Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Open Chat XVII (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=210906)

NoahCrofRaider 21-03-18 18:15

[QUOTE=HD Simplicityy;7840440]I did! Could've been a lot better had the script been stronger and a few other adjustments. For a video game movie it was fairly good. The bar is still low though, so maybe the Uncharted, TLOU or Witcher movie, or God willing one day a Halo movie, will set a higher bar.[/QUOTE]

I agree, and I hope so too.

Mickybyrne20 22-03-18 17:40

Omg, so I had some alcoholic beverage today, drunk about three quarters of a bottle and got intense chronic pain in my stomach. Honestly, I was sweating from how intense the pain was, and it was ****ing burning. I went blotchy in the face. Some kind of allergic reaction or something. Horrible experience. Never drinking alcohol again.

My sister recommended I eat some bread, and thankfully that did the trick. *Praise the Lord*

Also went to the hairdressers; to some Turkish owned barbers. They couldn't even speak a full sentence of English. Asked for longer on top, started off well, then he starts "tidying up" and cuts about another few centimetres off. Now it's shorter than what I wanted. About mid-way through my cut, I noticed they also threaded eyebrows too. I'm like, "aww nice fresh haircut, banging perfectly shaped eyebrows = I'm a model". So I kind of just pointed and said "you do eyebrows?"....

...Couple minutes later when he's peer pressured me into shaving my beard off he just swipes over my eyebrow abruptly with the clippers.

I ****ing jolted back like "WOAH". He's like "I tidy up, I tidy". Like NAH, bitch now my eyebrows are ****ing INVISIBLE because they're too short.

Ugh, he doesn't understand that my hair is a light shade, ya can't just expect my eyebrows to be promptly visible. Like, I understand he's from Turkey and their hair is usually black or maybe very dark brown, same with eyebrows... but you can't just buzz my eyebrows off, mate:confused: Now I look like Lady Gaga with blonde/invisible eyebrows.
[IMG]https://s20.postimg.org/vzb1nv4vx/lady-gaga-barely-there-makeup-bleach-eyebrows-love-loathe-ftr.jpg[/IMG]

Yeauxleaux 22-03-18 19:03

I wouldn't have even mentioned the brows after they got the hair wrong. In fact tbh I wouldn't let anyone touch my hair who didn't speak English well enough to know what I'm saying. Red flags.

kiersaint 22-03-18 19:13

Sorry Micky but that story had me seriously giggling

Mickybyrne20 22-03-18 19:46

[QUOTE=Yeauxleaux;7841603]I wouldn't have even mentioned the brows after they got the hair wrong. In fact tbh I wouldn't let anyone touch my hair who didn't speak English well enough to know what I'm saying. Red flags.[/QUOTE] Well, to be clear I didn't quite tell the story in chronological order.

He started off cutting the length I wanted, then I asked about eyebrow threading, then he tried shaving them off. I didn't actually get them threaded because they'd be ****ing nothing left lmao. Then towards the end he adds insult to injury by showing me the length I wanted "OK :tmb: brilliant". Then asked if I wanted more, I'm like "no, no it's fine". Then he's like "I tidy... again" I'm like "ok, whatever probably some long bits, and unevenness"

...Come out the barber looking 12 years old on my 21st :vlol:

[QUOTE=kiersaint;7841613]Sorry Micky but that story had me seriously giggling[/QUOTE] It's certainly been an eventful day lol

Yeauxleaux 22-03-18 19:54

[QUOTE=Mickybyrne20;7841642]Well, to be clear I didn't quite tell the story in chronological order.

He started off cutting the length I wanted, then I asked about eyebrow threading, then he tried shaving them off. I didn't actually get them threaded because they'd be ****ing nothing left lmao. Then towards the end he adds insult to injury by showing me the length I wanted "OK :tmb: brilliant". Then asked if I wanted more, I'm like "no, no it's fine". Then he's like "I tidy... again" I'm like "ok, whatever probably some long bits, and unevenness"

...Come out the barber looking 12 years old on my 21st :vlol:

It's certainly been an eventful day lol[/QUOTE]I'd have been so pissed and probably would have gone to a second barber to get it evened out. Hopefully in a week or so it'll have grown back out, it's just annoying.

I'm scared of getting my eyebrows done, because my brows are "thick" in the sense that they're quite wide, but they're not dense. There's not a lot of hair there and I don't want to be left with nothing.

Mickybyrne20 22-03-18 20:21

[QUOTE=Yeauxleaux;7841646]
I'm scared of getting my eyebrows done, because my brows are "thick" in the sense that they're quite wide, but they're not dense. There's not a lot of hair there and I don't want to be left with nothing.[/QUOTE] Honestly, I'd be skeptical too. Some threading artists can go to town on your eyebrows for no reason. And women don't understand that men aren't supposed to have high arched eyebrows because it's a feminine look (unless you like that look, in that case fair enough). You'd probably best off going to an Asian dude, or to be specific, of middle Eastern descent (for the American's on the forum). They have thick eyebrows, and therefore like thicker ones as a result. White girls just go nuts.

Hyper_Crazy 22-03-18 20:25

What annoys me about the place I go to get my eyebrows threaded is that they charge different prices based on gender. Males do tend to have bushier eyebrows, but there was this lady whose eyebrows were ****ing beasty, worse than mine, yet I had to pay double the price she did. :confused:

It's only a couple of quid so I'm not gonna make a deal out of it, but still.

strawberry22 22-03-18 22:55

[QUOTE=Hyper_Crazy;7841658]What annoys me about the place I go to get my eyebrows threaded is that they charge different prices based on gender. Males do tend to have bushier eyebrows, but there was this lady whose eyebrows were ****ing beasty, worse than mine, yet I had to pay double the price she did. :confused:

It's only a couple of quid so I'm not gonna make a deal out of it, but still.[/QUOTE]

That makes me so angry omg. This happens at my work as well - male shoes are sometimes double the price of female ones, despite being the same material and all. Why they can’t equalise things like that really grinds my gears.

Quebsenuef 22-03-18 23:21

[QUOTE=Hyper_Crazy;7841658]What annoys me about the place I go to get my eyebrows threaded is that they charge different prices based on gender. Males do tend to have bushier eyebrows, but there was this lady whose eyebrows were ****ing beasty, worse than mine, yet I had to pay double the price she did. :confused:

It's only a couple of quid so I'm not gonna make a deal out of it, but still.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=strawberry22;7841719]That makes me so angry omg. This happens at my work as well - male shoes are sometimes double the price of female ones, despite being the same material and all. Why they can’t equalise things like that really grinds my gears.[/QUOTE]

I have the same struggle but in a weird way. I have sensitive skin and the only deodorant I’ve found that doesn’t irritate my underarms is a women’s deodorant. However it’s $4 more expensive than mens deodorants! It’s ridiculous. And it’s smaller too! :pi: