Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Why she says:"I hate tombs"? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=216595)

lizardspock110 02-11-16 08:24

[QUOTE=VictorXD;7675805]That's not it at all. Lara very clearly loves tombs before Yamatai, just look at her face 2 seconds after she says that line.
This line is just the most misunderstood thing ever. :/ I guess that's what happens when you take your game so seriously that there are no more than 3-4 purposely comical moments.[/QUOTE]

This. Its also like that moment in TRA where Natla says "sooner or later you'll run out of bullets"

BearChow 16-11-16 12:02

The same reason they had Lara quip about how a mythological woman with supernatural powers is always evil: ham-fisted, amateurish, "GET IT?!?!" writing.

dcw123 16-11-16 14:15

Oh please.. Lara wasn't being ironic - not the feeling I got.
Simple bad writing..

I hate how she says this (she says this line because of all the collapsing stuff she'd just been through a few minutes before) - and literally 2 seconds later, turns around and smiles at the TOMB in front of her.. and now she likes them all of a sudden.
Urgh :tea:

Mani_Man 16-11-16 14:24

[QUOTE=Daring Do;7675785]Because of all of the rest of the stuff that's happened to her throughout the game, what with all the blood, gore, pain, and all that jazz. I'd be grumpy at tombs too. It's kind of like when you've been having a really ****ty day and just one small insignificant annoyance pushes you over to just hate everything.

Besides, there's plenty of times where she's super hype about what she finds in tombs and the tombs themselves. So it's not like she's hated tombs the whole time, it was just that moment.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.
Its seems almost like people try so hard to put down Lara and analize every single gesture, line etc to prove some weird point.
Yeah we get it, she is not classic Lara...that is why its called a reboot.

larafan25 16-11-16 16:28

Because if she was classic Lara, it would be the other way around. She would be bored of the history crap and living for the action.

lizardspock110 16-11-16 17:03

Y'all are taking this waaay too seriously :vlol:

Its like if I say:

UGH, I hate Lizards

I agree with what Daring Do said here.

Linoshi Croft 16-11-16 21:29

I understand the use of the line and how it's ironic...but I always thought the line itself just sounded weird, I don't know. You just wouldn't say it...Plus, RISE makes the use of the line make even less sense considering her father set up the [COLOR="White"]tomb for her birthday in the cellar and took her on numerous digs[/COLOR]. The girl clearly likes tombs :p

New Dwight 17-11-16 02:46

[B][I]She hates tombs[/I][/B] cause she hates them in all honesty! She's a reboot, she wasn't made for tombs anymore!
Instead she all about ponytails and tressFX.

ThatSassyKid 17-11-16 03:22

[QUOTE=New Dwight;7682133][B][I]She hates tombs[/I][/B] cause she hates them in all honesty! She's a reboot, she wasn't made for tombs anymore!
Instead she all about ponytails and tressFX.[/QUOTE]

but she doesn't
two seconds after saying it, she gasps in awe because of the tomb

dcw123 17-11-16 09:22

[QUOTE=ThatSassyKid;7682140]but she doesn't
two seconds after saying it, she gasps in awe because of the tomb[/QUOTE]

Yep.. and it makes no sense..

They could have had her say the line at the start of the game instead - her first tomb she finds.

Then.. it would make sense later when she starts to like them.. they grow on her.

Of course, CDs incompetent writers can't do such things.