Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Upcoming Xbox Exclusives? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=217354)

fondantcookie 16-02-17 19:11

Upcoming Xbox Exclusives?

Forgive my ignorance but what are some upcoming Xbox exclusives this year?

Looking at this section of the forum there are countless threads for PS4 games (released and upcoming) just on the first page but very little chatter of anything Xbox based? E.g.

Crash Bandicoot
Detroit: Become Human
Horizon Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4
The Last Guardian
Death Stranding
Nier Automata
Kingdom Hearts
Last of Us

Is it just that there are a larger number of PS4 players on this forum or that there isn't much coming out/worth mentioning for Xbox?

I only ask because a friend from work has an Xbox One and is considering switching to PS4. As a Sony guy I can't really advise...

Thanks in advance

Dia2blo 17-02-17 07:58

I have been an 'Xbox guy' since forever but there really are no exclusives this generation. Halo Wars 2 is coming soon but it's also on PC anyway. I now spend more time on the PC, PS4 and WiiU.

_Doppie_ 17-02-17 10:56

Xbox players should wait for Project Scorpio. I think Xbox exclusives will pop up with it. Developers will be happy to work on the current most powerful console - a stable 60fps with 4K/UHD definition will be easily feasible on Scorpio, I guess. Just in case, Xbox One has 1.32 teraflops, PS4 Pro has 4.14 teraflops and Scorpio will have 6 teraflops.

Xbox players. Just wait.

Murphdawg1 17-02-17 12:04

[QUOTE=fondantcookie;7713389]Forgive my ignorance but what are some upcoming Xbox exclusives this year?

Looking at this section of the forum there are countless threads for PS4 games (released and upcoming) just on the first page but very little chatter of anything Xbox based? E.g.

Crash Bandicoot
Detroit: Become Human
Horizon Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4
The Last Guardian
Death Stranding
Nier Automata
Kingdom Hearts
Last of Us

Is it just that there are a larger number of PS4 players on this forum or that there isn't much coming out/worth mentioning for Xbox?

I only ask because a friend from work has an Xbox One and is considering switching to PS4. As a Sony guy I can't really advise...

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

You forgot Spider-man on that list, as for Xbox exclusives if they stick to their current pattern then this should be the year for another Forza Motorsport buy yeah most of their "exclusives" are going to PC now.

RWTSB 17-02-17 12:21

Do your research then you realise they do have a few lol.

Crackdown
Sea of thieves
state of decay 2
Cup Head

I just think the majority on this forum love PS4. Nothing wrong with that.

Considering Phil tweets he did say that more fp games and a new IP are coming so yeah I think we wait and see.

[QUOTE=_Doppie_;7713600]Xbox players should wait for Project Scorpio. I think Xbox exclusives will pop up with it. Developers will be happy to work on the current most powerful console - a stable 60fps with 4K/UHD definition will be easily feasible on Scorpio, I guess. Just in case, Xbox One has 1.32 teraflops, PS4 Pro has 4.14 teraflops and Scorpio will have 6 teraflops.

Xbox players. Just wait.[/QUOTE]

This.

So advice your friend to wait. ;)

Zelda master 17-02-17 13:24

[QUOTE]Upcoming Xbox Exclusives?[/QUOTE]

Non? Honestly outside of games that also end up on the PC I can't think of a single one.

[QUOTE=_Doppie_;7713600]Xbox players should wait for Project Scorpio. I think Xbox exclusives will pop up with it. Developers will be happy to work on the current most powerful console - a stable 60fps with 4K/UHD definition will be easily feasible on Scorpio, I guess. Just in case, Xbox One has 1.32 teraflops, PS4 Pro has 4.14 teraflops and Scorpio will have 6 teraflops.

Xbox players. Just wait.[/QUOTE]

But what's the point of 4K when most games can't even reach 1080p/30fps on the original model? Seems like it makes more sense to actually focus on having a stable 1080p performance than jumping onto the next thing (that barely anyone has right now). I truly doubt we'll be seeing actual 2160p/60fps on the Scorpio. Especially if all software has to be compatible with the original model.

Dia2blo 17-02-17 14:13

[QUOTE=RWTSB;7713628]Do your research then you realise they do have a few lol.

Crackdown
Sea of thieves
state of decay 2
Cup Head

I just think the majority on this forum love PS4. Nothing wrong with that.

Considering Phil tweets he did say that more fp games and a new IP are coming so yeah I think we wait and see.

This.

So advice your friend to wait. ;)[/QUOTE]

I can easily see those games coming to PC if MS continue to push the 'play anywhere thing. I agree that this forum is a predominantly PS-loving audience (brand loyalty from the TR 2-3 exclusivity era?) and this used to really irk me. However as someone who's no.1 favourite franchise (next to TR) is Halo I bought an Xbox One on launch and it has been an utter disappointment to date.

RWTSB 17-02-17 14:26

[QUOTE=Dia2blo;7713657]I can easily see those games coming to PC if MS continue to push the 'play anywhere thing. I agree that this forum is a predominantly PS-loving audience (brand loyalty from the TR 2-3 exclusivity era?) and this used to really irk me. However as someone who's no.1 favourite franchise (next to TR) is Halo I bought an Xbox One on launch and it has been an utter disappointment to date.[/QUOTE]

But their games. I know they [I]might[/I] come to PC. Yeah, this forum loves PS but nothing wrong with that. Should I create an[I] thread[/I] about an exclusive (XBOX/PC) upcoming game like[I] "State of Decay 2"[/I] would I get a response maybe?

I think that they need to push more [I]boundaries[/I] within games, but I don't think it been an [I]disappointment [/I]they focus too much on the multiplayer aspect than the single player[I] market[/I]. So we should wait and be more positive. :hug:

Emix 17-02-17 15:08

XB exclusives are now console exclusives. They are also releasing games on Windows 10. So you can buy game once and play them on PC and XB console. And yes there are XB/PC exclusives.

BTW. OP listed NieR: Automata and Death Stranding as PS4 exclusives, both games are coming to PC.

Murphdawg1 17-02-17 15:38

[QUOTE=Emix;7713673]XB exclusives are now console exclusives. They are also releasing games on Windows 10. So you can buy game once and play them on PC and XB console. And yes there are XB/PC exclusives.

BTW. OP listed NieR: Automata and Death Stranding as PS4 exclusives, both games are coming to PC.[/QUOTE]

Is Death Stranding going to PC? Wasn't sure since Kojima is using the Decima engine from Guerilla Games.