PDA

View Full Version : Side steps!

sdp93
02-06-07, 00:22
I never knew that you could sidestep in this game! I thought that started in TR3. I twas so annoying when I played TR2 (after a later one) and I couldn't do that!

Did anyone else know you could?

Tihocan9
02-06-07, 00:35
You could side step in TR1 so it only seemed obvious to me that you could. So ya I always knew that.

xBoricua
02-06-07, 05:13
I always knew about it, but I never ever rarely use it at all. I maybe did it when I first started playing the game, but that's it. I don't think it's too useful. Just maybe for presice jumping. :wve:

Mytly
02-06-07, 05:59
I made the same mistake with the TR2 demos. :o
TR3 was my first TR, and in that there are no separate side-step keys. After finishing it, I downloaded the TR2 demos, and I didn't even realise that that game had side-step keys, and just got frustrated as Lara didn't seem to able side-step. But by the time I actually played the full game, I had managed to figure out my mistake. :D

rr_carroll
02-06-07, 06:35
I always knew about it, but I never ever rarely use it at all. I maybe did it when I first started playing the game, but that's it. I don't think it's too useful. Just maybe for presice jumping. :wve:
I'm always bonking into a wall beside a switch or keyhole. Then, good ol' sidestep!

in these arms
02-06-07, 11:42
I checked the Instruction Booklet available in the Game Box. :rolleyes:

kryptonite23
02-06-07, 12:52
I always practice myself first in the mansion then memorize the steps.:D

sdp93
02-06-07, 17:29
I didn't know TR1 had the sidestep. I never played it, though, so that makes since.

Chocolate
02-06-07, 17:37
I made the same mistake with the TR2 demos. :o
TR3 was my first TR, and in that there are no separate side-step keys. After finishing it, I downloaded the TR2 demos, and I didn't even realise that that game had side-step keys, and just got frustrated as Lara didn't seem to able side-step. But by the time I actually played the full game, I had managed to figure out my mistake. :D
Wow, are we the same person or what? :vlol: TR3 was also my first, and I always tried using Shift + Left/Right in TR2 which didn't work - so I assumed there was no side stepping. And then I saw a video of TR2 with Lara sidestepping, so I thought "what the?"

Then one day I accidently pressed a wrong key next to the roll button and I got side-stepping Lara! :jmp:

paul123456
02-06-07, 18:12
Wow, are we the same person or what? :vlol: TR3 was also my first, and I always tried using Shift + Left/Right in TR2 which didn't work - so I assumed there was no side stepping. And then I saw a video of TR2 with Lara sidestepping, so I thought "what the?"

Then one day I accidently pressed a wrong key next to the roll button and I got side-stepping Lara! :jmp:

No way! Same here :)

rr_carroll
02-06-07, 21:47

Then one day I accidently pressed a wrong key next to the roll button and I got side-stepping Lara! :jmp: :D :jmp: If you shoot a gun, does Mytly shoot in the opposite direction? Is one of you made of bacon?

Vilcabambaby
03-06-07, 06:53
I rarely used the sidesteps. I always check the controller configuration.

Mytly
03-06-07, 22:16

:vlol:
Well, not quite the same person, since I made the monumental discovery in a different way: TRC was the second game that I bought (didn't get the full version of TR2 until much later), and there on the manual was "Delete/Pagedown = Sidestep keys" ... quite an enlightening moment. :D
I tried them out when playing the TR2 demos, and whaddya know - they work!
:D :jmp: If you shoot a gun, does Mytly shoot in the opposite direction? Is one of you made of bacon?
:vlol:
*Checks self for any bacon body parts* :pi: