PDA

View Full Version : Weather

Lara Coft Baby
13-05-07, 23:24
I do I set it up to make it rain in my level?? I cant seem to figure it out :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

katmandoo
13-05-07, 23:34
do you have tomo's weather patch?

Lara Coft Baby
13-05-07, 23:37
do you have tomo's weather patch?

Yes I do I just dont know how to set every thing up.

katmandoo
13-05-07, 23:42
ok you need to put a flipeffect 22 with either 1 for rain or 2 for snow or 3 to stop the weather in the timer field and place the flipeffect where you want it to start. Where ever you want it to rain or snow you need to make the room and outside room by pressing the "O" button that is under the 2d room thing.

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 00:04
When I did that it crashed ?? Ok go though a step by step every little thing i have to do. :confused:

katmandoo
14-05-07, 00:07
before i start, do you have the effects.bin in your trle folder?

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 00:09
yes...the only one crashing is tut level the settombs one still works but when i hit the tut level it crashes must be some thing wrong with the wad :confused: :confused:

katmandoo
14-05-07, 00:11
yea it must be the wad because if it was the effects.bin it would crash on start, and if it was the flipeffect then it would crash when you stepped on the trigger so it is either that something is wrong with the wad or lara isn't in the level

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 00:12
yea it must be the wad because if it was the effects.bin it would crash on start, and if it was the flipeffect then it would crash when you stepped on the trigger so it is either that something is wrong with the wad or lara isn't in the level

I dont know what i did i just added that stupid flipeffect and it started to crash Idky :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen:

EDIT its not the wad its the project

katmandoo
14-05-07, 00:14
hmm, that is weird, remove just the flipeffect and see if it still crashes, just incase something might have happened before you placed the flipeffect. But just incase something might have happened that I missed, go here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=1513534&postcount=5) to see the instructions, because I can't figure out what might have happened

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 00:18
I went back to the an old project of the level and it still crashed. And then I created just one room and it still crashed

:cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen: :cen:

katmandoo
14-05-07, 00:23
do you use trep?

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 00:32
do you use trep?

yes but i did that way before i used the flipmap and after i used it i tested it a few times and it worked with out crashing

katmandoo
14-05-07, 00:38
do you have extend size activated?

IMPORTANT: When using Pyuaumchs TREP be shure that you have the option "extend Tomb4 exe size" and "remap particle" buffer switched to ON. It won't work otherwise!! Use TREP version trep_v073a for that.

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 00:42
no how do i do that :confused:

katmandoo
14-05-07, 00:45
no how do i do that :confused:

http://gamersfury.selfip.com/images/stories/trep.jpg

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 00:48
still crashed

katmandoo
14-05-07, 00:51
you might want to download the weather patch again because it might have gotten messed up if you didn't have those 2 options enabled, so re download it and don't use trep this time and see if it crashes

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 00:56
It didnt work :confused:

katmandoo
14-05-07, 00:59
did you do anything to the script?

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 01:02
I did nothing, I added the weather bug and started to figure out how to get it to rain. After you told me what to do, it crashed i did nothing before or after i added the flipmap effect. That was all i did, and before I added it. It was running fine

katmandoo
14-05-07, 01:11
This is very weird, I'm still thinking though

I'm just wondering, the game only crashes when the level is loading right?

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 01:12
This is very weird, I'm still thinking though

I'm just wondering, the game only crashes when the level is loading right?

Yes, [i outputted the project to settombs and now settomb is crashing] but the other three levels i have dont

katmandoo
14-05-07, 01:16
do you have the trigger on the square where lara starts?

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 01:21
do you have the trigger on the square where lara starts?

yes but thats never been a problem before. and i dont think it is.

btw i moved lara to a square with out a trigger and it still crashed

katmandoo
14-05-07, 01:31
did you use flipmap or flipeffect?

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 02:00
flipmap?? why??

katmandoo
14-05-07, 02:04
flipeffect is what you are supposed to be using, though i tested to see if that could cause it but it didn't so switch it from flipmap to flipeffect and tell me if it fixed it

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 02:08
I removed the flipmap trigger that trigger is no where in my project so that might not be the problem but i will try it. It worth a shot :p

katmandoo
14-05-07, 02:09
Ok, hopefully it isn't serious

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 02:10
that didnt help still crashed,

katmandoo
14-05-07, 02:13
hmm i don't see how putting a flipeffect in a level would cause it to crash even after it is removed, did you make a different title screen?

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 02:26
Nope not yet

katmandoo
14-05-07, 02:27
ok, it isn't the camera that shows, did you make the wad yourself?

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 02:28
ok, it isn't the camera that shows, did you make the wad yourself?

