PDA

View Full Version : Next Generation Patch.

jeffrey van oort
13-05-07, 03:10
I have read somewhere on the forum that Anniversary will not have a next generation function implanted.
This would be very sad as in Legend Lara looked really good.

http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/17037/2000817519699519215_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000817519699519215)

http://aycu08.webshots.com/image/16927/2000804605530089458_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000804605530089458)

http://aycu07.webshots.com/image/17286/2000868399553212976_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000868399553212976)

Will CD release a patch or something which will make the next generation option possible?
I really hope the next generation content comes back.
I have played Legend again but this time with Next Generation graphics.
When I played it, the experience greatly improved!!!
It was like I was playing a complete different game.
Will CD please make some sort of something to include the next gen again. And when not done in Anniversary, please do so in TombRaider 8.

Sir Croft
13-05-07, 03:24
I don't think they'll release a next-gen patch, it would take much time to make and the patch would be too big.

Legends
13-05-07, 03:25
I understand your frustration, but sadly I don’t think there’s going to be any Next Gen patch for Anniversary. I do agree with you though, playing Legend with Next Gen is like playing a whole other game. The graphics in Anniversary are much better than the Current Gen graphics in Legend, so Next Gen or not, Anniversary is looking very, very good anyway.

jeffrey van oort
13-05-07, 03:26
What about an extra adition to the collectors version then?
Come on CD :)
You got fans now :D don't leave us :o

Shark_Blade
13-05-07, 03:44
They're already in development of tr8, so I don't think we'll get next-gen of AE.

Cochrane
13-05-07, 06:41
A next-gen patch would require completely new textures for absolutely everything, and require several gigabytes. I am quite certain that this wouldn't happen.

Fraaadrik
13-05-07, 08:10
I want a next-generation patch if they decide to release the game for the 360/PS3. Then again, I dont think they will do that. I rather want them to focus on TR8 after releasing TRA and just thinking about how huge that patch would be makes my harddrive cry.

aussie500
13-05-07, 08:15
No a patch is not capable of changing all the textures in the game, and most people would already know Tomb Raider 8 is a next gen game :rolleyes:

moodydog
13-05-07, 08:24
I know what you mean... and yes,the idea is to make a remake which looks faaar better than the original, and next gen anniversary would of pushed it that little bit further. It also would have made it into the ninties istead of 8/10 because most magazine complaints are about sloppy textures. :D

who would seriously mind if they delayed TRA a few months to add this feature and bring it to ps3? Even if people say they might as well wait for tomb raider 8, the idea is (eplained above) is they are trying to make a game which beats the original and i think next gen is a powerfool extra which might push it further!

jeffrey van oort
13-05-07, 11:34
I know what you mean... and yes,the idea is to make a remake which looks faaar better than the original, and next gen anniversary would of pushed it that little bit further. It also would have made it into the ninties istead of 8/10 because most magazine complaints are about sloppy textures. :D

who would seriously mind if they delayed TRA a few months to add this feature and bring it to ps3? Even if people say they might as well wait for tomb raider 8, the idea is (eplained above) is they are trying to make a game which beats the original and i think next gen is a powerfool extra which might push it further!

I would like to buy a game with excellent quality.
I don't care about the gameplay, I care about how it looks.
The experience you get it TombRaider is mostly caused by it's surroundings and it's sightseeing.
It would be a shame if CD decided not to make a NG version.
After all, when done in a previous game, there is no need to go back to something worse..

cal6n
13-05-07, 12:38
*snip*
*snip*

I presume you loved legend, then. Don't worry because legend's sequel will almost certainly be your kind of game as well.

MakrakaNti
13-05-07, 12:46
I would like to buy a game with excellent quality.
The experience you get it TombRaider is mostly caused by it's surroundings and it's sightseeing.
It would be a shame if CD decided not to make a NG version.
After all, when done in a previous game, there is no need to go back to something worse..

