Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Command & Conqure - Generals (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=71981)

Catapharact 12-08-06 13:45

Command & Conqure - Generals

Good game; Bad Politics.

To be frank, its one of the most intense and fast paced strategy games I have played, and perfectly depicts modern warfare senerios. The particle effects are absolutely spectacular but it does demand high computer specs.

You have the choice of playing as three groups each with their own seperate general factions: The US army, The Chinese Red Guard or The GLA movement. They all have their pros and cons and as such you have dictate your strategy carefully (I personally believe that there is no substitue for air power, infantry rush and the good ol fashion Super Weapons; I have yet to lose a battle ;). )

Apart from your regular units, you are given distinct general powers, depending upon who you play as. General powers are a tremendous asset; Especially some of the more devistating ones like Carpet Bombing or GLA Sneak Attack.

A good play; Just try to ignore the in-game politics.

If you have a copy of the game, then General Cat-O-Mighty challenges you. He is bored of winning so easily over such weak leadership.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Catapharact/Medals2.jpg[/IMG]

Melonie Tomb Raider 12-08-06 15:27

I love this game!!! :D

Angelx14 12-08-06 15:32

I never heard about this game. How good is it?

jarhead 12-08-06 16:16

i love playing the chinese, there powerfull, america is too high tech and GLA to simple yet complicated to master so i love the chinese

Cochrane 12-08-06 16:32

I always get owned by my friends. Anyway, did you notice the built-in censoring of chat messages? Not only "nasty" words (those that get filtered by this forum), but also names like "Saddam", "Osama" or "Hitler" get replaced by stars. Every time I play it with my friends, one favourite way to pass the time until everyone is ready to join the game is trying to find ways to work around that thing. I really wonder what this function is good for.

Catapharact 12-08-06 16:49

[QUOTE=Angelx14]I never heard about this game. How good is it?[/QUOTE]

Just as Melonie said ;).

[QUOTE=Cochrane]I always get owned by my friends. Anyway, did you notice the built-in censoring of chat messages? Not only "nasty" words (those that get filtered by this forum), but also names like "Saddam", "Osama" or "Hitler" get replaced by stars. Every time I play it with my friends, one favourite way to pass the time until everyone is ready to join the game is trying to find ways to work around that thing. I really wonder what this function is good for.[/QUOTE]

LMAO! I didn't know that. Ah you gotta love EA and their advertising propaganda sometimes.

Anyway, Anyone in the mood for a match right now? I am pumped after clearing the asphalt of all them ******s that couldn't survive even 30 mins.

jarhead 12-08-06 16:51

i enjoy playing thr game but in no where half decent at it. i havnt played it in a whiole, mgiht install it tongiht, the expansion pack is a bit complicated

Catapharact 12-08-06 16:54

Oh you just gotta love the Zero Hour Expansion :D. The inclusion of the Helix Transport/attack helicopter and the Fast riding GLA Attack bikes is such a treat.

Install it ASAP :).

Mel; Did your dad pick a good match time? :)

jarhead 12-08-06 17:00

[quote=Catapharact]Oh you just gotta love the Zero Hour Expansion :D. The inclusion of the Helix Transport/attack helicopter and the Fast riding GLA Attack bikes is such a treat.

Install it ASAP :).

Mel; Did your dad pick a good match time? :)[/quote]

i prefer the nuke general and his nuclear tanks :jmp: , the those patriot missle laser things are excellent, shame its the only good thing about that general, good defense but just planes cant win a war

Mona Sax 12-08-06 17:12

Love it, the only C&C I prefer is Red Alert 2. Only the Bagdad map is a bit... unfortunate, to say the least.