I added things in, didnt add any thing after I started building went in after it started to crash and deleted things that i didnt use

katmandoo
14-05-07, 02:31
could you mind sending me the project file? I'm going to set up and ftp account on my server and I'll pm you the username and password if that is ok with you

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 02:33
umm yeah sure :D

katmandoo
14-05-07, 03:06
Ok First You want to select a location where you want the weather to start:

http://gamersfury.selfip.com/images/stories/fe1.jpg

So select that square

Next go to the trigger window and put this stuff in:

http://gamersfury.selfip.com/images/stories/fe2.jpg

All of that gives you a trigger for rain
If you want snow just change the 1 to a 2 in the timer field

next press ok then press the pink trigger button

and in the rooms that you want the weather to be in press the "O" button here:
http://gamersfury.selfip.com/images/stories/fe3.jpg

and that should be it

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 03:13
Ok I did all that, but none of that helps me here. My game is still crashing :cen:

katmandoo
14-05-07, 03:15
the last thing i can think of is that it is your wad that is messed up, i don't know how it could have happened but, i didn't use your wad and it worked

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 03:17
its the flip effect i tried it on a wad that is still working and it crashed

DAMN IT stupid piece of :cen: god i hate LE :mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry :p I may have to reinstall it and for get about the :cen: ing rain :hea: :hea:

katmandoo
14-05-07, 03:19
could be that somehow when you got that weather patch that it had the effects thing corrupted?

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 03:23
could be that somehow when you got that weather patch that it had the effects thing corrupted?

Maybe i dont know :confused: But I cant just deleted it now. I've already tried deleting it and its still crashing :hea: :hea:

katmandoo
14-05-07, 03:24
go check your data folder and see if it has been put there that is the last thing i can think of

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 03:25
go check your data folder and see if it has been put there

No i copied it to the main folder.....wait i was supposed to do that right?? :confused:

katmandoo
14-05-07, 03:27
you copied the tut1.tr4 to the root folder? did you delete it from the data folder as well? if you didn't than there is another problem because all the .tr4 files are supposed to be in the data folder along with title.tr4 and uklogo.pak

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 03:27
you copied the tut1.tr4 to the root folder? did you delete it from the data folder as well?

No I copied the weather patch and that other thingy that came with it

katmandoo
14-05-07, 03:30
ok, i'm confusing my self at the moment let me get everything straight

Data-title.tr4, tut1.tr4, uklogo.pak, ect.
Audio-000.wav, 001.wav, ect.
Root-Script.dat, English.dat, tomb4.exe, load.bmp, effects.bin

that is the basic things, though the audio isn't need to run a level properly

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 03:31
ok, i'm confusing my self at the moment let me get everything straight

Data-title.tr4, tut1.tr4, uklogo.pak, ect.
Audio-000.wav, 001.wav, ect.
Root-Script.dat, English.dat, tomb4.exe, load.bmp, effects.bin

that is the basic things, though the audio isn't need to run a level properly

Ummm yeah ok :confused:........................................ :p

katmandoo
14-05-07, 03:32
are the files in those locations, don't worry about the audio folder

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 03:33
ah yes they are

katmandoo
14-05-07, 03:36
hmm, this is very odd, the only thing i can tell is that the something is wrong with the tomb4.exe file itself because the files are all in the correct places, the flipeffect is correct, the wad is fine, lara is in the level, script was fine, i can't think of anything else right now, maybe someone else could figure out the problem because i've run out of ideas :(

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 06:41
any one got any ideas?? :confused:

Titak
14-05-07, 07:44
Okay, I just scrolled through this thread very fast (I'm at work) so I don't know every ins and outs...

One thing that is also important to making the weather work is to have the effects.bin file in your TRLE main folder. ;)

katmandoo
14-05-07, 11:21
he said that the effects.bin was in the folder and i even tested it on my computer to see what would happen but if effects.bin isn't there then the game crashes at startup, not at the beginning of the level, unless it only does it on my computer :confused:

Active Man
14-05-07, 11:30
What operating system are you on?
Tomos weather patcher does not work on Windows 98 ;)

Titak
14-05-07, 15:46
What operating system are you on?
Tomos weather patcher does not work on Windows 98 ;)
Thats good to know, since I was planning to release two versions of the tomb4.exe: patched for XP and patched for non-XP systems.
I guess I can leave the non-XP one out then. :D

Lara Coft Baby
14-05-07, 17:37
he said that the effects.bin was in the folder and i even tested it on my computer to see what would happen but if effects.bin isn't there then the game crashes at startup, not at the beginning of the level, unless it only does it on my computer :confused:
I'm a she :vlol:

I set the flip effect, output the wad, convert it, open the game. Select new game, select lvl 1 and it crashes towards the end of the load bar.

katmandoo
14-05-07, 18:32
I'm a she :vlol:

I set the flip effect, output the wad, convert it, open the game. Select new game, select lvl 1 and it crashes towards the end of the load bar.

Oh I'm sorry :o It was too early in the morning and I wasn't thinking straight...

But anyway the effects.bin may be corrupted in someway