Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Underworld (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   I saw the trailer... (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=67126)

black_sheepa 16-06-06 12:09

I saw the trailer...

I saw the trailer and i have to say a few thing about it.

First of all, the graphic looks amazing and everything there remembers you on TR I. That is the good thing, but the bad thing is, that Lara moves very bad, nealy catasrophical. Every move of Lara is gross. Really! So i think, it is the best thing to give it in the hands of Crystal Dynamics to remake the moves and Lara herself. But if Crystal Dynamics not only change that, the game will turn into ****.

So please Crystal Dynamics, don't change the Game Engine!!! PLEASE!!

Lara Lover 16-06-06 12:11

Didn't the people from Eidos not take the trailer down? :confused:

black_sheepa 16-06-06 12:12

Yeah, I found it luckily in the net. But i think I am not allowed to say where...

angelika 16-06-06 12:14

If I remember correctly Justin wrote that it is banned to appear on this forum and must delete any downloads.
Maybe it appeared on another site. I don't know

[QUOTE=black_sheepa]Yeah, I found it luckily in the net. But i think I am not allowed to say where...[/QUOTE]
True

Fraaadrik 16-06-06 12:21

Why even bother watch it and post about it when it's officially cancelled, PM the site to trl so he can get it deleted.

black_sheepa 16-06-06 12:22

I don't watched the trailer on this site, so Trl cannot do much about it.

Rivendell 16-06-06 12:23

I liked the way she moved :) Her run, jump, shooting, all very reminiscent of TR1 - how apt - it's a remake! Or at least was..

MiCkiZ88 16-06-06 12:26

yeah I saw the trailer too.. it was clearly unfinished.. I liked the t-rex part

thevman 16-06-06 14:27

The wild jump she does over 2 platforms in the cistern looked sweet! :eek: But like they said, dead horse, no use wishing for that build of the game now, CD has it now, up to them how they'll make her move.

illuminati30 16-06-06 14:46

Did anyone think the Core game was kinda green?

Rivendell 16-06-06 14:54

Lol Illuminati, I know what you mean. Early footage though. Lara's top was dazzling in places too! :cln:
Ahh it looked ace..

thevman 16-06-06 14:57

Bad compression and low res, I'm sure if it got to final production it would have been fine with the coloring.

Joe_16 16-06-06 14:58

I saw the trailer as well and remember thinking;

'Oh dear God this is going to be the best game ever'

Well done Eidos for cancelling it. Quality idea, that.

illuminati30 16-06-06 15:02

[quote=Rivendell]Lol Illuminati, I know what you mean. Early footage though. Lara's top was dazzling in places too! :cln:
Ahh it looked ace..[/quote]

lol it did, but as the orginal poster stated, i dont think the controls were changed much. She look just as clunky as then.

Rivendell 16-06-06 15:05

I don't think she looked 'clunky' at all! And she's never felt clunky or tank like to me in the past anyway - so I doubt it would've bothered me! I think I'd have been overjoyed if she moved like she did in TR1, it'd've (wow, there's abbreviation for you) felt like TR1 used to .

[QUOTE]
Well done Eidos for cancelling it. Quality idea, that.[/QUOTE]

Yep.. yep.. :confused:

illuminati30 16-06-06 15:07

[quote=Rivendell]I don't think she looked 'clunky' at all! And she's never felt clunky or tank like to me in the past anyway - so I doubt it would've bothered me! I think I'd have been overjoyed if she moved like she did in TR1, it'd've (wow, there's abbreviation for you) felt like TR1 used to .

[/quote]

I like the controls as well, but you die a lot due to them. That does not go down so well these day :wve:

Joe_16 16-06-06 15:08

Why are you confused, Rivendell?

Rivendell 16-06-06 15:22

As to Eidos' choice to cancel the project, not at what you said ;)

Blackmoor 16-06-06 16:14

[QUOTE=illuminati30][quote=Rivendell]I don't think she looked 'clunky' at all! And she's never felt clunky or tank like to me in the past anyway - so I doubt it would've bothered me! I think I'd have been overjoyed if she moved like she did in TR1, it'd've (wow, there's abbreviation for you) felt like TR1 used to .
[/quote]I like the controls as well, but you die a lot due to them. That does not go down so well these day :wve:[/QUOTE]I liked the look of them too very much. They looked like an upgrade of the old controls - a sort of combination of the old 3D controls and some of the newer moves.

I prefer this type of control system anyway. ;) I prefer to feel like I'm in the game, not a movie director watching a character do everything.

black_sheepa 16-06-06 19:53

[QUOTE=Rivendell]I liked the way she moved :) Her run, jump, shooting, all very reminiscent of TR1 - how apt - it's a remake! Or at least was..[/QUOTE]

I think she moved really chaotic. I don't like for example, how she is climbing siteward. That was only cottled.

And i liked the part with the T-Rex too :)

RAID 16-06-06 19:55

[QUOTE=illuminati30]Did anyone think the Core game was kinda green?[/QUOTE]
Yep I did :p

GodOfLight 16-06-06 19:59

btw, what is it with the classic outfit and everyone thinking the top is meant to be green :confused:

if i remember correctly, in tr1, 2 ,and 3 it's BLUE!!! BLUE!!!! BLUE!!!!

it was only with tr4 that it started going an odd turqouise, and now with legend its bright green and latex.

i always saw it as normal blue/green cloth on lara :confused:

black_sheepa 16-06-06 20:20

Legend was light-brown! Not Green!
And Lara allways HAD green clothers on!

Rivendell 16-06-06 20:33

He means the classic outfit in legend :tea:

Misao 16-06-06 21:10

Are they gonna release a HQ version of the trailer soon?

black_sheepa 17-06-06 08:52

I hope so!

Rivendell 17-06-06 08:56

Yeah me too :)

in these arms 17-06-06 09:15

[QUOTE=Misao]Are they gonna release a HQ version of the trailer soon?[/QUOTE]

I really hope so!