PDA

View Full Version : Tr2Prj

Los Angeles
24-05-07, 18:58
Well, with this tool you can make the prj.'s of all .tr4's. But when I open the new .prj, the level looks very ugly and all textures are wrong. TRFix doesn't help.

Somebody know an other idea? :)

Jordan_Boi
24-05-07, 19:45
Tr2Prj can't get every single thing from a level perfect. I Tr2prjed the first level from TR3 and it was all garbled and horrible.

Los Angeles
24-05-07, 19:47
Tr2Prj can't get every single thing from a level perfect. I Tr2prjed the first level from TR3 and it was all garbled and horrible.

I know, but it's too terrible. :mad:

aktrekker
25-05-07, 08:21
Sorry, I know it's not perfect. But it should do pretty good with TR4 levels. Are there any particular levels you feel are really bad? I might be willing to take a look and possibly fix it.

QRS
25-05-07, 13:25
Sorry, I know it's not perfect. But it should do pretty good with TR4 levels. Are there any particular levels you feel are really bad? I might be willing to take a look and possibly fix it.

I have experimented alot with your tool, aktrekker and it has helped me a lot! I love it btw! The problems seems to be more when there are cave areas, not depending on from what game it comes from. Maybe it has to do with the triangles etc?

I recently tried to extract a few tr1 levels and the worst result I got from areas like "the caves" and "midas" etc. The best result was from "atlantis", "sf folly" etc. It seems that your program puts untextured walls in weird spots. Sometimes there can be like 10 walls in a room (try the sanctuary of scion level and check the large cave area under the sphinx) where there should be just cave ceiling. Also it often changes the lines from ordinary straight ones on the walls to "/" if you understand.

Also, it seems that there are big differences in how it handles flipmaps. Sometimes the original area is ok but the flipmap is a mess etc.

Those things happens in tr4 levels too. In fact tr1-tr5 levels are the same. At least for me. Btw, I'm using the 2.24 version. I think it is the lastest.

I always forget to ask if it is possible to fix things like this. I for one, would really appreciate if you could check this out! If it is too much work, don't bother though. Everything can be fixed manually with some work. Without your excellent tool, it would take forever to do things like this!!

Thanks for your hard work!

aktrekker
26-05-07, 08:21
Version 2.24 is the latest.
I had no idea there were so many problems. Nobody told me The levels I tested with came out almost perfect. I'll check out under the sphinx and the caves.

The untextured wall sections are because winroomedit does strange things with the order of textures when you raise the divider lines. If you look at one of those untextured walls and raise the divider, the texture is probably there, I just put it in the wrong spot.

Don't know why flipmaps would be any different than the normal room. Maybe because it is usually more complex like the caves. Might be the same reason TR3 levels have problems.

Well, it might be worth an update.