Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Can't beat final boss (quick action event) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=198330)

StevenX 09-03-13 19:06

Can't beat final boss (quick action event)

Can anyone help with killing the final boss? I keep getting him down on his knees and going up to him and pressing F to trigger the quick action event, but then no matter when I press F again when it tells me to, she doesn't do anything. I've pressed the button at just about every single position the reticule could be in - when are you SUPPOSED to do it?

I've managed to do it once, on the first of what I believe are three rounds but am hopelessly stuck on the second. I've been trying it for about 45 minutes.

Extremely frustrating, much like all of the combat.

Gamd1011 09-03-13 19:07

I think this is a known glitch in the PC version. :o

trfanX34 09-03-13 19:07

You need to press it when the moving circle gets into the smaller one and the icon lights up. But I think I've read elsewhere that QTEs are really ****ed up in the PC version :/

StevenX 09-03-13 19:14

[QUOTE=trfanX34;6695110]You need to press it when the moving circle gets into the smaller one and the icon lights up. But I think I've read elsewhere that QTEs are really ****ed up in the PC version :/[/QUOTE]

The icon lights up for a split second in the PC version here. What a joke.
If a patch doesn't come out over the next couple days I may just watch a video of the ending to avoid wasting my time.

EDIT: Just managed to pass the Oni, but now stuck on the QTE with Mathias (mashing E to defend)... *sigh*

EDIT 2: Managed to get past that eventually by lowering all the graphics settings (clearly an excess of ridiculous effects) only for the final cutscene to not have any visuals, just sound. Brilliant.

ramrodhaha 11-03-13 12:31

i am having the same problem... any way out??

jeffrey van oort 11-03-13 12:37

I have a similar problem. It's a frame skipping thing caused by a slow machine. The game thinks you don't press continuously while of course you do.
I'd suggest you update your hardware, or lower your graphics settings. Doing so will fix the problem as noted above.

coolaideonfire 11-03-13 13:20

Playing PC version as well and have found the QTEs react differently every time. Some you just need to press the button when the circles align, as you would expect, others seem to only respond to being mashed continuously or held down. Its annoying and rather than these QTEs being any fun, it becomes more like a trial and error until you pass. :o

tomee 12-03-13 17:53

[QUOTE=trfanX34;6695110]You need to press it when the moving circle gets into the smaller one and the icon lights up. But I think I've read elsewhere that QTEs are really ****ed up in the PC version :/[/QUOTE]

I thought they were fine. There's one exception though, the QTE in the wold den. For some reason the game didn't not register struggling and I was killed like 15 times in a row. I was really annoyed. The rest worked fine though.

Sabi96 12-03-13 17:55

Actually in the wolf den, A and D didn't respond, so i used <- and -> and it worked

Laraisfit 12-03-13 17:57

All you do is press a button 3 or 4 times when the computer wants you to and next thing you know it ends and watch what Lara does......your not missing much.