PDA

View Full Version : Why Tihocan's coffin is empty?

Shark_Blade
08-06-07, 09:37
I wondered why. Did he left?:confused:

We see Qualopec seated on his throne in his own tomb.

verena xeventus
08-06-07, 09:41
maybe the next tomb raider game is: Lara Croft: Tomb raider: Tihocans revenge!??

I see your point, the game doesn't even give you any hint as to why he is not in the tomb... maybe pierre had something to do with it??

laras_2006
08-06-07, 09:49
Well. Once lara takes the scion from Qualopecs tomb, we see Qualopec moving. maybe he has to kind of way to speak to Tihocan and told him to get out, or he went to Tihocan and woken him up.

After all, they are gods.

This storyline makes more questions than the first TR did. TR1 made some questions, but not like this remake has.

Shark_Blade
08-06-07, 09:49
Pierre only wants the Scion. He came in late (If he was early he can left with the Scion or just wait and blow Miss Croft's brain out). I hardly thinks Pierre wants anything to do with a dead ancient body :vlol:

And I believe the three just rulers of Atlantis is not dead, including Natla(lava won't kill her off but a pillar? Puh-leez). Grr..Tihocan really grinds my gears. I really want answers.

Catlantean
08-06-07, 09:55
I'd say he was never really buried there, seeing as how Atlantean rulers are immortal in Anniversary. So Tihocan just had his tomb built to hide his piece of the Scion and then he disappeared into anonymity. And I think (and hope, as I've always liked the character) we'll see more of him in future games :)

verena xeventus
08-06-07, 10:01
I'd say he was never really buried there, seeing as how Atlantean rulers are immortal in Anniversary. So Tihocan just had his tomb built to hide his piece of the Scion and then he disappeared into anonymity. And I think (and hope, as I've always liked the character) we'll see more of him in future games :)

Thats about the most logical explanation I guess.

I don't agree with the idea that qualapec informed Tihocan and he moved out of the tomb... apart from the obvious "why would he live in a coffin for 2 or more millenia if he were still alive", but if he was informed, surely he would have taken the scion with him!

nicola1986
08-06-07, 10:08
Which one is the spider-like guy? I got a little confused :o

tha_mattster
08-06-07, 10:09
maybe he is just 'tihocan' a break? :pi:

nicola1986
08-06-07, 10:10
^ Lol

Shark_Blade
08-06-07, 10:13
I don't agree with the idea that qualapec informed Tihocan and he moved out of the tomb... apart from the obvious "why would he live in a coffin for 2 or more millenia if he were still alive", but if he was informed, surely he would have taken the scion with him!I must agreed with you on that one! :)

and nicola: The spider like guy is Qualopec. Tihocan is the one with the manly face.

nicola1986
08-06-07, 12:20
Right, thanks :)
What would have Tihocan and Qualopec done after natla was banished? She said it takes three to rule Atlantis.

Also, slightly off topic, who was going to be the third if Lara had joined Natla? Natla said "You belong here," maybe Amelia was going to be the third ;)

garfy
08-06-07, 22:42
as we see qualopec wake up from his deep sleep when lara takes his piece of the scion, the same has happened to tihocan! Altho, i have no thoughts on why he didnt just take his piece of the scion with him!? Does open it up for future games tho! especially as natla said that "this island is only one remnant of atlantis, i'll find another!"

cow
08-06-07, 23:47
Maybe hes in Avalon... just like king artur in trl...;)

Viamp
08-06-07, 23:55
I'm guessing he popped out for a quick cigarette.

Sir Croft
09-06-07, 00:04
Well, Tihocan wasn't in his coffin, Qualopec started to walk when Lara picked the Scion. I guess that means they still alive. Feels like an amazing plot is on the way. :cln:

Cyclosarin
09-06-07, 04:31
Feels like an amazing plot is on the way.

Or someone just plain screwed up when making the game.

Natla(lava won't kill her off but a pillar? Puh-leez).

Unless the one true weakness of all Atlantians is falling rock. Natla was killed by it, Qualopec was stopped by it (and if he was a god, surely he would have just blasted out if he wasn't dead?).

Although, (poor) attempts a wit aside, I do hope something comes of these discrepencies, as a continuation of this storyline would be miles better than, say, King Authur. 'Course thats only me opinion...

Tyrael DeMagis
11-06-07, 14:59
Perhaps Tihocan's bunking with Qualopec? Room for one more in the latter's sarcophagus, I suppose...

Sara Croft
11-06-07, 15:06
Just like king arthur. His sachograph (spelled correctly at all?:p) was there, but his body was never ment to be there. :)

dinahcat
11-06-07, 15:39
Just like king arthur. His sachograph (spelled correctly at all?:p) was there, but his body was never ment to be there. :)

(Cue the creepy music) Maybe Tihocan *IS* King Arthur?!?!?!?!

Rivendell
11-06-07, 15:40
(Cue the creepy music) Maybe Tihocan *IS* King Arthur?!?!?!?!

