Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Do You Think The Same Tragedy Will Happen Again? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=142254)

Shark_Blade 16-12-08 16:09

Do You Think The Same Tragedy Will Happen Again?

How things has been going on lately has given vague hints of what to happen in the future, to me at least.

It's just something that I was thinking, Eidos has been pumping CD to push the game out every year lately as they need to get their hands on hard cold cash.
And it doesn't seem to me that Eidos care much about the quality of the game. I mean just look at TRU, even though I love it, I have to admit it still has flaws, buggy levels such as the motorbike section, dodgy camera, Lara having seizures when in corners and calms down when you left the controls for awhile, etc . Don't forget about the cut field camera that we were supposed to have to take pictures all over the levels and share with people online? Was CD happy with TRU with all these cut things and unfinished properties that they never had time to finish?

So far the reviewers has been good and kind, they praise CD for saving Tomb Raider franchise. I mean what if one day CD's luck run out? Eidos were dementedly determine to launch a new tr game out and it wasn't even half finished or fully polished. It will be Aod all over again, where Eidos was blatantly wanted to release it parallel with the new movie (Cradle of Life). With that, Core was fired for releasing an unfinished game, yet it was clearly known the game needed more time.

Good games need time, just look at Zelda Twilight Princess. It took years of development, delays and fixes to finally release it to the public.

So at this rate, history might repeat itself..
We lost Core once. Do we want to see CD end up like that? Eidos really need to clear up their act and think what matters most in the long run.

What do you guys think?

x2crazyidiot 16-12-08 16:15

agreed. I think Eidos just need to cool off, and allow CD around 3-4 years inorder to make a truely [B]FANTASTIC[/B] TR

jumoeder 16-12-08 16:15

i don't want to lose CD:(:(:(

da tomb raider! 16-12-08 16:20

The series simply needs a new publisher. It's obvious Eidos will always make the developers release a Tomb Raider game every year, so they need to be replaced.

jumoeder 16-12-08 16:34

[QUOTE=da tomb raider!;3314880]The series simply needs a new publisher. It's obvious Eidos will always make the developers release a Tomb Raider game every year, so they need to be replaced.[/QUOTE]

yeah, your right. i think ubisoft should publish tomb raider. they make there games look good and play good.(except for those crappie kiddie games)

EDIT:i'm really thinking to create an, G.R.O. eidos thread right now, although i hate the G.R.O threads

Eddie Haskell 16-12-08 17:23

First: They are in the business to make money, the most money that they can. Most of the fans of this series and Lara are permanent buyers, they cannot be discouraged enough to abandon Lara or the game under any circumstance. So EIDOS does what any company would do given these facts; they attempt to go beyond the fanatics (money in the bank) and garner more dollars from the rest of the gaming public (and even non-gaming if possible). A common sense strategy for them for a character that has worldwide name recognition and the expectations that come with it.

Second: Because the fanatics will buy just about anything anyway, they need to find out why the other gamers do not purchase TR and then attempt to pry their dollars from their hands as well. Using the now famous market research techniques they elicit the various rationales as to why these gamers shun all things Tomb Raider and attempt to rectify these issues in order to gather them into the fold. If they have learned one thing in the last 3 games it is that they have carte blanche to do whatever they want to the series and will suffer no adverse effects as a result of this.

Third: The result of these factors is a game that resembles action/adventure swill, a watered down version (aka a ghost) of the former game. Taking the results and reasons for the non-TR gamers into account, they seek to produce a game that appeals to the widest possible audience. Anyone who knows anything about this topic (in reference to just about anything) knows that the product produced is swill.

So, this is it in a nutshell. Lara and Tomb Raider are trapped by the success. In my mind the real answer for all of this is for EIDOS to produce a second game that appeals to the needs of the true, hardcore Tomb Raider gamer. Leave Lara in the swill, and make a new, challenging, movement simulation game that can return the genre to it's former glory.

Encore 16-12-08 17:44

[QUOTE=Eddie Haskell;3315093]
In my mind the real answer for all of this is for EIDOS to produce a second game that appeals to the needs of the true, hardcore Tomb Raider gamer. Leave Lara in the swill, and make a new, challenging, movement simulation game that can return the genre to it's former glory.[/QUOTE]

I like the sound of that idea. :tmb:

Kiss-Bite 16-12-08 18:10

I think the only way for TR to be great again is if Eidos loses it all together in the hope that a decent publisher gets it & actually has the vision to see the potential TR has to become important again.:)

Anarae 16-12-08 22:03

Content removed by the user.

_ush2_ 16-12-08 22:09

i dont know, i think they need the money but CD was good in project snowblind!!!