PDA

View Full Version : "Samples" and "Audio" Folders

Izzie404
19-05-07, 21:14
Can someone please upload their Samples and Audio folders [zipped]. I am getting annoyed by some of this stuff with sounds not working. Can someone please upload them?

tweetygwee
19-05-07, 22:12
Can someone please upload their Samples and Audio folders [zipped]. I am getting annoyed by some of this stuff with sounds not working. Can someone please upload them?

That won't solve sound problems, and it's nothing to do with the audio folder either. You need to add sounds to your wad using WADMerger/ soundmanager, and then create new sfx and sam files. This is done by:

1. Going to Start> Run> cmd.
2. Typing the drive TRLE is on, pressing enter, and then entering the path to your sound/LevelSFX Creator.
3. Typing "pcwadsfx" followed by your wad name (i.e. tut1, cleopal or whatever else) followed by the letter or letters that are assigned to your WAD.

Titak has explained this more thoroughly here:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=1369047&postcount=2

Izzie404
20-05-07, 00:53
Ahh! This is making me confused! I can't figure out how to get it to work [although it did give me a reason to put my TRLE folder where I need it], I've tried running SFX_Example and pcwadsfx, but neither has helped. Only some of Lara's sounds play. I think there are only like 2 sounds that play: Putting guns away, and the feet sounds...
this thing is being evil...

tweetygwee
20-05-07, 08:55
You need to use Run (start menu) and then type cmd. In the DOS window that appears, type:

C: (or whatever drive TRLE is on.)
cd (then a space, then your pathway to the TRLE folder.)
cd TRLE\sound\LevelSFX Creator (then hit enter)
pcwadsfx <wad name> <letter(s)> (then hit enter)

You can type the whole path to the LevelSFX creator in one go, so you only need to type cd once. But it's probably easier to break it up.

Edit: Titak helped me a while ago on this. The thread is here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86986) . Although read it thoroughly, because Titak was getting confused at the start of the thread. :vlol:

Izzie404
20-05-07, 14:59
I don't understand what this whole thing is about "Letter combinations"
Titak said that her's was hm. how do you set that up, and how do I know if it has already been set?

Cochrane
20-05-07, 15:37
If I understand things correctly, you just think of a combination you like, then use that as the letter for the sounds that your level should have, and pass that to pcwadsfx as your letter. It's just a way to make clear in which levels a sound should go.

tweetygwee
20-05-07, 15:46
You can do it using sound manager. Can't find a download link, but it was made by pascal ducey (Magplus).

Titak
20-05-07, 17:49
If I understand things correctly, you just think of a combination you like, then use that as the letter for the sounds that your level should have, and pass that to pcwadsfx as your letter. It's just a way to make clear in which levels a sound should go.
Exactly, that's why I chose hm for one of my Himalayan Mysteries levels.
And I chose hy for another level, etc.

Izzie404
20-05-07, 19:10
So, do the letters do anything more than identify which you are talking about?
Oh, by the way: Now some sounds are working, but when she shoots, it doesn't sound like normal shooting, I think I might have turned on "Ricochet"..:o oops.