Or that wise, mysterious ancient guardian Merlin ;)

thevman
11-06-07, 15:48
Maybe tihocan is right behind you! Shadowing your every move!!! :eek: WATCH OUT, HE'S GONNA GRAB YOU!!! :vlol:

Timy226
11-06-07, 15:55
Seeing as Natla is alive, i am guessing that tihocan is aswell, there is no reason why he shouldnt be. Also Qeulopec (can never spell his name) is still alive aswell so i am thinking Tihocan is alive, and judging by thsi connection between TR:A and TR:L i think he will show up again.

AmericanAssassin
11-06-07, 16:07
Qualopec got up, Tihocan is gone, and Natla revealed that Atlanteans are immortal. They're obviously going to return in the future... my guess: Tomb Raider 8. I believe that Natla is using Amanda to get to Lara. To kill her for attempting to kill Natla... Just some of my thoughts. They fit together nicely with the Natla Tech. crates in Legend. ;)

AndrewNi
11-06-07, 16:30
This immortality stuff is quite confusing. If Tihocan and Qualopec can live forever, why didn't they seek another person to become the third leader? It is obviously possible, as Natla offered Lara a seat on the throne, unless there is some condition that Lara meets (blood relative perhaps?). Also, why would they go off to their tombs (assuming Tihocan stayed for a while) and just sit and wait?

I do believe that Natla may have survived though. Maybe a part of her tretchary was to grant herself immortality using the Scion, which is why the other two couldn't kill her (and had to freeze her instead).

ThomasCroft
11-06-07, 16:39
This immortality stuff is quite confusing. If Tihocan and Qualopec can live forever, why didn't they seek another person to become the third leader? It is obviously possible, as Natla offered Lara a seat on the throne, unless there is some condition that Lara meets (blood relative perhaps?). Also, why would they go off to their tombs (assuming Tihocan stayed for a while) and just sit and wait?

I do believe that Natla may have survived though. Maybe a part of her tretchary was to grant herself immortality using the Scion, which is why the other two couldn't kill her (and had to freeze her instead).

Ohhh dear. As much as I love all of these theories and intertwining storylines (finally TR's becoming complex again, hoorah!) I would not like to see any outrageous or coincidental blood relations, i.e. between Natla and Lara. Natla and Amanda's blood relation would also be too coincidental for me. Remember, Lara and her were childhood friends. :hea:

thevman
11-06-07, 16:41
Maybe they are immortal, but have fun living in hundreds of pieces when lara blows them up!!! :vlol:

"I'll get you lara, my pretty, just as soon as I can find my fingers to grab your throat!" :vlol:

dannyb37
11-06-07, 16:46
Lara beeing immortal would make sence, she has survived so much in the game over the past.

Lava, Radaiation, big swerly knif things, the power of excalobur, eaten by sea monsters... rofl...

ThomasCroft
11-06-07, 16:49
Lara beeing immortal would make sence, she has survived so much in the game over the past.

Lava, Radaiation, big swerly knif things, the power of excalobur, eaten by sea monsters... rofl...

Oh dearrrrrrr. NO NO NO. Lara gets through those situations with her cold, hard determination, strength, intelligence and willpower. NOT because she is immortal. :hea::hea::hea:

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM CD!!!

Sara Croft
11-06-07, 16:53

Where`s the thrill in that? :p

Inkheart
11-06-07, 17:10

Lara's not immortal, I've proved that countless times. Sheesh.

Sara Croft
11-06-07, 17:17
This immortality stuff is quite confusing. If Tihocan and Qualopec can live forever, why didn't they seek another person to become the third leader?
"...You ruler over nothing! Atlantis is in ruin, nothing can change that. Everything must burn! Only then can the seventh age begin"
Quoted from Natla in the 'Natla`s banishing'.
The only way to revive atlantis was to attack humanity and earth. Natla were the only one of the two who were willing to go so far to let the seventh age begin. They refused it, and moved on. Qualopec in his tomb, and tihocan possibly looking for other ways of reviving atlantis.. Or living in one remaining piece of it.. Avalon.

Tom1358
11-06-07, 17:30

He's in Avalon :whi:
to mix-up every storyline

ThomasCroft
11-06-07, 17:40
I'm like getting so confused. Isn't Avalon a place in itself, separate from Atlantis in another realm which one can only access through the daises? I don't understand how Lara's mum has been sucked into all of this so conveniently and coincidentally ... oh no, but then again, it was 'cos of her father who was looking for the scion to find Amelia ... ah I see ... forget my post ... Richard Croft and the scion is the link between Atlantis and Avalon.

EDIT: But then again, how does Atlantis have anything to do with Avalon? Arggghh this is confusing?!?!?! Someone explain!

MadVoodoo
11-06-07, 17:48

There should be a spoiler warning on the thread title for those who haven't played it yet. =)

Shark_Blade
12-06-07, 08:02
^lol I don't think it matters much, but then again, I can't edit the title. :o

JamesFKirk
12-06-07, 10:02
Why is it empty? Simple. He got bored waiting more than ten years for his another role and went away to do something more than just "lying around". ;) Probably thinking about taking a lead role in the next Mummy movie? ;) :D

Tomb of Legends
12-06-07, 10:46
What if like Natla he is walking with us normal humans?

Amando_au
12-06-07, 13:25

but then how do you explain Qualapec moving?