PDA

View Full Version : waterfall texture problem

pedro
22-05-07, 11:16
I just tried to place a waterfall object, but it lost the waterfall texture!:hea:
I red Titak's tutorial about waterfalls and understand what happend, a huge affiche texture took the first place after the sky textures, pushing on the waterfall textures. So know I have nice scrolling affiche as waterfall texture.:o
But now how do I solve this or am i in big trubbles? please help me ! :hug:

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3171/waterfalltexturela7.jpg

pedro
23-05-07, 18:34
I managed to restore my wad, but now I have the next problem:
In my levels I use the night was. by Mr Nice guy. It uses a couple of 64x64 textures, which come first in my Was texture file, pushing on the scrolling fountain textures.Now I have a star twinkling waterfall :hea:
In my other levels , I didn't use this combination with waterfalls, so this is the first time I encounter this. Does this mean I can't use this sky with waterfalls?
Please anyone?:(

Stranger110
23-05-07, 18:40
This problem is easy to solve, just put a object (nullmesh for example) in to the "Planet_Effect" -slot.

That's it. Don't ask me, why that works... :D

danzaboy
23-05-07, 21:08
LOL i had the same problem but with some high gfx textures rolling onto my egpytian theme lol.

Works like a charm :jmp:

pedro
23-05-07, 23:02
@stranger 110; Thank you, had little time to check it out, i have a social live also;) but it looks good, still have some problems, but I let you know!

@Danza boy:Every time you think you understand something, you're trown back a few paces :)

danzaboy
24-05-07, 00:18
Haha exactly what i was thinking pedro !!, i thought that after a few days or even a few weeks i would understand the editor and need no help...WRONG

lol... :jmp:

Titak
24-05-07, 07:20
Haha exactly what i was thinking pedro !!, i thought that after a few days or even a few weeks i would understand the editor and need no help...WRONG

lol... :jmp:
WRONG indeed! :D

I've been building for years now and I still need help from time to time.
Also due to the new programs being developed but also when it comes to LE itself.
It has so many features and many objects need a certain setup to work properly. So, LE sure knows how to keep people of the streets (as we say here in the Netherlands) You keep learning, experimenting and developing skills when working with LE. :D

pedro
24-05-07, 10:08
I did a remake of my wad, using the planet effect in different ways, but I still end mixed up.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4083/tigertableauen9.jpg

This is a quick set up from my tiger tableau in the "India wing"

This waterfalls still don't look right :o The one in the back seems all right. The one in front has clearly still a star twinkling! :hea:
Anyone, please!;)