Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Arts and Entertainment (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Rihanna Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=165807)

TRL2009 10-03-10 00:37

Rihanna Thread

In late 2005, Rihanna made her debut award show performance at the World Music Awards;

Rihanna's debut album, "Music of the Sun", peaked in the top ten of the Billboard 200 chart;

Rihanna served as an opening act for Gwen Stefani to promote her debut album;

Rihanna struck her first endorsement deal with Secret Body Spray, for them to sponsor her first tour, "Rihanna's Secret Body Spray Tour".

Back ^

In 2006, Rihanna scored her first Billboard Hot 100 #1 hit "SOS."

In 2006 SOS became Rihanna's first #1 single in Australia where it spent 8 consecutive weeks at #1 making it her biggest single in Australia to date;

Rihanna won 8 Barbados Music Awards;

Rihanna won 4 Billboard Awards;

Rihanna started her own foundation called 'The Believe Foundation' in 2006 when she was just 18 years old to help terminally ill children;

Rihanna's second album, "A Girl Like Me", which peaked within the top five of the Billboard albums chart;

Internationally, "A Girl Like Me" peaked at number one on the Top Canadian Albums, five on the UK Albums Chart and number five on the Irish Album Chart;

"Unfaithful" became a major worldwide hit, reaching the top ten in dozen countries around the world, including the United States where it reached number six on the Billboard Hot 100, as well as topping the charts in Canada, France and Switzerland;

Rihanna made her acting debut in a cameo role in the straight-to-DVD film "Bring It On: All or Nothing";

Rihanna recorded a song called "Winning Women" with Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger for Procter & Gamble's female deodorant Secret;

Back ^

In 2007, Rihanna signed with Cover Girl and became a celebrity spokesperson for the company;

in 2007 Rihanna broke a record in the UK for the longest #1 for 10 weeks with her smash hit "Umbrella";

In 2007 Umbrella was listed as United Worlds Charts top song of the year;

In 2007 Good Girl Gone Bad became Rihanna's first #1 album in the UK;

In 2007 Rihanna won the MTV Video Music Award for "Video of The Year" for "Umbrella";

In 2007 Umbrella became the longest running #1 single ever in the UK for a female artist;

was named 'celebrity legs of goddess' in 2007;

Umbrella topped the charts in over 40 countries. Digitally in about 17;

Umbrella was named the 3rd best song in 2007 by Rolling Stone and Time's Magazine;

Billboard considered Umbrella as 2007's song of the summer;

Umbrella stayed at #1 for 7 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100;

Rihanna adopted a more sexual image while recording her third album, eventually dying her hair black and cutting it short;

Rihanna's third studio album, "Good Girl Gone Bad", peaked at number two on the Billboard 200;

All the singles off Rihanna's "Good Girl Gone Bad"/"Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded" reached the top twenty on the Billboard Hot 100;

Rihanna was nominated in four categories at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards, winning "Monster Single of the Year" and "Video of the Year";

In support of her third album, she kicked off her first headlining tour "The Good Girl Gone Bad Tour", with several shows across the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, Mexico and Africa. She also embarked on the "Glow in the Dark Tour" with Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, and N.E.R.D in 2008.

Back ^

In 2008, Rihanna won her first Grammy award for her worldwide smash hit "Umbrella" featuring mentor Jay-Z;

In late 2008, she became Muse to Gucci's Tattoo Heart collection, and filmed the Ad Campaign;

Rihanna became the first female singer from Barbados to win a Grammy Award;

Along with her own foundation, she joined in 'Fashion Against Aids', a foundation to help fight AIDS by creating her own t-shirt design and signing autographs;

Margeaux Watson of Entertainment Weekly wrote an article entitled "Rihanna: Diva of the year" which he referred to her breakout success of 2008;

Rihanna and other pop, rock, R&B and country singers such as Carrie Underwood, Ciara, Beyoncé Knowles, Leona Lewis, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, and Fergie recorded the charity single, "Just Stand Up!", the theme song to the anti-cancer campaign Stand Up to Cancer and its theme song;

Rihanna opened the 2008 Fashion Rocks, performing Madonna's "Vogue";

Rihanna opened the 2008 VMAs performing her hit "Disturbia".

Back ^

In 2009, Rihanna released her most personal album to date which also opened with the highest sales of all her albums;

In 2009, Rihanna became a Glamour Woman of the Year;

Rihanna appeared at all the major shows at Paris Fashion Week in late 2009;

In 2009 Billboard magazine named Rihanna the #1 download artist of the decade;

Rihanna's fourth studio album, "Rated R", peaked at number four on the Billboard 200;

Rihanna made an appearance as the central character in Kanye West's music video "Paranoid".

