PDA

View Full Version : Installing downloaded TRLE level?

Jin Uzuki
14-05-07, 02:09
I have DO NOT have a single TR game installed on my PC. Never play games here except for this one time. So how do I install a downloaded TRLE level?

The zip file I downloaded contains:

audio folder
wads folder
sound folder
SCRIPT file
ENGLISH file
and text files (none of which tells me how to install)

A little help please. :o

Izzie404
14-05-07, 02:15
I believe that you can use TR Level Manager (http://www.trlevelmanager.it/download_eng.htm)

When you run it, just click on the word "Levels" on the menu bar at the top, then click: "Search custom levels in ZIP files on your PC", then tell it what folder to look for the ZIP file, then type in part of the name in the box that says: "Search files with names containing: ", then when it shows up in the box below that, click on it, then click "Add this level", then, on the next screen, you can name how the level appears in the Level Manager program, then you can click "Done" and then click the "Play" button

Jin Uzuki
14-05-07, 02:19
I believe that you can use TR Level Manager (http://www.trlevelmanager.it/download_eng.htm)

Thanks. :tmb: I'm checking it out now. Rather looks complicated. :o

EDIT: Ah, so it's actually required that you have a Level Editor installed before installing custom levels...

Jin Uzuki
14-05-07, 02:25
When you run it, just click on the word "Levels" on the menu bar at the top, then click: "Search custom levels in ZIP files on your PC", then tell it what folder to look for the ZIP file, then type in part of the name in the box that says: "Search files with names containing: ", then when it shows up in the box below that, click on it, then click "Add this level", then, on the next screen, you can name how the level appears in the Level Manager program, then you can click "Done" and then click the "Play" button

So this is ALL I need to play custom levels even without TRLE installed?

EDIT: Everything's fine now. I can play custom levels. :tmb: Thanks for the help. :)

chrimajon
14-05-07, 14:06
And remember..not all custom levels require TRLE - many can be run straight from their own folder,after extracting from the zip file,and converting MP3's to WAV(unless that's already been done)..

Neon God,one of the best levels of the past few months,is one such level that doesn't need TRLE...and it comes highly recommended :)

Jin Uzuki
14-05-07, 14:35
And remember..not all custom levels require TRLE - many can be run straight from their own folder,after extracting from the zip file,and converting MP3's to WAV(unless that's already been done)..

Neon God,one of the best levels of the past few months,is one such level that doesn't need TRLE...and it comes highly recommended :)

And I see it has a 9.9 rating over at TRLE.net! I'll go download it. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Izzie404
14-05-07, 23:11
I'm downloading Neon God right now, but I just wanted to know...why does it have such a high rating [do you think] is it just, a good storyline? new moves? different animations? what?...

chrimajon
15-05-07, 13:14
The overall quality of this levelset is very high - the environments,the sound,atmosphere,storyline(the pursuit of a drug baron..a first for TR!),the gameplay which is challenging/difficult - not for beginners! - just read the reviews it garnered over at trle.net..all well deserved :)