You're not serious right?????????????!!

jeffrey van oort
13-05-07, 17:58
You're not serious right?????????????!!

I am.... Very serious
I hope TR8 will be next gen too:D
I just love it !!:hug:

vivimi
13-05-07, 18:23
Jeffrey.... The world needs people like you! You're very right... :D :yah:

Shark_Blade
13-05-07, 18:55
It's not all about looks you know. Paris Hilton may have the look but does she play well? No. :whi:

jeffrey van oort
14-05-07, 16:47
Jeffrey.... The world needs people like you! You're very right... :D :yah:

I am glad that you now think that there might be a point in starting this thread.
I really hope some of the bosses are going to see this too :D

rewak
14-05-07, 18:19
A next gen patch would be cool, but have you any idea how big it would be?

jeffrey van oort
14-05-07, 23:02
Yes it would be big, but also well worth patching :D
Agreed? :D

JANKERSON
14-05-07, 23:03
A next gen patch would be cool, but have you any idea how big it would be?

About 10+ GB I am guessing....

rewak
14-05-07, 23:06
Maybe not THAT much, but roughly 1-2GB at least.

JANKERSON
14-05-07, 23:09
Maybe not THAT much, but roughly 1-2GB at least.

Well they would have to have all new NG textures....

Legend is about 8 GB total.....

TRA takes 4 GB now... Add 10 GB to NG textures for a total of 14 GB.....

gtkilla
14-05-07, 23:10
Well they would have to have all new NG textures....

Legend is about 8 GB total.....

TRA takes 4 GB now... Add 10 GB to NG textures for a total of 14 GB.....

Yah, that's because Legend includes both last-gen and next-gen textures.

rewak
14-05-07, 23:11
Thats all unpacked though ;) Legend current and next gen textures were all on 1 DVD, packed up

JANKERSON
14-05-07, 23:15
Yah, that's because Legend includes both last-gen and next-gen textures.

Remember that TRA will be what 4 times as big as Legend..... ;)

gtkilla
14-05-07, 23:18
Remember that TRA will be what 4 times as big as Legend..... ;)

Yeah, but most of the levels are recycling already made textures.

JANKERSON
14-05-07, 23:19
Yeah, but most of the levels are recycling already made textures.

That's why I stated only 14 GB total....

You will see what I mean when TR8 comes out I bet..... 2 Dual Layer DVDs I bet....

gtkilla
14-05-07, 23:21
That's why I stated only 14 GB total....

What? You're not making sense. :confused:

There won't be 10GBs worth of data because most of the levels are reusing existing textures, that's what I'm trying to say.

JANKERSON
14-05-07, 23:23
What? You're not making sense. :confused:

Wait and see what TR8 is like..... I am betting it will be freaking HUGE....

jeffrey van oort
14-05-07, 23:42
Wait and see what TR8 is like..... I am betting it will be freaking HUGE....

It won't be that huge.. I think.
TR8 is stated by eidos like if you were to play a movie.
Personally, I don't believe that because this has been said before by other developpers.
Ah well.. let's wait and see. But I definatly think that there should be a next gen patch.
Especially because of the shadows..
In Bolivia you see a bird's shadow flying by on the wall and you actually hear that bird then.
And when you are hanging to a rope, I would like to see a shadow with lara and the rope, not just lara..
It would be sloppy to do it any other way.

JANKERSON
14-05-07, 23:45
It won't be that huge.. I think.
TR8 is stated by eidos like if you were to play a movie.
Personally, I don't believe that because this has been said before by other developpers.
Ah well.. let's wait and see. But I definatly think that there should be a next gen patch.
Especially because of the shadows..
In Bolivia you see a bird's shadow flying by on the wall and you actually hear that bird then.
And when you are hanging to a rope, I would like to see a shadow with lara and the rope, not just lara..
It would be sloppy to do it any other way.

I dunno personally.....

Like a Movie.... Maybe on HD-DVD. :D