PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Osbourne begins drug rehab

laracroft8290
03-04-04, 20:29
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/~aaron/kelly.jpg

Singer Kelly Osbourne, daughter of rock star Ozzy Osbourne, has been admitted to a drug rehabilitation clinic after abusing painkillers.
The 19-year-old entered a California clinic on Friday following tabloid newspaper claims about her drug use.

"She admitted it after a lot of twisting," her mother Sharon told CNN.

"The amount of pills I found in her bag was astounding," Mr Osbourne added. Kelly's brother Jack, 18, underwent substance abuse treatment last year.

Dropped

After appearing with her family in fly-on-the-wall series The Osbournes, Kelly had three UK chart hit singles including Papa Don't Preach.

Her debut album Shut Up spent just one week in the UK top 40, however, and she was dropped by record label Sony Music.

Last August she cancelled her European tour because of "health reasons".

Her parents had been due to promote the third series of The Osbournes on CNN talk show Larry King Live, but instead discussed their daughter's drug abuse.

Ozzy Osbourne, an admitted drug addict and alcoholic who has spent time in rehabilitation clinics himself, said he had asked Kelly repeatedly if she used drugs, but she denied it.

"I can't believe we were buying into it," he said.

Sharon Osbourne said Kelly entered Promises rehabilitation centre in Malibu "a couple of hours" before they appeared on TV.

"As usual with the Osbournes, you never know what's going to happen next," she said.

BBC.co.uk (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3596301.stm)

[ 03. April 2004, 21:33: Message edited by: laracroft8290 ]

Raider Sunrise
03-04-04, 20:51
Kelly Osbourne makes me totally sick. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/silent.gif

laracroft8290
03-04-04, 21:12
I rather like her. She does her own thing and doesn't care what people think.

Raider Sunrise
03-04-04, 21:25
I don't like her because she seems spoiled, and she's using her father's fame to make a name for herself.

laracroft8290
03-04-04, 21:38
Originally posted by Raider Sunrise:
I don't like her because she seems spoiled, and she's using her father's fame to make a name for herself.Not IMO. She's trying to make a name for herself. Yes she did get her first record made through a Label her father used but it's also because Sharon had connections there. Her next album due out later this year is with an independent label I think.

[ 03. April 2004, 22:38: Message edited by: laracroft8290 ]

Raider Sunrise
03-04-04, 21:46
It's not only that, I just don't like the way she acts. She looks fake.

tazmine
03-04-04, 22:19
Don't these people pay any attention to what their kids are doing?

Draco
04-04-04, 00:08
Originally posted by tazmine:
Don't these people pay any attention to what their kids are doing?Kelly Osbourne isnt exactly a unique case, a very significant portion of the population from pre school to middle age are depressed and frequently abuse the drugs used to treat it...

The problem is deep in our society...

tazmine
04-04-04, 00:35
Is abusing painkillers synonymous with depression? I think not. I think she liked the high.

rocker2004
04-04-04, 00:42
gutted kelly osbourne!

Draco
04-04-04, 02:18
Originally posted by tazmine:
Is abusing painkillers synonymous with depression? I think not. I think she liked the high.That is a given when dealing with habit forming pharmaceuticals...

What I see here is someone out of the millions who just happens to be in the spotlight...

TRChik
04-04-04, 04:38
Originally posted by Raider Sunrise:
She looks fake.like most pop stars.

i say good for her for admitting she has a problem and needs to be in rehab. thats the first step to recovery.

Raider Sunrise
04-04-04, 13:22
Originally posted by TRChik:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Raider Sunrise:
She looks fake.like most pop stars.
</font>[/QUOTE]Agreed.