Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Does the ninth game need Lara Croft? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=140076)

laralover_07 24-11-08 19:35

Does the ninth game need Lara Croft?

LOL, now that I've got you're attention.

My main point is should TR9 be called, "[B][U][COLOR="Purple"]Lara Croft Tomb Raider: 9[/COLOR][/U][/B]" like the previous two CD installments, or "[B][U][COLOR="Green"]Tomb Raider 9[/COLOR][/U][/B]" like Underworld was?

Your thoughts?

CAISACO 24-11-08 19:36

There is going to be another game?

Dixie 24-11-08 19:46

I didn't even notice that "Lara Croft" wasn't in Underworlds title until I was looking at the cover of the guide. It seems kind of pointless to have it. They only used it in the games because they used the same logo as the movies.

daventry 24-11-08 19:54

Keep it [U][B]Tomb Raider[/B][/U] like the Classiscs TR1/TR2/TR3/TR4/TR5

shanqz 24-11-08 20:14

keep it like the classics and TRU. no need to add "Lara Croft" before the name as we already know who the tomb raider is (unless there are others).

i think the "Lara Croft" was added because of the movies. the movies obvioulsy had to add "Lara Croft" since the they were to be released worldwide and many people are not aware of who the Tomb Raider is...

but no Lara Croft in the name :ohn:

trXD 24-11-08 20:38

I like lara croft in the name actually. Im not sure why...

Rivendell 24-11-08 20:44

Keep it just as [B]Tomb Raider[/B]. The general public see Tomb Raider and Lara Croft as synonymous anyway, so it's pointless to have both.

"Tomb Raider" on its own is much cooler than "Lara Croft Tomb Raider".

The latter implies a bigger focus on the character rather than the actions/gameplay.

Bladerj 24-11-08 20:53

i never noticed her name was on the title to be honest,but now that you meantion it,i dont mind it for 2 reason
1-i didnt noticed,lol
2-at least here many gamers refer to lara as tomb raider,or tomb raider gal,they dont even know her name,so including it in the title may be a good think,its like indiana jones movies,the first and i think the second were just the name of the movie,then they added indiana jones before the name,it gave the character more proeminence,it become indiana jones movie,not a movie with indiana jones you know what i mean ?
and for that i disagree with rivendell,if the focus is not lara, hell, sell it to whoever does uncharted,and put nathan drake on it,its not about lara after all....so who cares who is the lead? for me tomb raider is about lara journeys.

Swaye 24-11-08 21:16

I agree, keep only Tomb Raider. Lara Croft Tomb Raider ... (the name of the next game) is way too long, it's simpler if they exclude Lara Croft from the title.

laralover_07 24-11-08 21:32

[QUOTE=shanqz;3253629](unless there are others).[/QUOTE] :pi::mis: