PDA

View Full Version : I love the Demo but......

Achilleslastand
28-05-07, 01:18
Hello everyone,long time lurker first time poster here first of all i love the demo even though i will buy the PS2 version.But secondly why is securom on this demo and how do i get it off my registry?

Lost_Raider
28-05-07, 01:19
Hello everyone,long time lurker first time poster here first of all i love the demo even though i will buy the PS2 version.But secondly why is securom on this demo and how do i get it off my registry?

Crap...

Edit: Wait, where?

Second edit: Find this in the eidos forum (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=49922).

Vickkyyy
28-05-07, 01:33
welcome to the forums ! :)

but i have no idea what your talking about :S

Achilleslastand
28-05-07, 01:49
Securom is anti-piracy software made by Sony.......some people like it but many more do not........I have heard of some people having problems with it......my main gripe is it is installed without me knowing beforehand....and very diffucult to delete from your regristry....plus its on a demo,how silly.

Ward Dragon
28-05-07, 06:51
Aw crud, I hate Securom. It's given me a lot of grief on multiple games in the past. I didn't know Sony made it. One more reason to hate Sony, I guess :rolleyes: Securom was in the TRA demo? I assume that means it's in TRA, so I really hope it will work for me (the last two games that I tried to play that used Securom wouldn't work until I got special patches from their support center. When I pay that much for a game, it should work right out of the damned box...Maybe it's gotten a bit better, though, since it's been several years from when I had problems...)

chris_damon
28-05-07, 11:28
It's not as bad as Starforce, so count yourself lucky lol

na_th_an
28-05-07, 11:40
Nice to have ZoneAlarm and Norton Antivirus :D The attempt to play with my registry was detected and I kindly denied ;)

Raziel66
28-05-07, 12:01
It's not as bad as Starforce, so count yourself lucky lol

Holy words :D Starforce is a crap..it's a ****

mathew9r
28-05-07, 12:03
WHAT:yik: :yik: :yik:

IT'S A SPYWARE OR VIRUS ARRRR:mad:

HOW CAN THAY DO THIS TO EVERYBODY WHY:(

Neteru
28-05-07, 12:33
Raziel66 Do not circumvent the censor.