PDA

View Full Version : Bloody stray cat! :(

CAISACO
16-05-07, 03:17
Ok guys, please please help me !:o

I have 2 acres of land, with a house in the middle, and behind my house is a little fenced back yard, beyond the fence is more of my yard, fenced too, and we have the cutest little man-made bunny farm, they lived in the little back yard, under our little pump-house, and we fed them bunny food. There were 4 baby bunnies, and 2 adults, the babies were just starting to get bigger and feel like they were safe and secure in their back yard, when a :cen: cat, that looks just like mine (mine is indoor cat) and it wont go away. We think its a stray (unneutered and skinny) and it wont go away, it has been in the bunny back yard for a few days now:( and we yell at it to go away, it does for a bit, then it bloody comes back! >:|

And we just feel so sorry for this baby bunny we see out at night, in our front yard in a bush, and it also goes under this brick place where it is under our concrete walk way, the hole is too small for the stupid cat to get under, and we think that one ( :( ) bunny is still alive, and its just terrified to go back to his home in the back yard. Sorry if this sounds confusing, but how do I make the stray leave for good? And it just makes me sad thinking about stray cats getting into our yard because in February our 13 year old dog passed away :( And she was a guard dog. So please, any one know what to do?????

BTW, my dad says the one wild bunny is very tame, he said the bunny wouldnt even run, and my dad almost stepped on it! (Thats how close he was) I just want to pick it up and keep it safe, but you know, that wont happen ;)

rewak
16-05-07, 03:23
Take the stray cat in! If it will let you that is, offer it food in the house, then take it off to a vet or a cat rescue place.

Roddy100
16-05-07, 03:25
Are you able to report it to an animal shelter? They usually come and collect stray animals.

Otherwise, you could try (humanely) scaring it out of entering your property. By that I mean you could have a hose ready and squirt it when you see it. Or chase after it with a broom. Usually if a cat associates a negative experience with a place, they won't return.

rewak
16-05-07, 03:29
Dont chase it unless you have to though ;) Gotta remember if this it is a stray cat, its life hasnt been easy, and the last thing it needs is water sprayed on it.

Roddy100
16-05-07, 03:32
Dont chase it unless you have to though ;) Gotta remember if this it is a stray cat, its life hasnt been easy, and the last thing it needs is water sprayed on it.

Okay, like Rewak says, perhaps only spray/chase it as a last resort.

When we bought our house there was a black and white stray cat living under it. We got it all checked out and vaccinated at the vet and then tried to find a new home for it. Problem is, we kind of fell in love with it and now, a couple of years later, I still have him and couldn't bear the thought of being without him. Funny how these things happen.

CAISACO
16-05-07, 05:09
Take the stray cat in! If it will let you that is, offer it food in the house, then take it off to a vet or a cat rescue place.

We were always finding strays and taking them in to our great vet, just a few days ago, my aunt discovered an abandoned puppy, we took him in, BUT the vet now requests a 50 US dollar donation (for a buddy fund to help animals find homes) for any stray you bring in, because the check-ups and food for it :( And my mom said she cant afford to keep doing that :( And I dont know what to do

Are you able to report it to an animal shelter? They usually come and collect stray animals.

Otherwise, you could try (humanely) scaring it out of entering your property. By that I mean you could have a hose ready and squirt it when you see it. Or chase after it with a broom. Usually if a cat associates a negative experience with a place, they won't return.

The thing is, they USUALLY put them to sleep

roddy quote::
Problem is, we kind of fell in love with it and now, a couple of years later, I still have him and couldn't bear the thought of being without him. Funny how these things happen., the thing is, we love our nature, so many trees being cut down around our property, hardly any nature. Thats why we keep feeding the bunnies bunny food, and keep feeding the birds bird seed

And the cat will just take it away from us, it is real friendly though, I feel bad for it, very bony, I should beg my mum tomorrow to take it somewhere

RichieRobson
16-05-07, 05:12
woohoo bunny wabbits :D

CAISACO
16-05-07, 19:30
woohoo bunny wabbits :D

Your mean:mad:

dreamsoflara
16-05-07, 19:34
You could get some pure lemon juice

and then sprinkle it around where the bunny is (poor little thing)

and the cat will stay away, they cannot stand the smell of citrus

:D

CAISACO
16-05-07, 20:20

:D

Yeah, I just don't even know if any of the poor bunnies are alive, I just wish the cat wouldn't kill them, so we could welcome the cat to our yard, feed him, and pet him, and let him stay, He is so bony :(

tomblover
16-05-07, 20:21

:D That would work, but I'm not sure if the wabbits' would like it.