PDA

View Full Version : Any help..

jaroro
05-04-04, 01:45
Hey, I wanted to know what programas are used to creat movies like "Final Fantasy" you know, computer animations, and like the "Last flight of the Osiris" in Animatrix... THANKS!!

max_payne_99
05-04-04, 01:53
My guess would be 3DS Max or Maya. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

Draco
05-04-04, 01:53
Maya for FF: TSW

jaroro
05-04-04, 01:59
Thanks guys, you see I want to make an Animation close to the one of Animatrix (The Final Fligh of the Osiris), but I dunno what program to buy, which one could be easier.. and if with that same program I could do my whole animation, you see I want to learn.. so Which program do you guys recommend me to buy? THANKS!!

Draco
05-04-04, 02:11
All of them are expensive and have a fairly long learning curve, so I would do the research before going into it...

max_payne_99
05-04-04, 02:14
There is a Personal Learning Edition of Maya available, free, if ya want learn to use the program.

jaroro
05-04-04, 02:18
Well yeah its free, but I can just read avout how to use it, But I learn reading and at the same time doing the work.. you understand right? Its just that I really want to learn how to do animations like in Animatrix, so what you guys are saying is to buy the "Maya Unlimited", is that the best program for me... since Im beginning and easy to learn?

max_payne_99
05-04-04, 02:22
You can use the PLE just like the full version, I believe that just some of the more advanced features are disabled. If you're just starting, I wouldn't suggest buying it with out trying it, as it will run ya a over a grand.

jaroro
05-04-04, 02:25
The thing is Im not buying it, Im going to use it on some friends PC, but I dunno.. is that program allright to learn and how do I learn I mean I think its quite hard, but all Iw ant to do is an animation..

Anti-Polar Bear
05-04-04, 02:38
There's a few books on getting started, but it all depends on the person operating the application. For example, I self-taught myself Maya, although I'm still learning by just playing with certain tools and seeing what they can do. Just start simple and get to know the tools. It'll come eventually.

As for "just doing animation," there's a lot more to it. First, you have to start out modelling what you want to animate, rig it, then animate. Then you go into surfacing and texturing, lighting, and finally rendering. It's a very long learning curve, take your time and enjoy the trip. ;)

jaroro
05-04-04, 02:45
Thats exactly how I plan to learn, just like you Anti Polar Bear, but what I want to know is what program to star out with....

Anti-Polar Bear
05-04-04, 03:04
Ah... Well, I've played around with 3DS Max, Maya, and Lightwave.. Out of all of them, I prefer Maya by a far. It's the most "complete," having support for such things as cloth dynamics, fur, mental ray, Fluid Effects, etc.. (Although that's all in Unlimited).. I find it's GUI and workflow to be the easiest, as well.. And it's all around flexable. I'm thinking of getting Lightwave for rendering, however, as it's more powerful there..

jaroro
05-04-04, 03:16
So what your saying to do an "Animation" like I want I should use "MayA Unlimited"? or another? I guess with this answer I know everything, THANKS!