PDA

View Full Version : This is why I don't like amusement parks.

vespertea
22-06-07, 00:54
Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom spokeswoman Wendy Goldberg says the accident happened around 4:45 p.m. on the Superman Tower of Power.

Goldberg says the extent of the injury was unknown, but witnesses tell us the victim was a 13-year-old girl whose foot was severed during the ride.

The ride takes passengers straight up 177 feet before a free-fall of 154 feet, reaching a speed of 54 miles-per-hour before stopping about 20 feet above the ground.

source: http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=6693499&nav=menu31_3

That's why I don't like amusement park rides. D: I rode that exact same ride (in Kentucky) several years ago, which is even more unsettling. Especially after watching Final Destination 3.

Anyone else scared to death of amusement parks? Anyone had any terrifying experiences?

2kool4u
22-06-07, 00:58
No but i thought Final Destination was so stupid all of them, am i cruel at laughing at the death sequences. OMG "Roller Coaster of Love, Roller Coaster ah whoo hoo" lol the scene with the two girls @ the tanning salon. I love that song btw too. I used to be afraid when i was like 7. Like that kid said the fear is not having any control.

MiCkiZ88
22-06-07, 00:58
Yikes..

I love amusement parks though.. I'm always for the thrill rides. But one time on one of those rides where you go upside down (that go around like a clock & stop at the top) my safety belt was loose that thing where you have to hold on to was loose aswell. I was holding for my life =/

Wasn't really that nice.. but I went on the same ride again after that :vlol:

vespertea
22-06-07, 01:00
No but i thought Final Destination was so stupid all of them, am i cruel at laughing at the death sequences. OMG "Roller Coaster of Love, Roller Coaster ah whoo hoo" lol the scene with the two girls @ the tanning salon. I love that song btw too. I used to be afraid when i was like 7. Like that kid said the fear is not having any control.

You're not that cruel. Most of my friends were howling during the death scenes. :p "OMG DUDE REWIND THAT AND PUT IT IN SLOW MOTION, LOLOLO"

Tomb Raider 5194
22-06-07, 01:07
Those things like Final Destination 3 and news about rollercoaster accidents scare me a little but Im still in it for the thrill, they are just so fun! :D

star-dust
22-06-07, 01:16
That is a sure thing to get you shaken up.

I wonder how her legs are severed. At the bottem of that report it made it sound like both her legs were severed then in the initial report that said her one foot... blah blah.

That is aweful, I hope she is okay.

I love theme parks,
The Tower of Terror at
California Adventure...
need I say more?!
:ton:
But this will for sure make
me think twice before going
on that next ride...

vespertea
22-06-07, 01:36
That is a sure thing to get you shaken up.

I wonder how her legs are severed. At the bottem of that report it made it sound like both her legs were severed then in the initial report that said her one foot... blah blah.

That is aweful, I hope she is okay.

I love theme parks,
The Tower of Terror at
California Adventure...
need I say more?!
:ton:
But this will for sure make
me think twice before going
on that next ride...

Other news sources said it was both of her feet -- severed by a cable that snapped during the ride.

As weary as I am about theme parks, I have a blast at them. Roller coasters are wicked fun, but they still make my stomach go into knots.

Soma Holiday
22-06-07, 03:27
I'm not terrified of parks, but I'm terrified of roller coasters or any other extreme rides.

it's exactly like that...I'm not scared of the feeling or the falls...I'm terrified that the ride will break and I'll end up dead and/or missing some useful part of my body. :/

Taylour
22-06-07, 03:53
I went to King's Dominion yesterday and rode almost all the roller coasters haha. :D

And the TOMB RAIDER RIDE!!!

which isn't related to tomb raider at all, it just has similar scenery to the movie haha.

sdp93
22-06-07, 04:12
I hate amusement parks. I used to like him, but I'm terrified of ferris wheels and roller coasters...and clowns.

oocladableeblah
22-06-07, 04:24
I love amusement parks, six flags is the they have the biggest and fastest rides.

crystalpanther
22-06-07, 04:42
It was on Raging Bull at Six Flags Great America, and right before the big drop I swear I heard, and felt the seat come loose! I clung to that plastic for my dear life... When I got off of it my hands were shaking and I was hyperventilating...

Yeah, that pretty much did it for me... Ever since then I've never been too fond of roller-coasters.

Autolycus
22-06-07, 07:04
Omg that was an horrific incident i feel so sorry for the girl. Every ride at every amusement park has to be thoroughly checked everyday for faults this ride could not have been for this to happen.

jamieoliver22
22-06-07, 07:27
Did you know that a roller coaster is actually one of the safest places you can be?

And I love amusement parks, I only live about 8 miles/20 minutes from Alton Towers so we go every year :D

Jack Croft
22-06-07, 07:39
OMG! That is why i never go on theme park rides like roller coasters. I am never going on one now i wan to keep my foot! :(

xMyrax
22-06-07, 08:28
I was never a big fan of theme parks o_o Mainly because I have a really bad issue with motion sickness. All these stories about people falling off of rides, getting bad injuries or whatever make it even worse x)

Tomb Raider Master
22-06-07, 09:33
That's bad to hear. But I just love those parks.

nicola1986
22-06-07, 09:37
That is really awful, poor girl :(

I love amusement parks but I hate rides, I'm never going on one. I'm terrified of heights and scared to death of anything going wrong.

Anubis_AF
22-06-07, 09:39
Meh, never found them interesting. Not my type of thing. Bad news for the girl though.

lol the scene with the two girls @ the tanning salon. .
I love that scene :mis:

star girl
22-06-07, 10:25
:yik:

Poor teen :(

jarhead
22-06-07, 10:49
I love them. But I hate when you dont feel like your secure, lack of restraints are my biggest problem

viper456
22-06-07, 10:50
Did you know that a roller coaster is actually one of the safest places you can be?

And I love amusement parks, I only live about 8 miles/20 minutes from Alton Towers so we go every year :D

told you once, will tell you again! you son of a.. lmao you love rubbing that in Mr Oliver! :p

Im confused to how the foot was severed. :S what part of "keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times" was not stressed enough.

nicola1986
22-06-07, 11:02
From what I could gather I think a cable snapped off and sliced them. Poor girl.

lara is mine
22-06-07, 15:09
i live for amusement parks! :jmp::jmp:too bad bout the foot tho

Spitfire
22-06-07, 18:27
From what I could gather I think a cable snapped off and sliced them. Poor girl.
That sounds excruciatingly painful and vividly grotesque.

As for my liking of theme parks, can't say I don't love them but I don't like county fairs. One year I had gone to the fair to ride the 'G-Force' that spun in a circle and would twist and turn upside down. While i was upside down I could feel the bars loosening up and I was scared hanging on to my seat and scared the belt (the only thing really keeping me on) wasn't gonna suddenly become faulty too!
Although I can't say it turned me off from big theme parks since I'm going to Islands of Adventure in Orlando Florida soon! (Yay for riding the Hulk!)

tr_mitch
22-06-07, 18:32

This is true.
It's actually safer to be on a rollercoaster than sat in your own home.

I personally love Theme parks, don't live far from Alton Towers and Drayton Manor, so I've bin there a lot.

Betal
22-06-07, 19:09
I heard about this. And this reminds me.

tomorrow I'm going to one of the worlds best parks. Liseberg.:D
I'm not afraid of rides. :p