www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Lara's weapons (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=220153)

LuckyEdge10 16-05-18 20:27

Lara's weapons

I am very curious about Lara's weapons. In the description of the Season Pass, it says that there will be 7 more weapons and 3 more with the Croft Edition. I can already imagine Lara doing some crazy things with an RPG or a grenade launcher :jmp:

And there's another question: Will Lara's weapons disappear when we choose another weapon?

In TR2013 and Rise, when Lara equips the bow and then she equips the pistol, the bow disappears. And that also happens with the shotgun and the mitra.

To be honest, I hope that weapons will disappear when we choose the pistol, because I love to control Lara when she has no weapons in her back. What do you think about this topic? :D

2001LC20 16-05-18 20:32

I hope the game doesn't have RPGs or Grenade Launcher i don't want a DOOM Raider or BorderTombLands raider

But everything else is fine for me gışga! :)

veigafd 16-05-18 20:33

I know duals are disappearing for sure. But to be honest,maybe its the same as always.

LuckyEdge10 16-05-18 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2001LC20 (Post 7882998)
I hope the game doesn't have RPGs or Grenade Launcher i don't want a DOOM Raider or BorderTombLands raider

But everything else is fine for me gışga! :)

I honestly don't think they will be in the game. It would be too Just Cause-ish.

Error96 16-05-18 20:43

I think that there will still be the same 4 spaces just the new weapons will probably replace their equivalent.

I don't want a real overpowered weapon rather more tactical stuff. Of course it is a shame it doesn't look like you can't select pistol and then go x2. I wonder if the DLC weapons will make a difference gameplay-wise or be essentially reskins.

Hazelphoenix 16-05-18 20:45

See, thatís what bothers me to no end. So many additional weapons, Lara will probably end up having an entire arsenal... except for the dual pistols. Almost looks like a bad joke.

Anyway, I hope the bow disappears from her back when we choose another weapon. I like a more clean and tidy look, and that gigantic bow sticking out is a bit all over the place imo. Thatís one of the few things that I donít want them to fix at all.

2001LC20 16-05-18 20:48

Hmmm how about throwing knives? Poisonous throwing knives? And some Mayan tribe stealth weapons?

Sounds cool to me

VictorXD 16-05-18 20:49

I'd really love for the bow/quiver not to disappear every time there is a cutscene/we change weapons. That's not how you make a bow become a character's signature weapon lol.
Funnily enough, in beta TR2013 Lara's bow would still be there if she was using another weapon.

Just animate that $#!T properly yo.

Grimaldi 16-05-18 20:56

Honestly, it sounds like more of Riseís multiple weapons system which was pretty boring. In the old games you had all sorts of weapons, but in the reboot youíre limited to 4 types, which is fine, but all the other options just feel like Bow 1, Bow 2, etc. I preferred just having the definitive version of that weapon to upgrade rather than all the ďcustomisationĒ and choice I never made much use of.

I am interested in the machete though. She used it in combination with the axes in the trailer (hereís hoping latching onto enemies to drag them towards you is an ability), so itís probably not replacing them in melee, but what makes it different? Also, I canít wait to use the knife again. Stealth kills are the best.

CrowdedToaster 16-05-18 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2001LC20 (Post 7883017)
Hmmm how about throwing knives? Poisonous throwing knives? And some Mayan tribe stealth weapons?

Sounds cool to me

Oh I'd love throwing knives! That would be cool.

I also wouldn't mind a spear!