Back ^

Rihanna won two more Grammy Awards for her feature on the smash hit "Run This Town";

Rihanna scored her 7th #1 hit (SOS, Umbrella, Take A Bow, Disturbia, Live Your Life, Rude Boy, Love The Way You Lie), putting her in the lead of artist with the most #1 hits since the year 2000.- In 2010 She was a part of Orange Rockcorps in Tel Aviv, giving tickets to those who did Community Service beforehand;

"Rude Boy" became Rihanna's biggest selling single in Australia;

Rihanna became the black female with most #1's in Australia;

Rihanna sold out Madison Square Garden one of the most prestigious concert venues in America;

Rihanna won her 3rd NRJ Award;

Rihanna recieved her 3rd #1 single in the UK;

"Love The Way You Lie" became Rihanna's 7th #2 single in the U.K.;

Disturbia passed the 3 million donwload mark in the United States making her tied for first place for having 4 singles pass the 3 million download mark;

In the 2010 Guinness books of records, Rihanna was named the most downloaded female artist of all time in the UK;

In 2010, “Run This Town” peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100, number one in the U.K. and won two Grammy Awards: Best Rap Song and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration.

Rihanna's third single off "Rated R", "Rude Boy", was #1 for 5 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100;

Rihanna won two Barbados Music Awards: "Song of the Decade" with "Umbrella" and "Entertainer of the Decade";

Rihanna was named "International Female Artist of the Year" at the 2010 NRJ Music Awards;

Rihanna's fourth album first three singles: "Russian Roulette", "Hard" and "Rude Boy" peaked within the top ten on the Billboard Hot 100;

"Rockstar 101" became a hit on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs, peaking at number two;

"Te Amo", peaked at number fourteen in the United Kingdom,[85] as well as appearing in the top twenty on eleven other charts.

At the 2010 BET Awards, Rihanna and Jeezy won the "Viewer's Choice Award" for her song "Hard";

Rihanna worked with her artistic director for "Rated R", Simon Henwood, on a book.

+ NOT TO FORGET

Throughout her career, Rihanna has worked to help source Bone Marrow Donors with DKMS;

Rihanna traveled the world tour with artists like Black Eyed Peas, Kayne West, Lupe Fiasco, N.E.R.D, Nas, Jay-Z, Akon and Pussycat Dolls. Artists like Field Mob, Ciara, J-Status, Yung Joc, Trey Songz, Sean Paul, Pixee Lot, Travie McCoy, and Ke$ha have all opened for her;

Rihanna has sold 60 million records and 16 million albums WW;

GGGB is the 3rd album with the most downloaded digital tracks ever;

Rihanna is one of the only artists to have four 3-million-selling singles in the US;

Rihanna has had endorsements with Covergirl, Nike, Clinque, Happy, UNICEF and Gucci, Totes Umbrellas, and Secret Body Spray all before the age of 22;

Rihanna has been apart of many concerts to help raise money for various illnesses.

Ortegas991 10-03-10 00:40

What about Rated R?

Laralissa 10-03-10 00:46

"Shot at.." ? For a second I thought you were saying she had been shot :p

Hmm.. I go through phases with Rihanna. Sometimes I find her downright annoying *cough*Umbrella*cough* but she does have some really good songs like 'Who You Gonna Run To' and such. Rude boy is really catchy :D Its my guilty pleasure.

VictorXD 10-03-10 00:47

Good Girl Gone Bad is her best album EVAH!:D I really like it:) BTW didn't we already had a Rhanna thread?:confused:

TRL2009 10-03-10 00:57

i didn't know that. :confused:

VictorXD 10-03-10 00:58

^No problem, that thread is like thread for like dead for what? 9 months?:confused:

TRL2009 10-03-10 01:00

[QUOTE=VictorXD;4432813]Good Girl Gone Bad is her best album EVAH!:D I really like it:) BTW didn't we already had a Rhanna thread?:confused:[/QUOTE]

I Personally like rated r it has so much emotion and it dark and edgy. my fav. songs from it are all the songs except fire bomb. :)

Shark_Blade 10-03-10 01:02

Love Good Girl Gone Bad era. :D I like Russian Roulette, but her hairstyle bother me. :/

TRL2009 10-03-10 01:06

^ I like the songs disturbia, good girl gone bad. rehab, umbrella, push up on me, shut up & drive, don't stop the music, question existing, and lemme get that. :)

TRL2009 10-03-10 01:34

[QUOTE=Laralissa;4432807]"Shot at.." ? For a second I thought you were saying she had been shot :p

Hmm.. I go through phases with Rihanna. Sometimes I find her downright annoying *cough*Umbrella*cough* but she does have some really good songs like 'Who You Gonna Run To' and such. Rude boy is really catchy :D Its my guilty pleasure.[/QUOTE]

yeah love rude boy :)