky textures or too many objects, but rather the level is too easy/hard in some cases. For example, the tribesmen at the beginning of the level don't seem to attack whilst Lara is in the Gun Cupboard room. And it takes lots of Pistol shots to kill them. Those kind of things I need help with...

Also I have not yet added in a Finish Trigger. Because it's not really finished. :p I have put together some screenshots and even made a video to show the level in speedrun though.

Anyway, whoever volunteers will have to probably constantly send and recieve PMs for me to tell them what's wrong with the level, but first they have to wait for me to put all the files in an organized ZIP folder.

Why can't I clean the level myself, you ask? I'm not experienced with Level Editing and I'm a bit lazy with LE. Also I don't really have a lot of time for level editing or learning. Eventually I will learn everything, but not now because I'm busy with things...generally school stuff and study. This will be my first level to be released on the internet and I don't want to only ruin the level with more bugs whilst trying to experiment. I know LE is all about experimenting but I've seriously got a backache from tidying the current bugs from this level. x_x Obviously with a more experienced LE programmer the job can be done much quicker.

Oh yeah, I'm using the Official Level Editor released by Eidos.

Thanks in advanced.

Izzie404
12-05-07, 21:14
And it takes lots of Pistol shots to kill them.

That can be changed using TREP. You can change the HP [health] for all enemies.

And are you basing this level off of this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=87947)?

LaraCablara
12-05-07, 21:18
I'm honestly not a good LE programmer, so I cant really help you with the bugs, but if you would like I could help fix any texturing issues of yours (you know, in case you might have left something untextured or if something needs rotating/mirroring), and help adjust things so there aren't any squashed or stretched textures.

Chocolate
12-05-07, 21:26
That can be changed using TREP. You can change the HP [health] for all enemies.
The only thing that confuses me is that sometimes it takes one shot to kill a Trex, and sometimes it takes 30...but I haven't tried TREP yet, so I'll check it out.

And are you basing this level off of this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=87947)?
Yes! :jmp: It's the only reason I started [well...resumed] level building. The only thing is that Lara's wearing different clothing, the strategy is slightly different and it's not set at night, but rather in the early morning. The tribesman at the target shooting area is still there though. :D

I'm honestly not a good LE programmer, so I cant really help you with the bugs, but if you would like I could help fix any texturing issues of yours (you know, in case you might have left something untextured or if something needs rotating/mirroring), and help adjust things so there aren't any squashed or stretched textures.
The help is much appreciated. But since I'm using a pre-made mansion, the texture's all fine. But should I need help for textures in future, I'll be sure to call you for help. :)

LaraCablara
12-05-07, 21:28
Ah, alright :) Good luck with your mansion! I look forward to playing it.

ajrich17901
13-05-07, 04:00
chocolate do u have an estimate when we'll be able to play it i cant wait lol

Chocolate
13-05-07, 10:43
Hopefully somewhere this week. Well, since nobody's volunteering I guess I'll just have to learn how to fix the level the long way. :) Actually I've fixed everything but the door opening. I'll need some people to test the level out before playing, and if you spot any bugs or such then just report them back and I'll try clean them up.

LaraCablara
13-05-07, 13:51
Ill be happy to test the level out if your still looking for people :) I remember when I saw your fake Tomb Raider 3 night time mansion thread in the Tomb Raider III section (it was the first one in the series that I saw), I thought it was real!

Chocolate
13-05-07, 13:59
Sure! I've fixed most bugs so I'm not looking for expert bug fixers anymore, but instead anyone can try download the level and test it out if they wish. :D

I'm putting together two zip files: One for those who want to edit the level to fix the bugs, and one for normal players who just want to play the level. Give me a PM telling me which you want to download [the normal player one is easier to extract and less hassle], and I'll give it to you. ;)