PDA

View Full Version : Wadmerger run-time error 9??? help the newbie

disapearing-boy
27-05-07, 19:31
Hey, I'm new with this level editor stuff (only started 2 days ago lol:D) but I found the LE kinda limiting 'cos I couldn't get the objects I wanted in the same WAD so after a bit of reading on the forums I discovered WAD merger so I downloaded just a few mins ago and I proceeded in setting it up and then I saved my settings and then once I opened it I got a 'Run-time error 9, subscript out of range' mesage and then it closes..:confused:

I really don't know what that means and whether I set it up right..

Oh and it was WADMerger 1.97 Beta 2 by Michiel on trsearch.org if that helps

theres a 1.95 Beta version aswell.. should I try that instead??

I really want certain objects to continue my first level 'cos i'm a fussy :cen:

oh and how do you take screenies??? I want to show the first 2 room I made in the showcase thread..;)

chrimajon
27-05-07, 19:39
WADmerger also needs visual basic runtime 6 - did you install that?
get it here if not:

http://www.trsearch.org/Tools.php?action=gettool&tool=21

disapearing-boy
27-05-07, 19:46
WADmerger also needs visual basic runtime 6 - did you install that?
get it here if not:

http://www.trsearch.org/Tools.php?action=gettool&tool=21

yep I did, I just forgot to mention it... wadmerger won't start up without it (i had made that mistake earlier too:p ) something to do with skins or something so I made sure it's correctly installed

*scratches head*

thanks for reply anyway

chrimajon
27-05-07, 20:04
Try uninstalling wadmerger and VB runtime,then reinstall - VB first followed by wadmerger

disapearing-boy
28-05-07, 01:21
Well I tried that just now but I think the main problem lies in the setup window when you first open WADMerger..
i've been reading the tutorial but I can't seem to do one thing it says;

"when saving objects from other TR games, the samples must be saved too. This must point to TRLE\sound\samples (where TRLE is the place where you installed the level editor)."

This is one of the red highlighted options and the tutorial says it has to be set up in order for WADMerger to work but when I browse through the files I click on TRLE but I can't select any subfolders so I can't select 'Sound' and thus I can't select 'Samples'.
This looks to be the root of the problem as the other two red ones (the TR2 and TR3 sound files) were set up exactly as the tutorial said.

chrimajon
28-05-07, 11:07
You need to double-click on TRLE in order to see the subfolders,and you should have set up the path to 'samples' before the tr2 and 3 sound files were set up..