PDA

View Full Version : micro pc's


vectra_sri
03-04-04, 06:59
http://www.pugetsystems.com/pic_disp.php?width=130&height=130&name=/gfx/minipc/divxmini.gif

Intel Pentium4 2.4GHz 533FSB CPU
Asus DigiMatrix Motherboard
512MB DDR400 Ram
160GB Ultra ATA-100 7200 RPM 8MB QUIET Hard Drive
Norton Antivirus 2004 Software
Windows XP Home Operating System
WinDVD DVD Playback Software Software
Lite On DVD/CDRW Combo

talk about the ultimate space saver http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/yikes.gif

morning http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

LadyC_03
03-04-04, 07:01
I saw those on PC magazine the other day.
I forgot the price though. They may vary though,from place 2 place. Have you seen it??

vectra_sri
03-04-04, 07:03
Originally posted by lady:
I saw those on PC magazine the other day.
I forgot the price though. They may vary though,from place 2 place. Have you seen it??approx

$1226.48 http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

LadyC_03
03-04-04, 07:07
OMG,hehe.
What are those. Notepads,desktop?????

Is there a screen.
I saw a pic in this magazine with the name om Micro PC's,
and some cubic like boxes which fremind me of harddrives lOl. Where ta Hell doez the screen go then??

vectra_sri
03-04-04, 07:17
Originally posted by lady:
OMG,hehe.
What are those. Notepads,desktop?????

Is there a screen.
I saw a pic in this magazine with the name om Micro PC's,
and some cubic like boxes which fremind me of harddrives lOl. Where ta Hell doez the screen go then??I think the screens are standard ones that are in use today , its upto the customer which 1 they want to use http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

the croft woman!
03-04-04, 10:23
ummm im useless with this kinda stuff, a computer is a computer to me...

sooo ummm... yeah http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif

vectra_sri
03-04-04, 14:04
basically its just ya tower unit i think http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Duffman
03-04-04, 14:33
if you want to save space, change to a laptop... my sexy black case will be just fine for now, its not slim, but i dont really care... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/mischievous.gif

laracroft8290
03-04-04, 20:08
Micro form factor computers very nice because they have everything a standard computer (hdds, video cards, cd/dvd burner etc) has just in a super small space. Nice for apartments too. Cooling used to be an issue but with water cooling/heat pipe cooling its not that big of deal anymore.

Duffman
04-04-04, 12:12
the problem with these new PC's? - they are virtually un-upgradable...

the good old days of saying, "gee i would luv to add...", or "id luv to change that" are almost over :( ...

we just bought a bundle of brand new PCs at work and they are slimline HP machines - sure you get the space, but the physical PC cannot be updated, 1 PCI slot, 1 AGP slot, 1 Media drive bay... which means when it becomes obsolete you need to get an entire new PC...

ill stick to my case for now... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/whistle.gif

Draco
04-04-04, 14:29
Im sticking with my mid tower...

I'll save space with a laptop...

laracroft8290
04-04-04, 16:30
Originally posted by Duffman:
the problem with these new PC's? - they are virtually un-upgradable...

the good old days of saying, "gee i would luv to add...", or "id luv to change that" are almost over :( ...

we just bought a bundle of brand new PCs at work and they are slimline HP machines - sure you get the space, but the physical PC cannot be updated, 1 PCI slot, 1 AGP slot, 1 Media drive bay... which means when it becomes obsolete you need to get an entire new PC...

ill stick to my case for now... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/whistle.gif True, but what exactly do people that work in the standard office need? With everything being integrated into the mobo (even 5.1 surround sound) all you need is a massive hdd, and cd/dvd burner and your set.

Simulation
04-04-04, 18:12
I think I'll stick to a tower under the desk. With slimline you end up with half a dozen USB connected devices spawled accross the desk with a maze of tangled wires. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

laracroft8290
04-04-04, 18:14
me too actually http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Lars Erlandsson
04-04-04, 21:17
What machines like the ASUS DigiMatrix do is provide something to replace your DVD player, CD player, computer, VCR etc. TV in and out, Surround sound out, record TV to harddisk, play DVDs on your TV, control it from a remote control etc! REALLY cool IMHO. Too bad they aren't shipping the d**n thing because of some construction glitch.

NatEcho
04-04-04, 21:47
Welcome to the TRF's, Lars! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif