PDA

View Full Version : Object limits !!

danzaboy
22-05-07, 20:58
:confused:

OMG, i never noticed i just reached the 256 limit today, is there anyway i can change this so i can make more i only have about 1/4 of my level done haha

:p

Izzie404
22-05-07, 21:28
I believe that you can change that using TREP

danzaboy
22-05-07, 22:21
EP meaning Extension Pack !! ?, if it can make me have more objects do you know where i can get the download, or update, or whatever it is haha.

:jmp:

danzaboy
22-05-07, 22:41
Woops double post (sorry :D)

Izzie404
22-05-07, 22:45
TREP => Tomb Raider Engine Patcher

You can find all the information you need about it, plus a download for it here (http://trep.croftmanor.de/)

Los Angeles
23-05-07, 11:50
EP meaning Extension Pack !! ?, if it can make me have more objects do you know where i can get the download, or update, or whatever it is haha.

:jmp:

Expansion Pack: :vlol:

danzaboy
23-05-07, 11:51
Haha, you have to have hope :jmp:

Gah... i installed it and its just making more problems lol, it says it cannot find about 10 files and that tomb4.exe is missing

QRS
23-05-07, 12:17
You can also try to split your level instead. The loading time between levels are like 2-3 seconds and you will also learn how it works if you want to build adventures with more than one level hehe. Check Uvavoo's site which explains it perfectly :)

The TREP is a fantastic tool which you probably will come back to but I suggest you get to know the basics first. You need some of that knowledge to understand the patcher better I think. Always remember to make backups though. No matter what parth you choose :):)

danzaboy
23-05-07, 17:24
One problem im getting is its saying that it cant find the patch.txt file and other various bits, how exactly should the TREP be placed in my comp, also on a side note when you make another level do you have to use the same map or can you create a new level on a different map and link them that way ?

EDIT: I got the trep and it all works fine now but even when the changes in game such as ammo figures and block changes work, the limit still says 256, i am currently at 247 does that mean i can keep going over 256 object limit ? I didnt try as it was yesterday and i was at work lol.

Active Man
24-05-07, 12:31
TREP does not change the editor settings, it changes the tomb4.exe (executable) file"s source code ;)
And yes, feel free to pass that dumb 256 object limit, everything will be fine :D

danzaboy
24-05-07, 23:28
woo, i did but haha i forgot to back up my level and when i played some custome levels... it sort of screwed it up (damn auto level programs!!)

Eh well, my new level is much better ! :D