Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Uncharted (Series) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=200524)

Peep Show 24-05-13 15:46

Uncharted (Series) | A Thief's End Coming 2016

[CENTER][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Uncharted_logo2.png[/IMG]

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"]Uncharted is a series of action-adventure/platforming/third-person shooter video games developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Computer Entertainment exclusively for the PlayStation 3 video game console. The series follows the adventures of modern-day treasure hunter Nathan "Nate" Drake as he travels around the world in search of mystical treasures. The series includes Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, its sequel Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, a motion comic prequel, Uncharted: Eye of Indra, as well as the two games, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and Uncharted: Golden Abyss for Sony's PlayStation Vita. A film adaptation was also announced.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Times New Roman"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="4"]Uncharted: Drake's Fortune[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Glw3rhO.png[/IMG]
[youtube]gk0s3zOnlyw[/youtube]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"]Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is the first game in the Uncharted series. Combining action-adventure and platforming elements with a third-person perspective, the game charts the journey of protagonist Nathan Drake, supposed descendant of the explorer Sir Francis Drake, as he seeks the lost treasure of El Dorado, with the help of journalist Elena Fisher and mentor Victor Sullivan.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]Uncharted 2: Among Thieves[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oQ8vA6Z.png[/IMG]
[youtube]2RD4IXZgfac[/youtube]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"]The narrative opens with a quote attributed to Marco Polo, "I did not tell half of what I saw, for I knew I would not be believed." The plot revolves around the doomed voyage home of Marco Polo from China in 1292. After spending almost 20 years in the court of the Mongol Emperor Kublai Khan, Marco Polo departed with fourteen ships and over six hundred passengers – but when he arrived in Persia a year and a half later, only one ship and eighteen passengers remained. Polo never revealed what had happened to the lost ships.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="Orange"][FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Q7cv7JQ.png[/IMG]
[youtube]zN3rj6YemkI[/youtube]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"]Uncharted 3 sees protagonist Nathan Drake and mentor Victor Sullivan traveling around the world to places such as the Rub' al Khali desert, in search of the legendary lost city the Iram of the Pillars, which is mentioned in the Quran. Elena Fisher and Chloe Frazer also return in Uncharted 3. The plot draws from the archaeology days of T. E. Lawrence.Arne Meyer, Naughty Dog's community strategist stated that the "main theme of Uncharted 3 is 'finding the way'.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"][FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]Uncharted: Golden Abyss[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SsQjbhG.png[/IMG]
[youtube]YHDezyb6vhk[/youtube]
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"]Uncharted: Golden Abyss is the fourth entry in the Uncharted series, and the first portable entry in the series. It is one of the first games released for the PlayStation Vita. It was developed by SCE Bend Studio, with development overseen by Naughty Dog.[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Times New Roman"][B]To get this thread started:[/B]

What's your favorite Uncharted game?
Who's your favorite character?
Who's your favorite villain?
What's your favorite action sequence? (Uncharted 2 train sequence for example)
What do you want for Uncharted 4?[/FONT][/SIZE]

trfanX34 24-05-13 15:50

Omg I love how you got the covers to fit perfectly with the videos *-*

[B]What's your favorite Uncharted game? [/B]I've only played UC3 .__. SOME DAY I'll get UC2.
[B]Who's your favorite character?[/B] Elena >>>
[B]Who's your favorite villain? [/B]None to be honest.
[B]What's your favorite action sequence?[/B] The sinking ship in UC3. (Again, I haven't played the others so idk about the action sequences in 1 and 2 :p)
[B]What do you want for Uncharted 4?[/B] No idea really .__. I kinda just want ND to stay away from UC and focus on TLOU for a while. And before someone says it, yes, I know that they are / can be developed by different teams.

Jami393 24-05-13 15:54

Apparently Uncharted 3 was bigger than the 50GB disc it's now stored on.

Zebra 24-05-13 15:55

[B]What's your favorite Uncharted game?[/B]
Drake's Fortune.

[B]Who's your favorite character?[/B]
Nate.

[B]Who's your favorite villain?[/B]
Flynn.

[B]What's your favorite action sequence?[/B]
Cruise Liner Chandelier Climb (Uncharted 3)

[B]What do you want for Uncharted 4?[/B]
Focus on one or two locations like in Drake's Fortune, better story than in 2 and 3, keep 3's epic action moments but reduce them in number, better hand-to-hand combat and stealth mechanics, less characters than in 3 - give Nate some alone time, location: Greece, Italy, India or Egypt.

Peep Show 24-05-13 15:56

Let me do this

[B]What's your favorite Uncharted game?[/B] Uncharted 2 by far.
[B]Who's your favorite character?[/B] Nate/Chloe (can't choose)
[B]Who's your favorite villain?[/B] Flynn
[B]What's your favorite action sequence?[/B] Train chapters (U2), Sinking ship/Plane crash (U3)
[B]What do you want for Uncharted 4?[/B] Too much to type in here but i'll make sure to do that later.

Carbonek_0051 24-05-13 15:57

[B]What's your favorite Uncharted game?[/B] Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

[B]Who's your favorite character?[/B] Either Elena or Sullivan.

[B]Who's your favorite villain?[/B] Garbriel Roman

[B]What's your favorite action sequence?[/B] The jeep chase in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

[B]What do you want for Uncharted 4?[/B] Honestly, I wanted it to remain a trilogy but if they insist on continuing the series I want them to reveal more about Nate's real identity. Also I want it to go back to one location, I liked it in the first game.

Great thread, by the way. :D

Peep Show 24-05-13 15:59

^Thanks, I see you love U1, that's nice cause that game is pretty underrated. :tmb:

Tombraider95 24-05-13 15:59

whoo! Wanna know about Uncharted 4 already!!!

[B]What's your favorite Uncharted game?[/B]

Uncharted 2/3

[B]Who's your favorite character?[/B]

Nathan Drake of course :mis:

[B]Who's your favorite villain?[/B]

Katherine Marlow =D We didn't get to see enough of her though I thought!

[B]What's your favorite action sequence? [/B]

The Train Ride I guess. I like a lot though :)

[B]What do you want from Uncharted 4?[/B]

Another awesome story/villian. Different outfits for campaign!

Carbonek_0051 24-05-13 16:03

[QUOTE=Peep Show;6797847]^Thanks, I see you love U1, that's nice cause that game is pretty underrated. :tmb:[/QUOTE]
Yup. it was a great starting point for the series but (IMO) the others didn't feel as enjoyable. Drake's Deception came close but fell apart in the last half. I really enjoyed the first half, especially getting to see Nate's past explored.

lcroft_lc 24-05-13 16:07

[QUOTE]Uncharted is a series of action-adventure/platforming/third-person shooter video games heavily inspired by Tomb Raider series, developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Computer Entertainment exclusively for the PlayStation 3 video game console.[/QUOTE]Fixed. :tmb:

What's your favorite Uncharted game?
[B]- Tomb Raider 2013[/B] ;)

Who's your favorite character?
[B]- Charlie Cutter, he is so funny.[/B] :D

Who's your favorite villain?
[B]- Marlowe (Uncharted 3)[/B] :cln:

What's your favorite action sequence?
[B]- Uncharted 3 (The sinking ship sequence)[/B] :)

What do you want for Uncharted 4?
[B]- Open world action-adventure, like Assassin's Creed series and plenty of exploration opportunities, and the game must not be a PS4 exclusive, rather come to PS3 as well. :)
[/B]