Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   When Is SOTTR Announcemnt? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=218555)

King Ultra 25-08-17 17:29

When Is SOTTR Announcemnt?

As I'm sure you all know both E3 and Gamescon where a let down for News On a new Tomb Raider,so when do you guys think its comming and what event? :confused:

Also I remember Megan said "This E3 will be a quite year for Lara" she said "we are looking forward to catching up on Lara's [B]NEW[/B] Adventure later this year" perhaps by New adventure she still ment ROTTR was the new adventure and that the enhances Xbox one X version of ROTTR is our news :(

Chamayoo 25-08-17 17:36

Even if ROTTR has new graphics, it's hardly NEW. :p
I'm sure Meagan meant a real new adventure, it could be Shadow or a new Lara Croft game.

When it will be announced ? Certainly before 2018. Maybe via IGN, maybe Game Informer or VGX in December ?

Costel 25-08-17 17:46

I think SOTTR is in 5 minutes as a world announcement in all media across the globe.
BREAKING NEWS! New Gameplay trailer for SOTTR.

But that is my thinking.:p

Rai 25-08-17 17:47

As Chamayoo rightly points out, Rise is not new, so, no, when Meagan said that, she certainly didn't mean Rise coming to a new console.

With the new comic arc out late November, I'm confident there will be an announcement either just before or around the same time. That's not very precise, but honestly neither is 'later this year' :p. There's four months left, we're on the home streak.

Patrick star 25-08-17 17:47

Isn't this like the gazillion-th thread speculating about when and where will SOTTR get announced ? :ponder:

Anyway , I guess it will premier at the VGX .

Chamayoo 25-08-17 17:58

[QUOTE=Patrick star;7773510]Isn't this like the gazillion-th thread speculating about when and where will SOTTR get announced ? :ponder:[/QUOTE]
I don't know about existing threads but sure we discussed about it within 10 or 20 pages on the Gamescom thread. :p

[QUOTE=Costel;7773508]I think SOTTR is in 5 minutes as a world announcement in all media across the globe.
BREAKING NEWS! New Gameplay trailer for SOTTR.

But that is my thinking.:p[/QUOTE]
If only ! :(

AntRaidsTombs 25-08-17 18:27

I just thought about something. When they show previews before a movie begins in theaters. What if, whenever the Tomb Raider movie trailer actually drops & they start playing it in the movie theaters before the movies, a Shadow trailer concides with it?

rewak 25-08-17 18:42

I'd be more inclined to say they'd play a SOTTR trailer before the upcoming TR movie, whether or not they reveal it properly before that is hard to see. There's no real huge upcoming gaming events unless they unveil it at the Playstation event, but given their preference for Microsoft since Crystal took over i don't see that. We might be in for a long wait.

jajay119 25-08-17 18:54

Yes but given how lacklustre the support for Rise was by Microsoft, where the game was pretty much shafted for Fallout 4, and given the attitude inthe massive push on the PS4 version of rise 'Lara comes home' etc. perhaps allegences have since changed.

AntRaidsTombs 25-08-17 19:17

[QUOTE=jajay119;7773536]Yes but given how lacklustre the support for Rise was by Microsoft, where the game was pretty much shafted for Fallout 4, and given the attitude inthe massive push on the PS4 version of rise 'Lara comes home' etc. perhaps allegences have since changed.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you here